Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

The Librarian -
The Librarian -

Top Posters

<---- Zechariah 2     Zechariah 4 ---->

And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.

2 And the Lord said unto Satan, The Lord rebuke thee, O Satan; even the Lord that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?

3 Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel.

4 And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.

5 And I said, Let them set a fair mitre upon his head. So they set a fair mitre upon his head, and clothed him with garments. And the angel of the Lord stood by.

6 And the angel of the Lord protested unto Joshua, saying,

7 Thus saith the Lord of hosts; If thou wilt walk in my ways, and if thou wilt keep my charge, then thou shalt also judge my house, and shalt also keep my courts, and I will give thee places to walk among these that stand by.

8 Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou, and thy fellows that sit before thee: for they are men wondered at: for, behold, I will bring forth my servant the Branch.

9 For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the Lord of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.

10 In that day, saith the Lord of hosts, shall ye call every man his neighbour under the vine and under the fig tree.

Hebrew Interlinear

• Similar Content

• By The Librarian
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. And he showed me Joshua Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  the high priest standing before the angel of Jehovah, and Satan Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  was standing at his right hand to resist him.  Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. Then the angel of Jehovah said to Satan: “May Jehovah rebuke you, O Satan, Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  yes, may Jehovah, who has chosen Jerusalem, Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  rebuke you! Is not this one a burning log snatched out of the fire?”  - Zechariah chapter 3
      ----------------------------------------------------
      *Note to the Bible Trivia game players: Please do not be shy giving out "Likes" to those who answer the question best. This is how the game is played. Enjoy!
    • By The Librarian
      What is the significance of the clean turban versus the "filthy garments"? - Zechariah chapter 3

*Note - We should all give "Likes" or "Share" the post of whoever answers correctly. I'm enjoying this Bible trivia game. 
    • By The Librarian
      How did Jehovah finally rebuke Satan the Devil according to the angel at Zechariah chapter 3?

• By The Librarian
      9 See the stone that I have set before Joshua! On the one stone are seven eyes; and I am engraving an inscription on it,’ declares Jehovah of armies, ‘and I will take away the guilt of that land in one day.’+ - Zechariah chapter 3

Bonus question: What is the engraving of?
      Can anyone find an illustration in our history of this? 
    • By The Librarian
      8 “‘Hear, please, O High Priest Joshua, you and your companions who sit before you, for these men serve as a sign; look! I am bringing in my servant+ Sprout!+ - Zechariah 3:8

Maybe someone will remember if we have EVER had an illustration made of Sprout!? I don't remember seeing one before.

• Who Was Online   102 Users were Online in the Last 24 Hours   (Most members ever online in 24 hour was 103, last accomplished on .)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mak
    Newest Member
    mak

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.