The Librarian

• Views 454
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Until they notice you. I think there was a really good reason why Jesus waited until he was 30 years old to be baptized. We are supposed to follow Jesus' example  as well as his teachings ..

It depends very much on circumstances, so there is no one correct answer. If you have been drifting slowly by not going out in field service first, and then slowly missing meetings until you stop all

It also shows that little shepherding is done.  The shepherd is supposed to use his crook to rescue those who fall into a precipice.  Seems that they are even afraid of these people.  

Posted Images

Until they notice you.

I think there was a really good reason why Jesus waited until he was 30 years old to be baptized.

We are supposed to follow Jesus' example  as well as his teachings ... and most people do not form a basis for a firm resolve based on character ... until they actually have enough life experiences to DEVELOP character.

Unless you are an Elder in good apparent standing, where the "Three Year Rule" applies, after dedication and baptism, you will always be subject to scrutiny, and chastisement ... if they notice you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2017 at 9:34 PM, The Librarian said:

Dear Librarian,

Screen Shot 2017-12-27 at 6.31.36 PM.png

This question was submitted via my Twitter account  @jwnewshistory

It depends very much on circumstances, so there is no one correct answer. If you have been drifting slowly by not going out in field service first, and then slowly missing meetings until you stop all together, and then avoid any contact with the congregation elders and other witnesses it could be anything from one to 5 years....

15 hours ago, Melinda Mills said:

It also shows that little shepherding is done.  The shepherd is supposed to use his crook to rescue those who fall into a precipice.  Seems that they are even afraid of these people.

Yeah it was crazy, in my day we were raised to shun witnesses who started to do less field service work and/or attend meetings. Totally opposite of what Jesus taught.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.