The World News Media

Which nations disappear in Armageddon?

Israeli Bar Avaddhon

Anna's post: I think what you mean is that we should not allow head knowledge to override our emotional attachment to Jehovah? [sorry, the system would not let me copy it when doing an edit]

Yes, that would be a good way to express it. While we have love of the knowledge, we wouldn't want that love to be greater than our love for Jehovah and doing his will.

• Views 5.8k
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chapters 19 and 20 of Revelation will unveil some significant details about the war of Armageddon and what will happen next. These details will include two major changes to the current understandi

If I had to make a wild guess, I would say that you are 35 or younger and that you have pioneered at one time. You are obviously heady and have become impatient with those who are not. You are gifted

You did not respond to any inquiries about your ministry. Why don't you try the following? I stumbled across it once. It has transformed my ministry. Maybe it will help yours. Say something

2 minutes ago, Anna said:
1 hour ago, DeeDee said:

Satan had used my love for God and zeal for the truth and turned that zeal into an "idol" to mislead me AWAY from the TRUE God...

If you don't mind me asking, how?

I spent YEARS of my life searching for the truth in other religions.

9 minutes ago, DeeDee said:
12 minutes ago, Anna said:
2 hours ago, DeeDee said:

Satan had used my love for God and zeal for the truth and turned that zeal into an "idol" to mislead me AWAY from the TRUE God...

If you don't mind me asking, how?

I spent YEARS of my life searching for the truth in other religions.

So what was the KEY that finally helped you to find the Truth?

Anna's post: So what was the KEY that finally helped you to find the Truth?

A brother came to my door and showed me the book "What does the Bible REALLY Teach?" I said to him: "That is what I have ALWAYS wanted to know!!!" I started a Bible Study immediately and have been grateful that Jehovah rescued me from Satan's system ever since!!

P.S. That is why the work that we do is so VERY important...We are helping Jehovah to save the lives of people who love him so very much, but don't know how to find him.

20 minutes ago, DeeDee said:

Anna's post: So what was the KEY that finally helped you to find the Truth?

A brother came to my door and showed me the book "What does the Bible REALLY Teach?" I said to him: "That is what I have ALWAYS wanted to know!!!" I started a Bible Study immediately and have been grateful that Jehovah rescued me from Satan's system ever since!!

P.S. That is why the work that we do is so VERY important...We are helping Jehovah to save the lives of people who love him so very much, but don't know how to find him.

So what convinced you it was the Truth?

23 minutes ago, Anna said:

So what convinced you it was the Truth?

I had been devoted to God since a child, but as a Roman Catholic. I was planning on becoming a Catholic Nun. In high school I read Matthew, which taught me many interesting things about the future that I was not being taught. Then at 17 I was babysitting...there were JW books and brochures at the home, which I read. At that point I decided that I could NOT become a Nun because what I read was so VERY different than anything taught by the Church. I began searching to find the truth. I knew it would be in the Bible, so I used to search for early copies to learn what was REALLY God's message. It became impossible to find the truth. When the brother came to the door, and I saw that the JW's had a book that REALLY taught the Bible, I KNEW that I had FINALLY found the TRUTH!!!

4 hours ago, Israeli Bar Avaddhon said:

Meanwhile, I'll tell you what will happen soon. 

On 1/3/2018 at 11:44 AM, TrueTomHarley said:
On 1/3/2018 at 11:16 AM, Israeli Bar Avaddhon said:

have you gone from criticizing my posts to get to give me advice on how to "put me better" in front of others?

Yes. Are you not being a bit...um....immodest? 

19 minutes ago, DeeDee said:

and I saw that the JW's had a book that REALLY taught the Bible, I KNEW that I had FINALLY found the TRUTH!!!

Ok, but I don't think that really answered my question. Just because someone says they will tell you what the Bible REALLY says doesn't guarantee they are telling you the truth does it. 

16 minutes ago, Anna said:

Ok, but I don't think that really answered my question. Just because someone says they will tell you what the Bible REALLY says doesn't guarantee they are telling you the truth does it. 

I had received regular "informal" return visits with two sisters a few years before seeing the book and had been given a JW Bible. Also, I always respected the way JW's knew and used the Bible so thoroughly. And, as I said earlier, I KNEW that the TRUTH would be found IN the Bible [because I had ALWAYS believed that the Bible was truly God's Word and not man's.] So, when I saw that the JW's actually had a book that taught what the Bible REALLY teaches, I started to study. As I started learning what the Bible REALLY says, I quickly learned that "JEHOVAH" truly was God's name! That proved to me that the JW's MUST truly have the truth.

7 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Yes. Are you not being a bit...um....immodest? 

Everything is possible.
I may have received a blow on the head and believe that I was enlightened.
I could have delusions of omnipotence.
Everything is possible, dear Tom.
But the point is that one does not have the will to examine every affirmation with the Bible.
Everything is thrown into confusion.
How old I am, where I come from, what my personal experiences are.
I could also be a cocky but until we go to see, really, what the Bible says, you can never know (and it is risky for those who do not deepen).
Really the last comment, though.

For DeeDee who studied the book "What the Bible really teaches".
I guess that to convince you that it was the truth you had to take the Bible and compare all the Scriptures, did not you?

You did not become a sister because of what was written in the book "What the Bible really teaches" but because of what is written in the Bible, is not it?

So you did not make the Bible "an idol" (whatever that nonsense means) but you made the Bible a guide.
And we must also love the Bible because it is the gift that Jehovah has given to humanity.

Only the biblical knowledge allows you to truly love it and receive eternal life - John 17: 3

I want to clarify only one point and then I disappear.
I also know that the name of God is Jehovah and I have learned many things exclusively thanks to God's people (this).
I do not underestimate all this.

I have not said that this is not the people of God nor that it is necessary to "change religion".
However, exactly as happened in the past, this people will undergo a strict discipline for not seeking God completely.

This people will undergo a discipline for having raised the words of some men above the Bible itself.

As I have already said, since you do not want to deepen these affirmations for "do not commit mortal sin", we will only have to wait.

I agree with Anna: those who truly love God will survive.

• 3 months later...
On 1/4/2018 at 10:00 PM, Israeli Bar Avaddhon said:

Meanwhile, I'll tell you what will happen soon.
(...)
The king of the north will launch an attack on Israel (first they will only be strong denunciations and after military attack).
This will lead to war between the king of the north and the king of the south.
Obviously the brothers will say that "the great tribulation has begun" (exactly as it happened in the first and then in the second world war).

Wait a little while, gentlemen.
Perhaps some thoughtful person will remember what the Bible says about "inspired statements"
- 1 John 4:1

6 hours ago, Israeli Bar Avaddhon said:

Wait a little while, gentlemen.
Perhaps some thoughtful person will remember what the Bible says about "inspired statements"
- 1 John 4:1

Not to mention what we can find from the cross-references of 1 John 4:1 alone, which totals up to 5 verses.

But to see this one would have to see where each part of 1 John 4:1 directs the reader.

English Standard Version

Test The Spirits

1 John 4:1 reads: Beloved, do not believe every spirit [every inspired statements] (A), but test the spirits [inspired statements] to see whether they are from God (B), for many false prophets have gone out into the world (C).

[A]

The Man of Lawlessness

2 Thessalonians 2:1,2 - (1) Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we ask you, brothers, (2) not to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed, either by a spirit or a spoken word, or a letter seeming to be from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come.

Some Will Depart from the Faith

1 Timothy 4:1 - Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons,

Jesus Is Coming

Revelations 22:6 - And he said to me, These words are trustworthy and true. And the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, has sent his angel to show his servants what must soon take place.

[C]

False Prophets and Teachers

2 Peter 2:1 - But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction.

All of which are harmoniously connected to 1 John 4:1. It is stuff like this that should not be ignored, thus leading to some easily misleading others and or making an obvious hermeneutical violation in terms of scripture.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.