The World News Media

Is it time for this forum to close its doors?

Ann O'Maly

• 2 months later...

• Views 5.7k
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't speak for the @admin since he is probably not even aware of this "controversy" right now.... BUT.... I just can't imagine Jesus Christ creating JesusChrist.org to publish his words..

My thoughts exactly @The Librarian So many concerning takeaways from this article. 1. It's a-okay for the org to completely restrict an entire area of preaching (social media). Social media

From the April 2018 Watchtower, p. 30-31. This is a bona fide, unadulterated copy (honest).  What are your thoughts on this article? Btw, I hope the irony of posting this here is not lo

Posted Images

Is it time for this forum to close its doors?

This used to be an interesting place. Discussion on matters that are not usually found in the everyday congregational setting. Viewpoints and questions, perhaps a bit different from the norm, but for the most part enlightening. Some topics a little challenging, but some genuinely creative opinions as a rule. And some input from non-witnesses, but with an educated and stimulating perspective.

It has deteriorated this year. Perhaps that has something to do with the article prompting this thread which suggested that "An online forum is not an appropriate setting for “instructing with mildness those not favorably disposed.” (2 Tim. 2:23-25; 1 Tim. 6:3-5).

Unfortunately, the forum of late seems to have attracted a growing group of whining, whingeing, critical, sarcastic, and apparently self-centered participants, set on maligning the Jehovah's Witness Governing Body, airing their rather sad, one-sided experiences and soured perceptions, along with tired, doctrinal debates, and the tedious repetition of time-worn anecdotes on perceived congregational injustices.

Leave the doors open, these people need somewhere to offload, but maybe a change in name is in order?

Jehovah's Witnesses Public Club? Why not Jehovah's Witnesses (Dontwannabe) Public Club?

@Gone Away Well it seems everything has jumbled into one, for last I recall I was always in Bible Discussion and Controversial Posts, now everything is in one area, that I do not mind however.

If anything, there is always reddit, other places also, one of which I am from but it is way to complex for someone for every word you speak has to be backed up, even if you mess up, you have to admit it too.

As for taking a load off, Reddit seems to be the ticket. But everywhere and anywhere, someone will always response.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.