The World News Media

Does the Governing Body live on-campus or off-campus?

Witness

1 hour ago, AllenSmith said:

Silly thing about the teachings of Christ, when the mission statement is to take the gospel of Christ to them!

On 3/1/2018 at 11:06 AM, Witness said:

And heal the sick there, and say to them,The kingdom of God has come near to you. "

The scripture is not dismissing the preaching of the "good news"... to the "lost sheep of Israel".  Matt 10:23

I am curious why you refer to the Catholic church and the Pope so much.   Is this because both the Watchtower and the Catholic church are hierarchical organizations; thus, making it easy to compare?

• Views 13.4k
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The key to understanding anything ... is CONTEXT! In context, what is being said is "If you are invited in as a guest, and shown hospitality ... do NOT go shopping around for better food and acco

“And Jesus said to him, “Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head.” Matt 8:20 "Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness, his

TrueTom returns to his abode after another hard day fleecing the flock.    

Posted Images

1 hour ago, AllenSmith said:

Therefore, if scripture STATES, about the preaching work, then, don’t criticize the manner it's being delivered.

Wait.  Jesus stated clearly, do no go door to door.  You are saying that the Watchtower's command to do so, carries more weight than that of Christ's, without even considering that he had a reason for saying so.    So, who really is the one committing spiritual immorality by transgressing Christ's command?  Who really is the Jezebel?

On 3/1/2018 at 1:59 PM, Witness said:

Knowledge is a blessing from Holy Spirit Col 1:9,10; Eph 1:15-18  I am sorry if you feel I have been misled.  Through your words, there is both a condescending attitude, yet I do detect some compassion.   In general, you appear to have a strong defense for your own words.  Again, you assume much about me without knowing my full beliefs, which is quite incredible; judging me, when you have no basis to.   Some of what you say I am in agreement with; a large portion of it, I am not.   I defend GodÂ’s Word through scripture; trying fervently to boast only in the Father and Jesus, and not of myself.   Gal 6:3,4,14   I hope you understand this.  We both have the freedom to speak what we believe is truth. 

God’s presence is within one’s heart, fertile ground for the Word of God; not within the physical walls of a building, of any sort.  John 14:23; Luke 8:15,8; Col 1:9,10 This is a fleshly view inspired by the desires of men.  Gal 6:7-9 ;1 Cor 2:14; Col 3:2; Heb 11:8-10

But, I do appreciate the history lesson that I was already aware of.:) 

Just next time be very aware of what a Temple is, the Heh'Khal, Hi'e'ron and Na'os, which render into the word Temple and or Palace, and that these places were indeed built by people, including those who served God and others who oppose/against God  (Solomon, Zerubbabel, Herod, etc) for it is a divine/spiritual habitation (dwelling), sacred place/inner rooms and or sanctuary, tabernacle (built by Moses), physical and or spiritual, for such places, built is employed for worship to the God of Israel, for such places deemed Holy are there for a very important reason, especially to those who honor and worship the true God and is consider very important to some, examples like Jesus who had been in temples, drove people out and in his youth, spoke to the teachers there. This is the problem that is usually with not just Christians who attempt to deconstruct what places of worship is, but Black Israelites also do the same thing, but far worse, for the word of God isn't something to take into context, not out of it.

Yes, God dwells in true Christians just as he dwells in Jesus Christ, for it says so that in the bible in Colossians 1:9, 2:9, 10 and Ephesians 3:19-21 (also compared verses), but is Kingdom will have a physical presence such a thing isn't in our hearts because we believe in the Christ to return; for we make up the Spiritual House with the Messianic King chosen to rule it. Just like the Samaritans, who to this day apply what is in the Tanakh, we too must do the same until the conclusion of the end times and tribulations, wait for Jesus return - for that is what all of us must take into account and be vigilant and aware always until that time comes.

Lastly, always take into account what the verses say and take its context and do not mix them around. For comparing Zechariah 8:3 to the Rock mentioned in the Greek New Testament is enough to have even the most violent folk among Christianity, Judaism, and Islam to be on you like sauce on rice, and in your face about such error, this also applies to comparing earthly Jerusalem to Heavenly Jerusalem being the same or using scripture to make it seems they are the same, when the reality is it, because of truth, is not identical.

Be very careful of these things and you will not end up like some Christians who are blinding not just themselves, but others fairly easily. Lessons learn and experienced gain after nearly 3 decades of scripture, Hebrew and Greek studies including the language, and Jewish history, you will find some things that are correct that most people today who call themselves Christians, are not following and or applying.

35 minutes ago, AllenSmith said:

No! That’s just your erred understanding about scripture, and what it means, Mark 16:15, Matthew 24:14, and the manner of delivering the Gospel of Christ, which you now question. But the day you do understand by your example of Luke 10:3-12, you will release, JESUS wasn’t talking about, NOT preaching door to door but much rather sending the 70 to teach Christ message without positions and to be left to the generosity of others. (Armed with vulnerability) Through the different towns and cities. Territory! For logging? If a disciple was welcomed, great! Eat, drink in peace! If he wasn’t, that was okay to. They were instructed not to stay in a house that wasn’t welcoming. Matthew 10:5-8, Mark 6:7-11. Therefore. Your citation is WRONG!

Be careful with this verse, Mark 16:15. There is a very big reason as to why such a verse is removed from most other translations of the bible, or as for Mark 16 itself, Mark 16:9-20 is considered to be not authentic and or uninspired vs. that of Mark 16:1-8 being correct.

I said something similar to Witness regarding his other post when his answer was that the bible was inspired, when the reality is, most Christians are not aware of Textual Criticism of some verses for not being authentic or God inspired, forged/changed made by men, or not present in the oldest and most reliable source which are the 4th century manuscripts.

Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_New_Testament_verses_not_included_in_modern_English_translations

Other then that, the other verses you said are correct and true.

16 hours ago, AllenSmith said:

As a theologian, I go beyond the Boundaries of the Watchtower to prove a point. I tried to explain that to JWinsider once.

I've been taking some time off as I needed to do a lot of traveling in the last few weeks, and this will continue for another week or so. But I did notice this comment and wanted to say that I understand what you mean here and have no problem with it. I do not have a problem with this method, per se, and I do not have a problem with most of the conclusions you draw. That includes the points you you have made in this topic. I agree with you. I tend to spend more time on those conclusions you have drawn from evidence that often is directly at odds with your conclusions. This probably leads some people to get the impression that I disagree with more of your conclusions than I agree with. I'm sure we are actually more in agreement than in disagreement, on most topics.

On this topic, I agree with most of what you said, and I see that most of the participants have also made good points even where I might disagree with some of the overall conclusions. The topic took and interesting turn. I have enjoyed reading it.

4 hours ago, AllenSmith said:

So, let's get this topic back on track. Why? people have the need to know where the GB live? ̬

.... because, AllenSmith, the GB has supposedly taken a vow of poverty, the same as everyone else at Bethel has ... and SOMEBODY is living in the 1.4 MILLION DOLLAR HOUSE in the Watchtower owned property in the community of Colony Park, 35 miles from the Warwick Campus .

Paragraph 12, on page 20 of this months Watchtower ( The One with the airplane on the cover) talking about the Apostle Paul's handling of contributed funds ... " He took steps to ensure that those delivering the funds cared for "everything honesty, not only in the sight of Jehovah but also in the sight of menRead 2 Corinthians 8:18-21" (emphasis mine)

There is solid evidence that the Society has deliberately distorted the truth in the past through selective quote mining, and the fact that in the United States, once contributed money reaches the District level, there is absolutely no accounting for it to the Brotherhood.

These things make it a very reasonable and prudent thing to ask.... and a real need to really know.

On 3/2/2018 at 3:06 PM, AllenSmith said:

No! That’s just your erred understanding about scripture, and what it means, Mark 16:15, Matthew 24:14, and the manner of delivering the Gospel of Christ, which you now question. But the day you do understand by your example of Luke 10:3-12, you will release, JESUS wasn’t talking about, NOT preaching door to door but much rather sending the 70 to teach Christ message without positions and to be left to the generosity of others. (Armed with vulnerability) Through the different towns and cities. Territory! For logging? If a disciple was welcomed, great! Eat, drink in peace! If he wasn’t, that was okay to. They were instructed not to stay in a house that wasn’t welcoming. Matthew 10:5-8, Mark 6:7-11. Therefore. Your citation is WRONG!

Really.  Your (bold and underlined) sentence doesn’t make sense one bit to me.  How do you twist Christ’s specific words regarding how he sent out the 70, which was into towns and cities and into the houses of those who invited them, as well as telling them NOT to go “house to house” (KJV),  as HE REALLY DIDN’T MEAN THAT LAST PART?

This is typical Watchtower talk, reversing the meaning to conveniently fit its purpose.   

"Therefore. Your citation is WRONG!"

Which citation is wrong, mine or Christ’s?  Mine is in harmony with Christ's; yours is just the opposite.  

Who searched house to house for the “firstborn” – to destroy the promised seed?  Matt 2:16-18; Gal 3:16

Who has sent out unknowing ones, “house to house” and brought in, with sufficient bait, the “firstfruits”?  Rev 12:17; 13:7; 11:7; 6:9-11; Rev 20:9 

There was a reason why Christ said what he did.  It was a tactic used by Herod to kill him.  

The Watchtower’s “preaching work” is counterfeit.  There is nothing different about the religion than any other since its database is full of false doctrine and pedophiles, as well as the next religion.  What makes it unique, is it holds the authentic anointed ones, who are the true “witnesses” of God.  Isa 43:10; 1 Pet 2:5,9,10; Gal 3:29,26; As long as the organization can keep them captive with the threat of disfellowshipping, they will not be sealed.  Rev 13:10; 20:7-10; 12:4, 15-17; John 16:2

Ezek 14:22; 6:8; 7:16; 12:16

But to get back on topic, every lie that the GB has uttered; every false and failed doctrine they have issued as under the direction from God, should lead every JW to question whether they should believe anything these men tell them - even where they may live.  

If you can ever pass off those seven dollar bills you have AllenSmith, get change in 3's and 4's.

32 minutes ago, AllenSmith said:

Once again, your jealousy is showing. I believe opposers also came up with an Illuminati ring?

Since we are delving into the realm of shameless humor .... Ever wonder why the GB needed an Eighth Member?

408145-2T.jpg

408145-2T2.jpg

So ... which one is real... and which one is fake?