The World News Media

The God Delusion – are Jehovah’s Witnesses the exception?

Anna

• Views 2.6k
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great minds...................................................

He wasn't talking about religion. He was talking about being a spokesperson for God. Here is the exact quote: Question:   And do you see yourselves as Jehovah God's spokespeople on earth?

35       Q.   And do you see yourselves as Jehovah God's          36       spokespeople on earth?          37       A.   That I think would seem to be quite presumptuous to          38 

In the context of this video, and I've watched it before, Dawkins claim can be strengthened by the watchtowers suicide doctrine by blood, extreme shunning, anti social, anti government, the only people who are going to survive the end of the world with Jehovah killing all men, women and children who are not jw's, and of course a child who is raped has to have a witness to the horrible crime. Yes Jehovahs Witnesses make God out to be a horrible monster that no one would want to worship so it would be easier to not believe in that spaghetti monster the jw's have taught society.

But at least he is more polite than Christopher Hitchens

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2018 at 2:10 PM, AlanF said:

So Anna, will you get back to this thread?

Remember that it was you who wanted to discuss this topic.

AlanF

Yes I will, definitely! I am very interested in this topic, it but I have honestly had no time recently as I am working on some deadlines. I need to be able to have at least a couple of hours uninterrupted which I have not had!

6 hours ago, Anna said:

Yes I will, definitely! I am very interested in this topic, it but I have honestly had no time recently as I am working on some deadlines. I need to be able to have at least a couple of hours uninterrupted which I have not had!

Fair enough. I'm looking forward to a substantive discussion when you get the time.

AlanF

...... may I suggest that as the issues are debated, that full and complete quotes IN CONTEXT be provided to strengthen one's points being asserted .. with citations for check-able references..

Bad scholarship is still scholarship ... but it is bad in that it is designed to deceive... or deceives by default.

Try to be clear enough so that the evidence or fantasys asserted are irrefutable, as if what you write will be used in a court of law to either exonerate you ... or convict you of a Capital Crime, and if you fail, you will be impaled butt first on a wooden stake while still alive.

The hours of our lives are too painfully few to suffer fools ... or in good conscience ... be a fool.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.