The World News Media

Like Games? ~ ???? ~ This Bible Games Will Help You Remember!

Like Games? ~ ???? ~ This Bible Games Will Help You Remember! 

“For our Family Worship evening, we devised a really fun memory game to help us remember the correct order of Bible names. 

Using two boxes of wooden blocks from a dollar store, we wrote all the Bible names on them. 

Then on the extra pieces we wrote special positive names or words (i.e. Jehovah, paradise, love, faith etc) as bonus pieces. 

All the pieces are  Was placed mixed upside down on the table. Each player begins by choosing five pieces each. 

Then take turns choosing a piece to try matching Bible books in a consecutive order, using the bonus pieces to fill the gaps. 

If a piece is chosen that doesn’t match up (i.e. Genesis and Psalms) the block is shown to the other players, then placed back face down in the same place it came from. thank you 

Pieces can also be traded with another player as long as it’s mutually beneficial. 

We had so much fun playing this game that we lost track of time!”

9CC2DCD3-71A0-450B-AEFE-99A1031A44D8.jpeg

• Views 1.2k
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like Games? ~ ???? ~ This Bible Games Will Help You Remember!  “For our Family Worship evening, we devised a really fun memory game to help us remember the correct order of Bible names.  Using two boxes of wooden blocks from a dollar store, we wrote all the Bible names on them.  Then on the extra pieces we wrote special positive names or words (i.e. Jehovah, paradise, love, faith etc) as bonus pieces.  All the pieces are  Was placed mixed upside down on the table. Each p

A  very  good  idea,  yes !   My  Pioneer  GF.  also  played  such  of  different  games  with  her  children   Thats  a  nice  exercise....  and  children  are  very  good  in  it !  Their  brain  is  very  clean  and  strong  for  memory  things   Selfmade  is  great,  bec. games  and  other  toy's  not  cheap !

Posted Images

A  very  good  idea,  yes !   My  Pioneer  GF.  also  played  such  of  different  games  with  her  children :)  Thats  a  nice  exercise....  and  children  are  very  good  in  it !  Their  brain  is  very  clean  and  strong  for  memory  things :D  Selfmade  is  great,  bec. games  and  other  toy's  not  cheap !

• Similar Content

• By JW Insider
      This was made from a Google Spreadsheet which will be shared between players so that a person with the link can edit it. (Will be sent by PM to whomever wants to play, and each updated screen can be displayed here after every valid play is made.) After any play, the player can tally up their points and will need to cross out the letters they used from the letter "pool."
      The first two items are just an example. Let's say the first player plays QUETZAL in such a way that they get 120 points. (Double letter score on the Q and double word, and a 50 point bonus for using all their tiles.) Let's say the next player plays XI in such a way that the X counts for 16 (double letter) for the word AX, and 16 again for the word XI, and also makes LI, for a total of 34 points. And every letter used gets a strikethrough, or gets greyed out in the pool it was chosen from. After that play the game board would look like this:

Player 1   Player 2                                   QUETZAL 120 XI 36                                                                                                                                                                                                               Q U E T Z A L                                     X I                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               A A A A A A A A A                       B B C C D D D D                         E E E E E E E E E E E E                 F F G G G H H                           I I I I I I I I I J K                   L L L L M M N N N N N N                 P P Q R R R R R R                       S S S S T T T T T T                     U U U U V V W W X Y Y Z                 [ ] [ ]                                                                            
      Obviously, the first player has a great advantage in taking out the best letters. A final score will probably reflect this, and perhaps should be accounted for with a "handicap." Perhaps the handicap could be that the first play is split evenly among the two players, or a percentage of that first score is given to the player who goes second.
      It's also possible in most browsers to actually just edit the game right here for each new play and then copy the final board now and then to the next post. You might need to check the scoring against an actual board, or look up the letter values on Google.

• By The Librarian
      Awake 73 March 22 p.12 "the spirit of competition between players can lead to unpleasant circumstances...in some homes tensions linger long past checkmate...Chess has been a game of war since it originated...the games connection to war is obvious....a play substitute for the art of war...there is a danger of stirring uo competition with one another even developing hostility with one another something the bible warns against....What effect does playing Chess have on one? Is it a wholesome effect? ....there are questions regarding it that each one who plays chess should consider."

• By Bible Speaks
      Who are they? Test your Knowledge? - Please interact? - Don't hide! - It will encourage you all. ?????

• Guest Nicole

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.