The World News Media

Coincidence or Correlation?

Witness

You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons. You cannot share in the Lord’s table and the table of demons.  Or are we provoking the Lord to jealousy? Are we stronger than He?  1 Cor 10:21

For nothing is concealed that won’t be revealed, and nothing hidden that won’t be made known and come to light.  Luke 8:17

Now this is the message we have heard from Him and declare to you: God is light, and there is absolutely no darkness in Him.  1 John 1:5

• Views 5.4k
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a lot of twaddle this has been. The bible students were totally wrong about a lot of things, we all know that. Is any of this important ? Surely what is important is the state of the Organisation

You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons. You cannot share in the Lord’s table and the table of demons.  Or are we provoking the Lord to jealousy? Are we stronger than He?  1 Cor

What do you mean by fruits?  Jesus tells us it is teachings.  It has nothing to do with visible growth of any kind.  What type of fruit is hanging on the Watchtower’s trees (anointed are compared to t

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Witness said:

Coincidence, or serendipitous?

COINCIDENCE!

Coincidence ...... serendipitous  implies a set of events that may be coincidental, but more related to "blind luck" AND that the outcome is is pleasant, welcome, or has some element of happiness.

Like in Arthur C. Clark's essays in "The View From Serendip", referring to his life experiences and friends and thought processes ... all having a happy and pleasant and beneficial and fortuitous outcome. 

He referred to his adopted country of Sri Lanka as "Serendip", and immigrated there, and was very happy there.

The Video you posted is in itself malignant evil ... and takes coincidences and imputes evil motives because some things look like other things, and the author of the video was ALREADY conversant and deeply familiar with the evils he TRIES to use as rational comparisons.

What we have here with this malignant, slanderous video is a PERFECT example of ....

Just because all prostitutes wear shoes ....... does NOT mean that everyone that wears shoes are prostitutes.

So.... is the Comedian Steve Martin EVIL because he uses Egyptian symbology in his comedy?

There IS a hidden reference of him offering the Ronco 76 Super Bass-O-Matic Blender to the saxophone playing  sarcophagus encased King Tut, I will admit that, but you would have to check that out yourself on Youtube.  The Dan Akyroid version is the best explanation.

Grok?

On 2/2/2018 at 8:34 AM, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Coincidence .....

Personally, it was serendipitous to find a video – a “discovery”  - beneficial to further expose Wt’s darkness.

It is apparently acceptable that Russel established 1914 on the measurements of the Pyramid of Giza.   And it is excused that he called it “God’s Stone Witness”.   There are two sides of the coin presented; are you saying one is blessed by God, the other evil? 

If God was setting up an organization to restore true worship, it would not begin with falsehood and several changed dates each taught as facts with divine blessing.   From the outset, the Wt. had its foundation on lies, and lies shift to make room for more lies. Through Russel’s foolishness, the Bible Students were deceitfully misled, no different than today’s Wt. leaders do – continually misleading with mankind’s ideas.  Matt 7:24-27 

Both sides of the coin presented in the video are evil, a reflection of the other. 

I suppose this also has very good excuse and is coincidental

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHgH8KP7uGI

The organization is Satan’s testing ground for the remaining anointed, and all others who fall into his trap.  Spiritual “Israel”/”Jews” are the anointed ones.  Those not anointed are spiritual “Gentiles”.   “Gentiles” stand watch over God’s anointed priesthood in the organization, not for their good but to scrutinize their actions.  Rom 8:29,20; Matt 15:24; 10:6; Rom 9:6-8

“In addition, anointed Christians do not view themselves as being part of an elite club. They do not seek out others who claim to have the same calling, hoping to bond with them or endeavoring to form private groups for Bible study. Wt 16/1

According to Romans chapter 12, 1 Cor chapter 12; Eph 2:21,22; 4:1-8; 5:29, they are to seek out and show loving care for, their fellow anointed ones.  JWs turn away from these scriptures, preferring men’s authority over God’s, just as they prefer men’s choice of “shepherds” over God’s choice.

Who is behind it? I’ve asked before, would God condone the replacement of his own priesthood?  His Temple?  Matt 24:15; 2 Thess 2:3,4;1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16,17; Eph 2:20-22; Rev 11:1-3

Revelation is the book of signs and symbolism (Rev 1:1). John received the letters to the congregations when he was in the Spirit, on the Lord’s Day”, showing there was future meaning concerning the “seven stars and seven churches”. 

"The mystery of the seven stars you saw in my right hand and of the seven golden lampstands is this: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands are the seven churches.”  Rev 1:20

The lampstands are the congregations of “holy ones”  1 Cor 14:33 

Stars signify messenger/angels with their foundation in the apostles and prophets. Eph 3:4,5; 2:20; Amos 3:7; Rev 10:7

In the Lord’s day, “two witnesses” prophesy truth to their congregations of brothers in Christ. They are the two olive trees of the lampstands.  They serve Christ and are as messenger/angels to their brothers in Christ. Rev 11:1-3; Zech 4:11-14

They shed “light” to the lampstand/congregations – the light of truth.   All anointed ones are to shed “light”, but Revelation 8:10 speaks of a fallen ‘one’ who seduces his fellow servants to believe in HIS lies, rejecting the teachings of the foundation stones of the Temple – the apostles/messengers/angels. 2 Thess 2:1-12; Rev 13:

These “two witnesses” reveal the spiritual immorality committed by genuine anointed ones who move to dominate their brothers in Christ, without mercy. Matt 24:49,12;7:23  All those anointed who go with the flow of the program also remain in a fallen state:

"Remember then how far you have fallen; repent, and do the works you did at first. Otherwise, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place, unless you repent.” Rev 2:5

When a literal star falls, it loses it light – when an anointed one falls, no longer is it held in the hand of Christ as an illuminator in his truth which he shares with those who remain with him.  Rev 22:16   A “Beast from the earth” arises having “two” horns like a lamb – signifying anointed in Christ – but speaks like a dragon; deceit and lies on the tongue.  Rev 13:11 This beast fabricates/breathes life into/ another Beast with help from Satan.  It is a Beast that requires devotion, and organization that is loved.  How many believe it is invincible?   “Who is like the Beast ?  How many believe no one, no entity, can wage war with “Jehovah’s organization?”  Rev 9:1; Rev 13:11,12,14,15,1,2,4,5

Revelation reveals in many illustrative ways, the last two Beasts to come against God’s chosen people.  Satan uses a fallen star/(s) to spearhead his last deceitful ploy against the anointed ones.  Russel did not illuminate truth, but lies.  Rutherford…on down to today’s GB illuminate their own human thinking which is obvious in changed/failed/false doctrine and failed dates.  The organization won’t be restored, although many hope it will;  but only those individual “stars”, living stones of the Temple of God, who listen to Christ’s warnings and respond, will be ‘restored’. Isa 43:1; Zech 4:6-10  Only those who are presently with them and who listen and respond to Christ’s warnings will be saved.

“Write to the angel of the church in Smyrna:  “The First and the Last, the One who was dead and came to life, says:  I know youraffliction and poverty, yet you are rich. I know the slander of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan

How does the elder body “Gentiles”/pseudo “Jews”/priests slander God’s anointed people?  By telling them not to meet together, questioning their anointing, disfellowshipping them for serving Christ, and condoning the replacement of God’s anointed priesthood with “Gentile” elders.”

10 Don’t be afraid of what you are about to suffer. Look, the Devil is about to throw some of you into prison to test you, and you will have affliction for 10 days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crownof life. Rev 2:8-11

(Matt 24:21; Rev 7:14) 

“And the Lord said, “Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat.”  Luke 22:31

“Be careful that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deceit based on human tradition, based on the elemental forces of the world, and not based on Christ.”  Col 2:8

Every false teaching, every failed doctrine, every failed date in the timeline of the organization is empty deceit, that cannot originate with Christ, although the Wt. boasts Christ is the “Head of the congregation”.  The “faithful and true” Christ, does not have a share in “empty deceit”; not in the Pharisees time, and not in the organization.  Rev 19:11

“Therefore, everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them will be like a sensible man who built his house on the rock.  The rain fell, the rivers rose, and the winds blew and pounded that house. Yet it didn’t collapse, because its foundation was on the rock But everyone who hears these words of Mine and doesn’t act on them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand.  The rain fell, the rivers rose, the winds blew and pounded that house, and it collapsed. And its collapse was great!”  Matt 7:24-27

Each of Wt’s leaders has rejected Christ – the rock.  Through their own self-will they boast in their  human thinking; and far from the words of Christ.  Rom 9:33; 1 Pet 2:8 

For those who successfully reject this empty philosophy IN FRONT OF A JUDICIAL COMMITTEE, and uphold only truth in Christ – HIS WORD-, proclaiming to all their anointed brothers and brethren the deceptive lies that Satan holds them to, Jesus says:

“I know your works. Because you have limited strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name, look, I have placed before you an open door that no one is able to close. Take note! I will make those from the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews and are not, but are lying

The elder body has adapted scriptures pertaining to the anointed Body of Christ…to themselves, authorized by their rulers, the GB.  Matt 24:48-51; Rev 2:20

“Gifts in men” also help us to “attain to the oneness in the faith.” (Ephesians 4:8, 13) This means that elders help the congregation to stay united. They help us to improve our Christian personality when they work along with us in our service to Jehovah and when they come to us and give us counsel from the Bible.  Wt 12/7/15

JWs, if you truly want to know who the appointed “gifts in men” are, read Eph. 4:11,12 which they cunningly left out.

…—note this—I will make them come and bow down at your feet, and they will know that I have loved you. 10 Because you have kept My command to endure, I will also keep you from the hour of testing that is going to come over the whole world to test those who live on the earth. 11 I am coming quickly. Hold on to what you have, so that no one takes your crown. 12 The victor: I will make him a pillar in the sanctuary of My God, and he will never go out again. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God—the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God—and My new name.  “Anyone who has an ear should listen to what the Spirit says to the churches.  Rev 3:8-13

Each anointed one must be found pure and blameless to be accepted into the Kingdom.  2 Cor 11:2; Rev 14:4,5; Eph 5:25-27; James 1:27; 1 John 2:15   If they continue to drink from a cesspool of lies emitted from the mouth of their harlot leaders, they simply will not get there. Rev 17:1,2

To you, dear JTR, whose eyes are almost completely open; I pray you allow Holy Spirit to open them completely.  Rev 3:18  It is time for all JWs to get out of the synagogue of Satan. Rev 18:4-8

One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.

I don't expect much from humans, and somewhat agree with General James "Mad Dog" Mattis about how to treat people ... particularly theologians.

4 minutes ago, Witness said:

Each anointed one must be found pure and blameless to be accepted into the Kingdom.  2 Cor 11:2; Rev 14:4,5; Eph 5:25-27; James 1:27; 1 John 2:15   If they continue to drink from a cesspool of lies emitted from the mouth of their harlot leaders, they simply will not get there. Rev 17:1,2

To you, dear JTR, whose eyes are almost completely open; I pray you allow Holy Spirit to open them completely.  Rev 3:18  It is time for all JWs to get out of the synagogue of Satan. Rev 18:4-8

It is IMPOSSIBLE for any human to be found pure and blameless. ... not YOU ... not ME ... not the Governing Body.

We have a 77% dropout rate in the TRUTH, because Jehovah's Witnesses are at "the point of the spear" ... and the Leaders are subject to the same foibles, corruption, duplicity, and maliciousness that EVERYONE is subject to ... including delusions of directed grandeur.

But ... to the best of my knowledge, and I would "switch" in an instant if there were something better ... Jehovah's Witnesses, as I have said many times ... and many ways ... are the ONLY "game in town".

Please ... show me an Alternative Congregation of God that has BETTER FRUITS ... where the "rubber meets the road".

Until then, I will "follow Jehovah's Chariot" almost to the best of my ability, and follow the Circus Clown Car .... at a safe distance, in my own car, and check the road, weather, and gas.

1 minute ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.

I don't expect much from humans, and somewhat agree with General James "Mad Dog" Mattis about how to treat people ... particularly theologians.

It is IMPOSSIBLE for any human to be found pure and blameless. ... not YOU ... not ME ... not the Governing Body.

We have a 77% dropout rate in the TRUTH, because Jehovah's Witnesses are at "the point of the spear" ... and the Leaders are subject to the same foibles, corruption, duplicity, and maliciousness that EVERYONE is subject to ... including delusions of directed grandeur.

But ... to the best of my knowledge, and I would "switch" in an instant if there were something better ... Jehovah's Witnesses, as I have said many times ... and many ways ... are the ONLY "game in town".

Please ... show me an Alternative Congregation of God that has BETTER FRUITS ... where the "rubber meets the road".

Until then, I will "follow Jehovah's Chariot" almost to the best of my ability, and follow the Circus Clown Car .... at a safe distance, in my own car, and check the road, weather, and gas.

John 4:7-26

13 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

What do you mean by fruits?  Jesus tells us it is teachings.  It has nothing to do with visible growth of any kind.  What type of fruit is hanging on the Watchtower’s trees (anointed are compared to trees in scriptures, Ps 1:3; 92:12; Jer 17:8; 61:3;Rev 22:2; Zech 4:3,14) in comparison to the Catholics or other religions?  Are the Watchtower’s fruits truly any better, and is this how we choose who is the ‘better game in town’ by weighing both the good and bad fruits then choosing who has the least ‘bad’ fruit?

“ A good tree can’t produce bad fruit; neither can a bad tree produce good fruit. 19 Every tree that doesn’t produce good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.  So you’ll recognize them by their fruit.”  Matt 7:18-20

We recognize all “trees” by the quality and consistency of their fruits.  There is not one Watchtower leader who is a good tree since they either profess false doctrine or support false doctrine.  Their words weigh in heavier than Christ’s words, because they expect every JW to obey their words, whether good or bad. Prov 20:10  They expect every JW to obey them.  Matt 24:48-51

Amid the signs of the end times, Jesus said,  “He answered, “Watch out! Don’t be fooled! For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am he!’ and, ‘The time has come!’ Don’t go after them.” (CJB)  Luke 21:8

These are “christs”, anointed ones deceiving with simply, dates which are false doctrines; starting with Russel.  Rev 13:11

The connection to Luke 21:8 is,

“Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you,  not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, (from anointed ones) as though the day of Christhad come.”  

Surely, this happened many times over the years to deceive God’s people. To show we are close to the Lord’s arrival, Paul continues,  Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.” 2 Thess 2:3,4

Okay.  We’re there, close to the return of Christ.  I can say this with confidence, because the Temple of God is comprised of the living stones - the anointed ones.  How would a man of sin/lawless “sit” in or on the “living stones”, since they are people and not a physical building?  It has happened because the delusion of Satan (2 Thess 2:9-12; Rev 13:6) requires “Gentile” elders to rule over the “living stones”.  Priests are replaced with false priests.  The “Temple” has been defiled, which causes Rev 11:1-3 to commence.(Zech 4:10; Amos 7:7,8)  The true priests are individually being measured according to God’s righteous standards - how their own desirous passions within the heart will react with those standards.  Will they love truth in Christ, or Satan’s lie/delusion?  Should they continue eating fruit from a “tree” that is bad?   

The wolves deceive many, they sprinkle truth with lies, those professing to have a godly devotion but “deny” its power reject the pureness of Christ’s word, a delusion overcomes a large number of people who choose to love the LIE instead of the TRUTH, they are  a people who would shun their own by throwing them out of the congregations for speaking truth in Christ.  (John 16:2; Rev 13:15)  TRUTH comes from a “good tree” that CAN’T produce a lie/bad fruit.

The Watchtower is the delusion…of Satan’s.  In John 4, Jesus was telling the woman at the well, that there would come a time (which was even then) that we wouldn’t worship through our fleshly, earthly desires of what we physically see, but in spirit and truth. 

Spirit and truth:  Both are found in Christ.  And for those branches still attached to the vine; for those trees who produce only good fruit, you will find it in them, when you recognize their consistent good fruits that last. (Perhaps some here may call it, OCD)  They have come out of the delusion, refined of Wt’s sins, and suffered for their testimony to spirit and truth – to Christ and experienced all the results of doing so, that Jesus spoke of for those who defend him and pure truth.  Rev 12:11   The “restoration” of true worship is the restoration of his Temple priests, the “living stones” restored to Christ the Head of the Temple.  Zech 4:6,7

You will not find it in an established religion that is seen with the eyes – “neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem.”  You will find it through the desire to have a personal relationship with God and Christ.  Jesus said, narrow is the road leading to life. It is a path where the focus is on Christ and his teachings; not a broadway leading to “fiery” destruction. (God’s Word is like “fire”, Jer 23:29)  He isn’t the destroyer and neither is Christ.  Satan leads one to destruction, as nothing in this world can give life.)  Wt. pictures of Armageddon show a mass of people walking a wide open road leading to a “paradise” while mankind behind them is being visibly massacred.  They make the claim, stick with the organization and salvation will be granted.  Each claim of theirs is a counterclaim made by Christ.  The true Zion is not seen with the physical eye, but through its “living stones” that speak fruit that will last. A good “tree” would not center on themselves, but on the original Tree of Life – Jesus Christ.   Truth is out there, JTR, and God will see to it that we find it if we are motivated to find it.  When I was in the organization and read Luke 11:9,10, I believed it wasn’t necessary to seek or ask, since the organization seemed to fulfill the scriptures; although I never was searching diligently when the organization found me, (2 Tim 3:6,7; Ezek 13:18; Gal 4:26; Rev 12:15) which didn’t begin until the hypocrisy showed its ugly head, the lies became transparent and disappointment in teachings took me right back to that scripture.  I was not disappointed by doing what it said. 

A very apropos quote, just in:

Surround yourself with good people. ("good trees") People who are going to be honest with you and look out for your best interests.

Anyone or organization who/that is a consistent liar, is only interested in themselves.  False prophesy, false teachings are what they are - lies.

Witness:

In 13 Paragraphs of almost 5,000 characters, and 1,071 words you ramble and rant about many of the things about which we would be in agreement.... some are arguable ... and some I disagree with.  To a great extent you are trying to point out to me things of which I am already, sadly, too well aware.   You are about most of what you have said ... "preaching to the choir".

Even though you have NOT answered my basic question, which I have previously asked you directly, and without ambiguity THREE TIMES now ... I will answer yours.

1 hour ago, Witness said:

What do you mean by fruits?

I am by nature a Barbarian who would wear my enemies skins as a Poncho in the rain, and their ears as a necklace around my neck.  If not for the TRUTH, I would have killed many innocent people by accident in killing people that really needed killing. We have a WHOLE NATION that is being taught things the OTHER nations can only dream about, and give lip service to.

I could go on, and on, and on ... but where you test any theology, is where the "rubber meets the road".  All else is FANTASY and wishful thinking.  Diamonds ALWAYS come surrounded by mountains of "crap" ... and  WE, not the WTB&TS are responsible for shining up we "diamonds in the rough".

The things I have learned I could not have gotten  anywhere else.  

Yes, the 15% core truths have been contaminated by 85% drivel, self serving aggrandizement, and selfish interests, bullying, and clueless leadership with the very BEST of intentions, by factions that are LEGENDS ... in their own minds ... BUT ... but, this is the nature of things.  It is like the old story of the frog (?) who carries a scorpion across the river.

OK ... now .... FOR THE FOURTH TIME ... LET'S GET DOWN TO REALLY ... WHERE THE "RUBBER MEETS THE ROAD".

15 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

If you cannot answer that question with a viable alternative that REALLY works in the REAL world ... you are truly lost, and a waste of my time to even correspond with you ... but even more importantly ... you are a waste of YOUR precious time, the hours and days, as you will eventually learn,  being painfully few.

Be a sport .... do it.