The World News Media

A sleep expert explains what happens to your brain when you dream.

• Views 507
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I dream every time I go asleep ..... massive epic dreams .... I am going to have to use my recorder and transcribe them for instant novels. Sometimes my dreams are nested three levels deep, and I

Yeah.  I am glad when I wake up, so I can get some rest..

I'm a special, cool dreamer??  Every night or day or by a nap, always dreaming   Mostly very interesting dreams   In a plane flying to holiday, or I move my home. To ca. 80% I've no problems

I'm a special, cool dreamer??  Every night or day or by a nap, always dreaming :D  Mostly very interesting dreams :)  In a plane flying to holiday, or I move my home. To ca. 80% I've no problems with sleeping and dreaming. Its very importend for us to dream. Many people saying they never dream, but thats not true !  They forget it,  maybe too short dreams?  Long dreams can be very nice? also emotionally dreams can be very real, amazing, yes! 

We need ca.90 min. sleep, otherwise difficult with dreaming... 

I can smell and taste while my dream, very rare I wake up with tears, or I realize by dreaming, its ONLY a dream and not real, thats very rare by peoples!  And I dream always in color, never black/white. Some people are in another age in my dream :)  My son is often a child, but in real he is adult :D  Maybe I enjoyed the kiddy-time!  Sometimes I'm glad to wake up, when the dream was terrible or sad... 

Yes,  I'm an intensive dreamer,  and my brain likes it...  haha??

I'm sure, Jehovah gave us the gift to dream - good for body and soul ! THANKS??

I dream every time I go asleep ..... massive epic dreams .... I am going to have to use my recorder and transcribe them for instant novels.

Sometimes my dreams are nested three levels deep, and I wake up to the level above, but I am still asleep, etc. 

Many times I realize I am dreaming in the dream and can take control ... usually about flying at high altitudes.

Those are the BEST!

WOW  JTR...  very rare, I hear such of dream experiences from a man. :)  Very interesting your control experiences, thats new for me. But I saw a link and read about  "cleardream"... I know these dreams, but I can't remember about using control over my dream - very interesting !  Mostly, the dreamstories coming from alone :D  NO force or sway over it.  Often  I'm  on  my  Maldives island, but  it  looks  different  in  the  dream...  also  'rest - room'  dreams,  haha  -  but  all  ok  by  wake  up !  My  brain  mostly  free  after  all  dreams.

I will send a link for you in some min.

PS.  Plenty  informations  about  that theme.....

Dreaming and waking: similarities and differences revisited.

Abstract

Dreaming is often characterized as lacking high-order cognitive (HOC) skills. In two studies, we test the alternative hypothesis that the dreaming mind is highly similar to the waking mind. Multiple experience samples were obtained from late-night REM sleep and waking, following a systematic protocol described in Kahan (2001). Results indicated that reported dreaming and waking experiences are surprisingly similar in their cognitive and sensory qualities. Concurrently, ratings of dreaming and waking experiences were markedly different on questions of general reality orientation and logical organization (e.g., the bizarreness or typicality of the events, actions, and locations). Consistent with other recent studies (e.g., Bulkeley & Kahan, 2008; Kozmová & Wolman, 2006), experiences sampled from dreaming and waking were more similar with respect to their process features than with respect to their structural features.

Dreaming: The real dreams are actually not controlled by our mind i-e they are involuntary.

While

Thinking: It is absolutely controlled by our mind and we construct emotions and  images  by our own imagination.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/dream-catcher/201109/the-dreams-men-and-women

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/dreaming-in-the-digital-age/201705/short-vs-long-dreams-are-there-any-differences-in-content-0

A lucid dream, even a lucid dream (from Latin lux, l?cis "light"), is a dream in which the dreamer is aware that he is dreaming. Paul Tholey, the most important German Klartraumforscher formulated this as follows: "Dreams are dreams in which one has complete clarity that one dreams and can act according to their own decision." [1] In this definition, Tholey relied on the philosopher Celia Green and the psychologist Charles Tart. Tholey and the American psychologist Stephen LaBerge are the two key pioneers in the field of modern lucid dream research. Everyone has the ability to experience lucid dreams, and one can learn to bring about this form of dreaming. A person who can specifically experience lucid dreams is also called Oneironaut (from gr. Oneiro's "dream" and naut?s "navigator").

Haha....  maybe  you're  an  "Oneironaut"  :D   In  any  case,  we've  alot  fantasy,  always  dreaming !  On  and  off  I've  night-mares,  but  I  don't  speak  by  sleeping !!  Perhaps  you  still  find  an  interesting  link  for  me  @James Thomas Rook Jr. ??   THANK  YOU !