The World News Media

Why does the governing body lie?

Matthew9969

This is from the Questions from readers on jw.org:

"What of a man who is disfellowshipped but whose wife and children are still Jehovah’s Witnesses? The religious ties he had with his family change, but blood ties remain. The marriage relationship and normal family affections and dealings continue."

Which is a obvious contradiction to this video:

If they lie about this, they can lie about other things.

• Views 1.2k
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is from the Questions from readers on jw.org: "What of a man who is disfellowshipped but whose wife and children are still Jehovah’s Witnesses? The religious ties he had with his family chan

Or since they claim to be the mouthpiece of Jehovah, they are making Jehovah out to be a liar?  

For anyone stumbling across this sad little cameo, the embroidery of text, both in the youtube and forum posting creates puzzlement. The video is about the family relationship problems that some elder

For anyone stumbling across this sad little cameo, the embroidery of text, both in the youtube and forum posting creates puzzlement. The video is about the family relationship problems that some elderly folk brought on themselves by dissassociating themselves from the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Their issue seems to be around their regret over the estrangement this created in their relationship with their granddaughter.

It is difficult to see a relevant connection with the post title "Why does the governing body lie?" or the reference to issues involving a disfellowshipped husband and his Witness family.

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 1:47 AM, Gone Away said:

For anyone stumbling across this sad little cameo, the embroidery of text, both in the youtube and forum posting creates puzzlement. The video is about the family relationship problems that some elderly folk brought on themselves by dissassociating themselves from the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Their issue seems to be around their regret over the estrangement this created in their relationship with their granddaughter.

It is difficult to see a relevant connection with the post title "Why does the governing body lie?" or the reference to issues involving a disfellowshipped husband and his Witness family.

Only a jehovahs witness would presume it's the grandmother who is refusing to have anything to do with her grandchild.

The governing body states that they are not to shun family members. We don't know the detail in this relationship, but keep in mind Jesus even forgave those who put Him to death.

My daughter decided she doesn't want anything to do with Christ, does that mean I am going to shun her, never help her, no because my love for her isn't conditional, Jesus love is not conditional. Of course I won't bend to her worldly views and will continue to talk to her about truth. But won't be unloving jerk like this father is.

7 hours ago, Matthew9969 said:

Jesus even forgave those who put Him to death.

Was that these ones? John 11:53?

8 hours ago, Matthew9969 said:

Only a jehovahs witness would presume it's the grandmother who is refusing to have anything to do with her grandchild.

This appears to be a presumption on the part  of the poster.

Perhaps because excommunication (expelling) is indeed a real and biblical thing and since it is in scripture, it is to be followed because if we accept what is written in the bible, we accept the practice of excommunication.

On 4/1/2018 at 10:24 AM, Matthew9969 said:

The governing body states that they are not to shun family members. We don't know the detail in this relationship, but keep in mind Jesus even forgave those who put Him to death.

Jesus also stated the scriptures cannot be broken nor does any get off Scott free for breaking God's law, let alone change it to fit doctrine, something of which Paul adheres to a great deal, hence the links posted above. In addition to that, Jesus didn't come to abolish the law either.

On 4/1/2018 at 10:24 AM, Matthew9969 said:

My daughter decided she doesn't want anything to do with Christ, does that mean I am going to shun her, never help her, no because my love for her isn't conditional, Jesus love is not conditional. Of course I won't bend to her worldly views and will continue to talk to her about truth. But won't be unloving jerk like this father is.

It usually depends on the person. You'd be surprised about those who are excommunicated who work on acceptance, thus allowing some form of communication to take place and visits from a pastor and or church leader. I posted here before excommunication of JWs, to which a girl had been excommunicated 2-3 times, but out of repentance and strive to do what is right, she rejoined her faith and even go her husband and children to be part of the faith, it varies because culture-wise, JWs differ from each other despite being united in a single faith. However it is not as troubling as the Herem, not only you are cut off from family and the community, despite attempting to repent, you are literally exiled from the community also, totally off the premises, and if you are a child, that is another story. But as for JWs, the information and or video you posted, there has been those who have been excommunicated who came out to defend JWs either way and those who do not speak negatively of God and or Jesus are not totally shun, but have access to those who can help them to repentant, including their families, and sources do back this up.

This video was posted by a Muslim, yes, a Muslim, who apparently defended JWs in the Dawah community for he had linked this to Trinitarians who were lying about Jehovah's Witnesses, Jews, Muslims and the deal with Muslims in the UK, clearly the Muslim commentor won that discussion:

Other links/sources:

On 4/1/2018 at 10:12 AM, Matthew9969 said:

Not really, but clearly someone has not been around the block a few times. You should try meeting with JWs and or talk to those who are bounded by their culture and cultural practices sometime.

On 3/29/2018 at 8:55 AM, Matthew9969 said:

"What of a man who is disfellowshipped but whose wife and children are still JehovahÂ’s Witnesses? The religious ties he had with his family change, but blood ties remain. The marriage relationship and normal family affections and dealings continue."

Which is a obvious contradiction to this video:

If you did the research, the answer is there. But if you truly feel this way, then you the group of Christians who want to change and alter everything Paul has taught in scripture, but Christians who are true do not buy into that nonsense to belittle those who lived in those bible days, especially override of what was taught in this regard.

Quote: Scripturally, excluding a person from the church is preceded by admonition and counsel; it is only employed in cases of bona fide heresy, obdurate divisiveness, or blatant, unrepentant sin; and it is a last resort. After excommunication, the relationship between the former member and the church naturally changes, and the “shunning command”—not to eat with such a person—may come into play. However, the church still has the responsibility to pray for the one being disciplined and to extend forgiveness when repentance is evident. Shunning, as defined as a refusal to speak to someone or a total severing of all ties, goes beyond what the Bible advocates.

So the question is, what is it they are lying about? For if everyone is aware of the teachings of Apostle Paul and how he went about dealing with and excommunicating people within the church, let alone what even John had said in 2 John 1: 9 and 10 or even God himself who is the one wanting to keep purity and holiness among the people of the church, then what is the problem?

It is no wonder mainstream Christianity is pushing the notion that Christians should not literally follow what Paul had taught, cherry picking his verses, that Christians should not adhere to what John had said, and totally brush over what God had said himself and what his people did to keep the temple clean and pure, as if we had not learn from the days of Aaron and Samuel, etc.

Other then that, excommunication is indeed a big thing, but looking at it from a biblical perspective, one would realize why it was done and that is was necessary, in the end the one who is striving to repent can be counseled to for the one who seeks repented is not one to bring apostasy in God's name compared to those who actually do.

Misc.

For us Unitarians, excommunication is a practice also, other Unitarian denominations tend to having to deal with sinners who are in the wrong and have used expelling/excommunication to deal with such persons.

And yes, the shun command is indeed a real thing and it is biblical, but counseling to the sinner is allowed, for anyone who practices excommunication is allowed to counsel said person, especially if the person is a pastor and or church leader of the church of which so and so has been removed from. Not removing said person, regardless of who they are, only further justifies what God's holiness and purity is not being respected by Christians - something mainstream Christians are too stubborn to understand.

In the end, no one in their right mind would override God's law, change and or replace it with something they think is right vs. the scripture.

3 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

Perhaps because excommunication (expelling) is indeed a real and biblical thing and since it is in scripture, it is to be followed because if we accept what is written in the bible, we accept the practice of excommunication.

Jesus also stated the scriptures cannot be broken nor does any get off Scott free for breaking God's law, let alone change it to fit doctrine, something of which Paul adheres to a great deal, hence the links posted above. In addition to that, Jesus didn't come to abolish the law either.

It usually depends on the person. You'd be surprised about those who are excommunicated who work on acceptance, thus allowing some form of communication to take place and visits from a pastor and or church leader. I posted here before excommunication of JWs, to which a girl had been excommunicated 2-3 times, but out of repentance and strive to do what is right, she rejoined her faith and even go her husband and children to be part of the faith, it varies because culture-wise, JWs differ from each other despite being united in a single faith. However it is not as troubling as the Herem, not only you are cut off from family and the community, despite attempting to repent, you are literally exiled from the community also, totally off the premises, and if you are a child, that is another story. But as for JWs, the information and or video you posted, there has been those who have been excommunicated who came out to defend JWs either way and those who do not speak negatively of God and or Jesus are not totally shun, but have access to those who can help them to repentant, including their families, and sources do back this up.

This video was posted by a Muslim, yes, a Muslim, who apparently defended JWs in the Dawah community for he had linked this to Trinitarians who were lying about Jehovah's Witnesses, Jews, Muslims and the deal with Muslims in the UK, clearly the Muslim commentor won that discussion:

Other links/sources:

Not really, but clearly someone has not been around the block a few times. You should try meeting with JWs and or talk to those who are bounded by their culture and cultural practices sometime.

If you did the research, the answer is there. But if you truly feel this way, then you the group of Christians who want to change and alter everything Paul has taught in scripture, but Christians who are true do not buy into that nonsense to belittle those who lived in those bible days, especially override of what was taught in this regard.

Quote: Scripturally, excluding a person from the church is preceded by admonition and counsel; it is only employed in cases of bona fide heresy, obdurate divisiveness, or blatant, unrepentant sin; and it is a last resort. After excommunication, the relationship between the former member and the church naturally changes, and the “shunning command”—not to eat with such a person—may come into play. However, the church still has the responsibility to pray for the one being disciplined and to extend forgiveness when repentance is evident. Shunning, as defined as a refusal to speak to someone or a total severing of all ties, goes beyond what the Bible advocates.

So the question is, what is it they are lying about? For if everyone is aware of the teachings of Apostle Paul and how he went about dealing with and excommunicating people within the church, let alone what even John had said in 2 John 1: 9 and 10 or even God himself who is the one wanting to keep purity and holiness among the people of the church, then what is the problem?

It is no wonder mainstream Christianity is pushing the notion that Christians should not literally follow what Paul had taught, cherry picking his verses, that Christians should not adhere to what John had said, and totally brush over what God had said himself and what his people did to keep the temple clean and pure, as if we had not learn from the days of Aaron and Samuel, etc.

Other then that, excommunication is indeed a big thing, but looking at it from a biblical perspective, one would realize why it was done and that is was necessary, in the end the one who is striving to repent can be counseled to for the one who seeks repented is not one to bring apostasy in God's name compared to those who actually do.

Misc.

For us Unitarians, excommunication is a practice also, other Unitarian denominations tend to having to deal with sinners who are in the wrong and have used expelling/excommunication to deal with such persons.

And yes, the shun command is indeed a real thing and it is biblical, but counseling to the sinner is allowed, for anyone who practices excommunication is allowed to counsel said person, especially if the person is a pastor and or church leader of the church of which so and so has been removed from. Not removing said person, regardless of who they are, only further justifies what God's holiness and purity is not being respected by Christians - something mainstream Christians are too stubborn to understand.

In the end, no one in their right mind would override God's law, change and or replace it with something they think is right vs. the scripture.

Dude you are so obsessed with picking apart my arguments, you are mixing up what I am saying and quotes from the watchtower. It's clear to me you are pretending to be a Unitarian, most of which are atheist or deist. You are a jw who is pretending. I've seen your type quite a few times in the past 27 years. Please don't bother replying to my post any more. Not much quite as irritating as fake people.

12 hours ago, Matthew9969 said:

Dude you are so obsessed with picking apart my arguments, you are mixing up what I am saying and quotes from the watchtower. It's clear to me you are pretending to be a Unitarian, most of which are atheist or deist. You are a jw who is pretending. I've seen your type quite a few times in the past 27 years. Please don't bother replying to my post any more. Not much quite as irritating as fake people.

I am not picking an argument, I am responding to claims and what has been said and nothing more, also that quote is not from the Watchtower as you just now made claim to, for this preposterous claim of such makes you incorrect, the quote was pulled directly from a Christian website, it was a response to expelling (excommunication, shunning, herem, etc things of that nature) and the answer to this question is from the ones who manages the website, to which an answer had been provided in full detail, for further proof it can be found here if you are still in disbelief because last I checked, this link does not go to a Watchtower website: https://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-shunning.html

I am not pretending to be a Unitarian for I have been one since the age of 6, from my life in Belize into the US, so assuming and judging, there is a verse for that and no, there are several denominations of Unitarians, some of which tend to not agree with each other, examples like a Biblical Unitarian vs a Universalist Unitarian, so to speak, for those that believe in a pre-existing Jesus while others believe Jesus only came into existence by means of a Jewish woman named Mary and only came to exist due to that by means of the Holy Spirit, etc. for even among the Unitarian faith there are other denominations and I know exactly which one I have been brought up in, therefore, proves you do not have a clue of the Unitarian denominations or lack understanding and or information of, which is clearly evident by your response.

As for JWs it is the basis of Theology to learn and understand of where they are coming from and in regards to excommunication, surely a person such as yourself with 27 years of experience as you claim understand what excommunication is, and from my prospective, you tend to brush over such things even with prove from non-JW sources and your claim of my quote, which provides you are a mainstreamer, accepting words of a faith opponent, denial of what is from scripture and thing it can be avoided, buying in to conspiracy and or someone else opinion and facts that tend to be false and or misleading, etc. this includes a few of your other comments.

Other than that Unitarians are not too far apart from Restorationist Non-Trinitarians, despite us having different Unitarian denominations, but you seem to fit all of us into one pile being ignorant that there are several denomination of Unitarian, and a child can look this up from a mere wiki page from a 2 minute research, giving  enough time to see a brief summary of each one.

But if you want to play fire with fire on this notion, would it be wrong for me to accept all mainstream Christians are at fault for handing over Christians to ISIS to be killed and raped by means of those they support - US backed allies? Reviving black slavery in Libya for the actions of supported allies of which conservatives and mainstream Christians support? Or how about the Israel Decision, of which just recently the allies of which Christians defensed gunned down Palestinians who are not a threat? Not so fun being compared to those Christians who are in support of such things now is it? I know you do not support those things like the other mainstreamers do and the conservatives, but if you want to play fit everyone into one pile and blame them, it can be done with you also quite easily. Majority of mainstreamers are either mislead and or wrong, some who are knowingly dishonest and will fight and or debate with you on what they think is right, and if it is not seen already, with what I mention already mainstreamers are divided on what took place in the Middle East anyways, fighting among themselves.

I had already address my Unitarian position before and I will address it again if need be, and I have reasons, as do many true Christians, not to incite religious infighting and or conspiracy against a faith who is not teaching falsehood, and there is a biblical reason as to why this is - but I am sure you read the bible to know this, unless you ignore such also just as you are ignoring excommunication, which shows you are a mainstream Christian, for they are against excommunication just like the New Agers, so clubing out (or having wild parties) on a Saturday with immoral persons and being a saint on a Sunday sits well with such persons in that category and these same people have the audacity to confute excommunication of those who take the bible with strong seriousness.

I welcome you to try and convince everyone here I am a JW, better yet, prove it if I am pertaining, as your alleged friend have tried before and failed with unshakable facts, God is my witness to your claim and my many comments on this forums says is enough to cash a check you yourself cannot cash. Other then that, for everything I ever said on this forums is solidified by truth, facts and information from a conclusion by means of research, i.e. Church Fathers, manuscripts, Textual Criticism, and most importantly, the bible scriptures, for last I recall I made comment to you was in regards to a verse in Matthew, which your friend could not prove my information is false, as well as the off-topic forum necro-posting, which a majority here seems to ignore, but that's that.

27 years? Can you provide proof I am this type? Because it is very very rare for a Unitarian to know Biblical Hermeneutics, Textual Criticism (since most Unitarians denominations are unaware, against or not knowledge of such) the oldest and most reliable source of which the scriptures came from, and which kind of bible use which manuscripts, for most other Unitarian denominations will not even give an answer to, let alone the question about women in the bible, of which I made mentioned of time and time again in another thread. But I am open to see what proof you have of this, nor am I fake either because whatever I post is true, and nothing but truth.

That being said, I gave you some information to look at, next time, before you claim something is from the Watchtower, I suggest you look it up - you can start with that link of which that direct quote is pulled from, for making claims without backing it up only backfires on the one who makes a claim with no foundation.

Other then that the question still stands, how are they lying if what is done comes from the bible - mind you, even a JW opponent admit in comment, and I quote "Shunning and Excommunication is Biblical".

I really do not care as to what response I get, even from you, be it positive okay, negative, so be it, just know I response to claims, falsehood and cherry pickers, and nothing more, and will do what is needed to defend the scripture itself - for it is not a matter of denomination in this regard, it is a matter of not breaking the scriptures (John 10:35) and not changing it (Deuteronomy 4:2).

Other then that, I am well aware of several faiths, in Christianity, including the JWs, I know about Islam, and I know about Judaism, all of which having denominations among them. As a child of God and a follower of Christ in order to teach what is true you have to be mild and be on the level of that person in order to teach them about the bible (teach them all of it and not cherry picking scriptures).

On 4/2/2018 at 11:51 PM, Space Merchant said:

One does not have to sin to be disfellowshipped/”excommunicated” from the Watchtower.  One only needs to proclaim Christ as the only Way, Truth, and Life -  and not an organization -  and they can easily be disfellowshipped for rejecting false doctrine.  John 16:2,3; Matt 5:10,11; Luke 21:12,13; Rev 13:1,11,14-17

There is nothing they need to “repent” to the elder body for, except to God for believing an organization is one’s fortress when only God can be our Rock, for choosing lies over the one source of Truth, Jesus Christ; and for taking so long to cast aside idolatry.  Isa chapter 31

15 hours ago, Witness said:

One does not have to sin to be disfellowshipped/”excommunicated” from the Watchtower.  One only needs to proclaim Christ as the only Way, Truth, and Life -  and not an organization -  and they can easily be disfellowshipped for rejecting false doctrine.  John 16:2,3; Matt 5:10,11; Luke 21:12,13; Rev 13:1,11,14-17

And you are incorrect. It is known for since the church foundation was made that excommunication can be from sin, and or from a verbal and or physical action, example, going into a church to speak of another doctrine and or insult God and or Jesus, you will promptly be kicked out. This goes for spread of interfaith doctrine inside a church.

Again you use verses that do not support your claim, for Jesus was the very man who enabled the Apostles to excommunicate, hence why the one who is one in Christ, Paul being an example, has the ability to excommunicate.

It does not matter if you are a Jehovah's Witness, a Muslim, a Jew, Baptist, Unitarian, Catholic, etc - Excommunication and or expelling is an ability that is mentioned by Jesus regarding the church and it gives the pastor, deacon, bishop, elder, etc the action to do such.

Without it, then it is obvious that the church has stopped what Jesus placed within the church, the stones get dirty, and the teachings of the church will break.

So yes, it is easy to get excommunicated, you cannot fight a teaching Jesus put in motion, which originated from his Father - I suggest you read the links carefully next time before you make such outlandish claims when the bible says otherwise.

Quote: Jesus is solemnly entrusting the Church with the power to bind and loosen, and this is closely tied with the Church’s ability to excommunicate unrepentant sinners. And it’s more than just an ability. Jesus actually instructs it as the appropriate course of action to be taken in the case of certain unrepentant sinners. They are be ostracized, in the way that the Jews of the time treated Gentiles and tax collectors.

15 hours ago, Witness said:

There is nothing they need to “repent” to the elder body for, except to God for believing an organization is one’s fortress when only God can be our Rock, for choosing lies over the one source of Truth, Jesus Christ; and for taking so long to cast aside idolatry.  Isa chapter 31

Actually there is. One not only has to prove repentance to God, but the church itself and or the congregation, for there has been examples we see in the bible, for instance Manasseh, for not only he had to repent to God he had to undo what he did and earn the people's trust, for if the sin is grave, for the action of excommunication of which can be verbal and or physical, of either that get you kicked out to begin with.

Repentance must be serious and true and not false for some people take advantage of repentance, and the reason why it has to be shown to the church is because one can confess their sins and continue to do the same thing over and over again, thus keeping you out of the church.

So if a member of the church has sin and is excommunicated, he or she must prove repentance to God by heartfelt prayer. He or she must return to the church and explain themselves that they are ready to get back into the fold and by means of confession and showing they have repented, they are back in the church of where they were kicked out from to begin with.

Lastly, it amazes me you got God as the Rock correct this time, for the last we spoke on this you were mixing the meaning of what the Rock of Salvation actually is, which is God the Father.

Anyways, you can't accuse a Restorationist Organization for lies for it they were lying in regards to excommunication, you automatically just claim Jesus to be a lair for when he spoke of.

Do your research, here is a verse you can begin with:

Matthew 16:19 -  I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

By means of scriptural facts, those who were given specific keys, whether literal or figurative, and or symbolic, were entrusted with a degree of authority - 1 Chronicles 9:26, 27; Isaiah 22:20-22. The term, key, came to symbolize authority and responsibility. Peter used these keys bestowed unto him to open up for Jews, Acts 2:22-41, the Samaritans Acts 8:14-17, and the Gentiles Acts 10:34-38 (For all of these groups are One in Christ, One Church, and make up the Living Stones), the opportunity to receive the Holy Spirit from God with their view of entering the heavenly Kingdom.

Evidently, to bind, to loosen, to lock and or unlock is referring to decisions forbidding or allowing certain actions and or developments of said actions (see Matthew 18:18). Whatever decision Peter made - whatever you may bind; whatever you may loosen would be made after the corresponding decision was made in heaven; it would not precede it.

For such an ability, as said before, is used by the church,specifically the church leaders of binding and or loosening for Jesus has entrusted them to do so in order to maintain the church from sin as well as what we see today regarding verbal and or physical action taken within the church - rendering the subject account and placed within the category of expelling - excommunication.

As Christians we must not deny Jesus words and of whom he words originate from - remember that. For only the foolish, the New Agers, and the Mainstreamers will deny the teaching and or practice of excommunication and do no justice for the foundation that is Jesus' church, thus ruining the living stones by ignoring scriptural based facts on this issue.

Once again, read up on excommunication, then come back with better claims and verses that back up said claims.

Other then that, I am interested to see the so called lies you claim they are proclaiming regarding excommunication, let alone claiming a Restorationist group is lying on expelling members in a church if they have to.

1 hour ago, Space Merchant said:

And you are incorrect. It is known for since the church foundation was made that excommunication can be from sin, and or from a verbal and or physical action, example, going into a church to speak of another doctrine and or insult God and or Jesus, you will promptly be kicked out. This goes for spread of interfaith doctrine inside a church.

I am not speaking of any church.  I am speaking about the Watchtower organization that disfellowships one for rejecting man-made doctrine, rejecting it as salvation, and for one’s testimony to Christ.  Rev 12:11

You may know a lot about the organization but you don’t know enough to realize this is fact, because you haven’t been a JW.  As John Butler said, you don’t realize the fear factor those in power put upon the sheep.  You don’t realize that transgressing’s man’s doctrine marks them as spiritually “dead”. 

It is not a sin to reject lies.

Christ is our only judge.   

You are the one incorrect.  Jesus is not responsible for putting into motion, false doctrine.  Do you even know that the organization teaches all churches - ALL - aside from the organization are part of Babylon the Great?  That includes your beliefs and whatever church you go to.