The World News Media

A Samaritan woman comes to draw water. Jesus says to her: “Give me a drink.”​—John 4:7.

Bible Speaks

A Samaritan woman comes to draw water. Jesus says to her: “Give me a drink.”—John 4:7.

Jews and Samaritans generally have no dealings with one another because of deep-seated prejudices. So the woman is astonished and asks: “How is it that you, despite being a Jew, ask me for a drink even though I am a Samaritan woman?” Jesus answers: “If you had known of the free gift of God and who it is who says to you, ‘Give me a drink,’ you would have asked him, and he would have given you living water.” “Sir,” she replies, “you do not even have a bucket for drawing water, and the well is deep. From what source, then, do you have this living water? You are not greater than our forefather Jacob, who gave us the well and who together with his sons and his cattle drank out of it, are you?”—John 4:9-12.

“Everyone drinking from this water will get thirsty again,” Jesus declares. “Whoever drinks from the water that I will give him will never get thirsty at all, but the water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water bubbling up to impart everlasting life.” (John 4:13, 14) Then Jesus reveals an important truth: “I am he, the one speaking to you.” (John 4:26) .

Think of that! Here is a woman who comes at midday to draw water. Yet, Jesus favors her in a wonderful way. He tells her pointedly what he has apparently not yet confessed openly to others—that he is the Messiah.

DF121216-5DA3-4CF4-983A-B069E30EF8DE.jpeg

• Views 120
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Popular Posts

A Samaritan woman comes to draw water. Jesus says to her: “Give me a drink.”—John 4:7. Jews and Samaritans generally have no dealings with one another because of deep-seated prejudices. So the

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.