The World News Media

Just Who is a Cult?

TrueTomHarley

An 'anti-cult expert' I keep my eye on invites his followers to watch him on a TV iterview, where he makes the point that Trump was elected due to cult influences.

If you think half the country fell victim to cult influence, does it not mean that you have drunk too much of the Kool-Aid yourself? Time was when the word meant something. If you fell under the spell of a charismatic leader and withdrew from normal life, you just might be part of a cult. These days simply thinking outside of the box suffices, and the definition expands to include ‘people we don’t like.’

Can Witnesses be a cult (the latest slam)? How can it be? You cannot join them without a period of study and experimentation, seldom lasting under a year. All the while you are 95% in familiar routine and surroundings. College is more cult-like by this definition, where a student is separated almost 24/7 from family and prior stabilizing influences. It is only because Witnesses come to think outside the mainstream that they are called a cult by those who permit no deviation.

• 2 weeks later...

• Views 312
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An 'anti-cult expert' I keep my eye on invites his followers to watch him on a TV iterview, where he makes the point that Trump was elected due to cult influences.   If you think hal

Yes, it is called, “confusion”… God permits no deviation to truth.  Cults twist the truth. Here are examples of ‘messing with your mind’; which cults are good at:  Awake 9/22/04 p. 1

On 5/15/2018 at 5:00 PM, TrueTomHarley said:

It is only because Witnesses come to think outside the mainstream

Yes, it is called, “confusion”…

that they are called a cult by those who permit no deviation.

God permits no deviation to truth.  Cults twist the truth.

Here are examples of ‘messing with your mind’; which cults are good at: 

Awake 9/22/04 p. 14 par 8:  “The Bible urges you to think for yourself

Wt. 7/15/06 p22 par 14:  “Some fall into the trap of independent thinking

yp1 chap. 38 pp. 273-281:    Why not dig into your Bible and scrutinize your beliefs, perhaps using a book such as What Does the Bible Really Teach?

Wt 89 9/15 pp 20-25:   “But a spirit of independent thinking does not prevail in God’s organization, and we have sound reasons for confidence in the men taking the lead among us.” 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.