The World News Media

JW Convention 2018 Final Video - English Version

Jack Ryan

20 hours ago, Anna said:

All spiritual battles must manifest themselves in a physical way eventually.

I can agree whit this. For example; my spiritual battle/s which intensified in the period between 2013 and 2015  have experienced their literal, physical, material finals in a way that I literally came out of the organization. 

Few connections with some of JW who are glad to see me and have some conversation and with few of you on this Forum while we are exchanging comments are the remnants of that past connection.

• Views 20k
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes. That's the point. Things like this can literally happen, and have literally happened in the past right up to the point of the miraculous divine intervention. In the past such things have hap

This has been discussed before somewhere and you know what my feelings are on this and I've probably mentioned this already but this is a good post to mention it again; the argument seems to be that t

I am looking forward to viewing those snippets you sent me, @James Thomas Rook Jr. re Sarah and the Terminator, but I have to wait until my wife leaves the house, maybe to go shopping. "Honey, we have no wine!" perhaps I will holler, and she will rush off to find some. 

Seriously, those really are way cool movies, and I have seen only one complete one and snippets of others. For reasons I don't recall, I think Sarah came to ally herself with the Terminator, who she at one time had valid reason to fear.

Though it was overall a terrible movie, parts of The Last Action Hero were very appealing, because Schwartzenegger was not afraid to poke (abundant) fun at himself. 

2 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:
23 hours ago, Anna said:

For our present day Luke 21:27 is quite applicable: "And then they will see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. But as these things start to occur, stand up straight and lift up your heads, because your deliverance is getting near.” 

Please remind me WHO will see Jesus in the cloud? And HOW they will see Him in the cloud?

I quoted this scripture because that was clearly the application of it in the video. I quoted it because another poster asked what scripture the scene was based on. You saw Jesus coming in the clouds, and aiming his arrow at the enemies. Of course this was a "depiction" as in seeing with the eyes of faith, as the song says "give me eyes of faith and help me always see, there are more with us than against us". They, the faithful, "saw" Jesus and his vast army, more of them than those who were on the ground.  So although the people in the video were literally seeing Jesus, it won't be literal in reality, because although Jesus is mighty, he cannot be in several places at the same time. So it was their eyes of faith that saw their deliverance coming.  I hope it answers your question.

3 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Just my freedom on how i am experienced the scenes of the film. 

Yes, of course, but you seemed certain. In any case, I think your question was related to wondering why some didn't survive Armageddon and others did. Actually to be precise, the scenes are showing the great tribulation which precedes Armageddon. If anyone dies at Armageddon it's because they have been executed by Jesus. But there is possibility that some faithful Christians may die during the great tribulation at the hands of God's enemies.

The end of the basement video was inconclusive on purpose I guess. Some friends suggested that the soldiers didn't "see" the brothers. Others thought that an angel of Jehovah stepped in. In any case, the depiction of paradise showed other characters from preceding videos (which also appeared in the 2018 video), so I don't think seeing those who were in the basement necessarily meant they had died and were resurrected, it could have meant they survived....

On 8/26/2018 at 3:34 PM, Anna said:

It was based on Biblical experiences of God's people in the past such as Joshua, Hezekiah and others where God defeated enemies on their behalf.

For our present day Luke 21:27 is quite applicable: "And then they will see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. But as these things start to occur, stand up straight and lift up your heads, because your deliverance is getting near.” 

In Jesus’ day, his enemies manifested themselves as the Scribes and Pharisees; leaders of his own people.  They battled against Jesus’ words of truth and set out to kill him.   Spiritually, they had as their Father, Satan.

In our day, the battle is fought against a composite false prophet, and a Beast/organization, that the false prophet supports. (Revelation chapter 13) The false prophet “breathes” spirit into the image of the Beast.  They are also, Gog and Magog as both have the same plan in mind; to come against the “saints” and companions with deceit.  Rev 20:7-9

Where are the “saints” and their companions?  The saints are the anointed ones.  You should be able to perceive how the symbolic characters of Revelation manifest themselves.  And as what happened in Jesus' day, those who stand for truth are  "killed", but symbolically as Revelation 13:15-17 expresses.  John 16:2; Luke 12:11,12

Those that surround the “saints” in Revelation don’t carry rifles or wear masks.  How would that play out as a deceptive ploy?  Obviously, the people in the field in the video were well aware the enemy was coming, which is not how the Bible tells it.  Rev 16:13-16  As has always happened with God’s people, the majority don’t heed the warnings.    Satan uses deceit, just as he did with Eve.  Not many wake up to this fact. Rev 6:15-17; 8:10,11  Only remnants of God’s people survived destruction that came upon them in the past, it is the same during the end times.  Amos 7:1-9

A movie about the life of Joshua is much different than Wt’s video on Armageddon.  Children’s movies are made on the lives of individuals in the Bible.   Wt’s version of Revelation is based on a physical battle, which if it were to occur, would be a Satanic diversion of the true spiritual battle that we are warned of throughout the Greek scriptures.  Obviously, Wt. doesn’t interpret Revelation consistently as the example I earlier stated, gives proof of.     So, who is it that is deceiving you and the rest of JWs?

14 hours ago, Anna said:

Luke 21:27

25 “There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. 26 People will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. 27 At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

14 hours ago, Anna said:

So although the people in the video were literally seeing Jesus, it won't be literal in reality, because although Jesus is mighty, he cannot be in several places at the same time. So it was their eyes of faith that saw their deliverance coming.  I hope it answers your question.

From verses in Luke, those who will see Jesus in the clouds are named by noun "people". And people that are described in Luke are people who "will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world". Well this is something different then you explained and applied this on symbolic sight of people who have faith in deliverance (as JW group in video showed faith). I think that this two can not be in harmony. Maybe you would like to find some other verses for video or find some other explanation on Luke 21:27.  

Other problem is what sort of "sight" (see) we can talk about - literally, allegorical  or some other intellectual perception and understanding on circumstances in the World. Verse said that people will "see" Him. Because "signs" of all kind ,about Luke was talking, are visible in all accepts of human perception, we can say how "signs" are literal, material, emotional, in connection with body and soul of all people and by that visible, people can "see" it/that. In that way Luke are not spoke in allegorical way. In that way context of Luke chapter 21 are very literal.   

14 hours ago, Anna said:

Yes, of course, but you seemed certain. In any case, I think your question was related to wondering why some didn't survive Armageddon and others did. Actually to be precise, the scenes are showing the great tribulation which precedes Armageddon. If anyone dies at Armageddon it's because they have been executed by Jesus. But there is possibility that some faithful Christians may die during the great tribulation at the hands of God's enemies.

The end of the basement video was inconclusive on purpose I guess. Some friends suggested that the soldiers didn't "see" the brothers. Others thought that an angel of Jehovah stepped in. In any case, the depiction of paradise showed other characters from preceding videos (which also appeared in the 2018 video), so I don't think seeing those who were in the basement necessarily meant they had died and were resurrected, it could have meant they survived....

yes Anna, as i said all is about "artistic freedom of expression" and about "perceive/observation/sense of spectator" :))

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.