The World News Media

We need to fight this perception of JW's

The Librarian

we8fqhDBMKaq9SryEcHoHr3zjjYFmmTyMqCJk2b7

As you read this.... remember PERCEPTION is 90% of everything. Sometimes it even trumps the truth itself for centuries. It is that important.

I suspect we should consider that most businesses no longer require suits (business casual and clean is now ok for most jobs)

I try to not bring my electronic devices to my business meetings. It sends the wrong message I think.  What is wrong with the Bible and songbook (actual books)?

Let's also consider what a Kingdom Hall full of Mercedes and Audis appears like to the public.

I remember how I felt as a regular pioneer showing up in California one day at a KH with all their expensive cars. WRONG MESSAGE!!!

Remember what Jesus said about the RICH?

Just some random thoughts when I saw this on Facebook.

Any ideas?

View the full article

• Views 1.2k
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As you read this.... remember PERCEPTION is 90% of everything. Sometimes it even trumps the truth itself for centuries. It is

ITS  A  REAL  PHOTO  FROM  OUR  MEETING  TIME !!   VERY  LESS  COMING  WITH  BOOKS... I  WAS  ONE  OF  THE  FIRST  SISTERS,  USING  AN  iPAD  IN  OUR  CONGREGATION  -  S

*** w83 1/15 pp. 24-25 par. 7 Armed for the Fight Against Wicked Spirits *** 7 The experience of a Christian elder in Germany, who also happens to be wealthy, is noteworthy. A Christian brother

Posted Images

ITS  A  REAL  PHOTO  FROM  OUR  MEETING  TIME !!   VERY  LESS  COMING  WITH  BOOKS...

I  WAS  ONE  OF  THE  FIRST  SISTERS,  USING  AN  iPAD  IN  OUR  CONGREGATION  -  SOME  BROTHERS  AND  ME :)   STEP BY STEP  MORE  AND  MORE....

THE  MOST  BROTHERS  &  SISTERS  COMING  WITH  THEIR  TABLETS  OR  SMARTPHONES  TODAY !   IN  BIG  COUNTRIES  ITS  NORMAL  AND  THE  BAG'S  VERY  NICE  EASY,  WOW !  BUT  AT  HOME  I  OFTEN  USING  MY  BIBLE  -  ALL  HAS  PRO'S  &  CON'S !

IN  SERVICE  NEARLY  ALL  USING  A  TABLET,  A LOT  BETTER  FOR  THE PEOPLE,  AND  IN  SO  MANY  LANGUAGES,  GREAT !!

THANK  YOU  JEHOVAH 1f64f.png1f495.png

On 6/15/2018 at 5:11 PM, The Librarian said:

I suspect we should consider that most businesses no longer require suits (business casual and clean is now ok for most jobs)

It does seem a little silly to see brothers trekking through the wilderness in ties. Still, most people readily buy the explanation (if we have opportunity to give it) that it is a matter of showing respect toward God.

I try to not bring my electronic devices to my business meetings. It sends the wrong message I think.  What is wrong with the Bible and songbook (actual books)?

Maybe it depends upon the area. I have never sensed anyone put off because I used a tablet in the ministry (Moses used two of them) and not a paper book. Maybe it is like Christians were at the forefront of the movement to switch from scrolls to codex. Now they are at the forefront of those who go from paper to digital.

I remember how I felt as a regular pioneer showing up in California one day at a KH with all their expensive cars. WRONG MESSAGE!!!

You didn't come to our KH, did you? 

Still, one does see them. I like that quote some decades ago, in a study article, I think, of the brother who could afford a Mercedes but instead opted for a Volkswagen, out of regard for just what you observed.

Dig that quote up for us, could you? It is not for nothing that they call you @The Librarian

"Any ideas?"      I like this post.

2 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Dig that quote up for us, could you?

*** w83 1/15 pp. 24-25 par. 7 Armed for the Fight Against Wicked Spirits ***

• 7 The experience of a Christian elder in Germany, who also happens to be wealthy, is noteworthy. A Christian brother, knowing something about his financial status, asked him why he drove a Volkswagen (a less expensive car) and lived in a modest apartment. Becoming very serious, he answered: ‘Because if I drove a Mercedes Benz (a luxury car) and lived in an ostentatious manner, it could have a damaging effect on the spirituality of my Christian brothers and sisters.’  How different that attitude is from the world’s! To make a “showy display of one’s means of life” is the way of the world. (1 John 2:16) According to the world, the measure of success is the amount of money and material possessions a person has. But may that never be so in the Christian organization! We need to be armed so that none of this type of satanic thinking infiltrates our own thinking and that of the Christian congregation. At the same time our own godly devotion along with contentment will result in our not being critical of those who may seem to be overlavish in their way of life.—1 Timothy 6:6-8.

On ?6?/?15?/?2018 at 3:11 PM, The Librarian said:
we8fqhDBMKaq9SryEcHoHr3zjjYFmmTyMqCJk2b7

As you read this.... remember PERCEPTION is 90% of everything. Sometimes it even trumps the truth itself for centuries. It is that important.

Let's also consider what a Kingdom Hall full of Mercedes and Audis appears like to the public.

Remember what Jesus said about the RICH?

Just some random thoughts when I saw this on Facebook.

Any ideas?

View the full article

For one, this meme didn't mention anything about using tablets, almost every church uses them these days. What it is addressing is being required to dress to the 9's in order to get jehovahs approval, or believe you must dress like a business man in your worship of Jehovah...several criminals and pagan rituals require special dress, just like the jw's.

Jesus and His disciples didn't drive fancy camels and donkeys. I believe the reference there is jw's who are blessed enough to drive a nice car isn't doing charity, which is nothing new. Several members of my church drive very expensive vehicles. The car you drive shouldn't be the judge of the heart or financial situation.

Now as far as helping others. I myself have had a 1 on 1 discussion when I was studying that even if your next door neighbor is trapped in a burning house, you as a jw are supposed to leave them be and only help other jw's in your town. In all reports of natural disasters the reports were always giving assistance to jw's only, then anyone else who may need it afterwards. 

And on top of that you have no charities, and with the watchtower being worth hundreds of billions of dollars possibly, I'm sure they could afford at least a bloodless charity.

The perception of JWs is that they are an anti-Christian cult who say they are Gods' prophets on earth and yet have made so many failed prophecies they ought to change their name to "Armageddon incorporated".

They are also well-known for running away from questions and blacklisting houses who's occupants know the Bible.

14 hours ago, Matthew9969 said:

I myself have had a 1 on 1 discussion when I was studying that even if your next door neighbor is trapped in a burning house, you as a jw are supposed to leave them be and only help other jw's in your town.

It is okay to save your next door neighbor if his house is burning down. I do it all the time.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.