The World News Media

If the organization did not actually prophesy the end in 1925 and 1975, then how come so many Witnesses left the faith immediately afterwards?

Jesus.defender

• Views 3.8k
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it might be a good thing, up to a point, to have a sensitivity approaching bitterness. This would be especially true if we realize the depth of the loss of so many who went out from us. These

They stumbled ... or were they tripped?  (Mark 9:42) . . .But whoever stumbles one of these little ones who have faith, it would be better for him if a millstone that is turned by a donkey were p

A 1988 Yearbook example from one representative country explains it pretty well: *** yb88 pp. 189-191 *** All seemed well in the spring of 1975. The Bethel family moved into their spacious

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Heard anything from ANY platform?

Seen any evidence in ANY publication?

Know about any internal "reform" movement?

Heard about any Governing Body Member quitting in disgust?

I have not, to ANY of the above.

THAT'S how I know.

Hard evidence.

But you can't see inside peoples hearts.

8 minutes ago, Anna said:

Actually it's not a fantasy. It's the "now" that's the problem. No one can say "when" millions living will never die, but it's not a fantasy, as one day it will be a reality.

One day Sol, our star, will go Nova,  expand to about the orbit of Mars.

Predicting that it will happen in our lifetime is a fantasy, a lie, and worse.

but it could be VERY lucrative, if you can can completely suppress your conscience !

17 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:
6 hours ago, Anna said:

Honestly how can you know?

Heard anything from ANY platform?

Seen any evidence in ANY publication?

Know about any internal "reform" movement?

Heard about any Governing Body Member quitting in disgust?

I have not, to ANY of the above.

THAT'S how I know.

Hard evidence.

May I assume the questions I have asked have a resounding "NO!", from your experience and knowledge?

6 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

but it could be VERY lucrative, if you can can completely suppress your conscience !

I don't think it had anything to do with suppressing any conscience, if that's what you are insinuating. They really, really believed it.

1 minute ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

May I assume the questions I have asked have a resounding "NO!", from your experience and knowledge?

No, I agree with you. But it still doesn't prove that they are not " bitterly weeping at such things ".

When you are claiming to represent Jehovah God,  the standards are higher than " ... we were all just self-deluded incompetent fools, looking to preserve our jobs and positions".

If they are NOT .... those PRETENDING to be God's channel of communication have forgotten to plug dat 'ol regriratator into the wall... and the "food at the proper time" is THERE ..... but it is LONG SPOILED.

A reasonable person might expect SOMETHING ..... ANYTHING "prophesied" to be right ...

Even a blind pig will OCCASIONALLY find an acorn.

How have  we done on that issue? (..and I am NOT talking about literal acorns)?

Hmmm?

10 minutes ago, Anna said:
16 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

No, I agree with you. But it still doesn't prove that they are not " bitterly weeping at such things ".

With the COMPLETE and TOTAL absence of any EVIDENCE to the contrary .... yes, it does.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.