Jack Ryan

• Views 1.4k
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You could have warned that there was very foul language in the video.

This is the way to get real world experience ..... You get the test FIRST. ...and the lesson, afterwards.

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 5:09 PM, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Considering the title of the video, among a person of knowledgeable experience, that in my opinion would be a "given"..

SURPRISE!!

Not.

I agree but not everyone is as in the know as you and I. Even some x jw's as myself don't like that language. However I've seen jw's post such language, which is not a surprise either, given that we are all human.

@Jack Ryan You do realize Eddie's disdain for religion as a whole? Right? If you are familiar with his work, you'd realize that A, he is a comedian, and that B, people like him are not a fan of region, you think his jokes about JWs is wild, wait til you look at what he says about Christianity and the Bible, not only you will fall off your chair in shock, your socks will come off in shock as well. He does not stop at religion and the bible itself, he also talks about other faiths such as Islam as well as their Qu'ran.

That being said, you never gave a warning to as to how vulgar this video is in regards to language. I have been around so I am clearly not fazed, I had worse, but at least show some respect to others by giving them a heads up. Despite my differences with Matthew, I come to a common ground and agree with him on this note, you should have gave a warning.

Lastly, that isn't the only time the faith was being joked about. At the end of the day, for all men, you do not joke with God, and clearly God does not toss around senseless jokes - he enacts judgement, and clearly, that won't be a laughing matter with any man, mainly in a situation to the mold speaking back to it's molder, it's a no-go and an obvious judgement.

Some comedians have material that is not always true, just putting that out there and you've given points to atheist - not cool.

Also why the Polygamy tag?

@Matthew9969 The actions of a few does not justify the actions of many and or others, regardless of who they are or what faith they profess.

If a Christian says he wants to kill anyone he does not agree with him and actually causes harm to someone, it does not mean all Christians are prone to do the same thing, some will not even agree with the same person they sit next to. In this sense, if a JW says something vulgar that does not mean a JW somewhere in like the middle of Madagascar is the same, for of course, every individual are different in regards to experience and the walks of life, and the like.

agreed ..... to shock someone with a new idea actually a good thing to do ... but to shock them with vulgarity shows extreme disrespect.

That being said, there are levels of intensity to any speech ... each word  spoken has an emotional "index" value. and can be used to upbuild, inform, encourage, or be used as a weapon of intimidation. 

I remember the expression on the Sister's face at the Kingdom Hall, when after the meeting, I turned around and said, " You know, that was a HELL of a good talk ! ".

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.