Question

The rise in popularity of on-demand video streaming services like Netflix and Amazon Prime is increasingly seen as a threat to the 113-year-old ritual of going to a cinema to see a movie. James Robins spoke to Dr Karina Aveyard, Research Fellow at the University of Sydney, author of “Lure of the Big Screen: Cinema in Rural Australia and the United Kingdom” and co-editor of “Watching Films: New Perspectives on Movie-going, Exhibition and Reception,” about whether Netflix might kill the cinema. 

Read the full discussion on our website, The Big Q

What's your opinion?

net.png

• Like 1

1 answer to this question

Next big move will be for Netflix to buy up a national cinema chain and release their movies there first before going on their online platform.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By JOHN BUTLER
      This topic is aimed toward asking ADMIN these questions. I do not know who Admin are. Some folks here seem to have made friends with Admin where as I just use the forum. 
      Why was Jehovah's Witnesses Private Club set up ?
      Should it be 999% about Jehovah's Witnesses and their Organisation, which would include the GB ?
      Am I therefore wrong when i only talk about Jehovah's Witnesses and have no interest in other religions ?
      There are those on here that regularly 'bite my ears off' because i only talk about the JW's, but I thought that was the intention of this forum.
      Admin please clarify these matters for me, please ...... 
    • By Jack Ryan
      You literally had an answer to say and you said it. I remember my mom underlining things to answer and I'd get passed the microphone and read them. Like the speakers never acknowledged the words you spoke, they'd just say "thank you sister/brother/drone so and so"
      Nowhere else but like middle school does this happen
    • By Nicole
      My favorite scene of the movie is the battle,  specially when the Wayans rescued their friends 

• By Nicole
      Why the Watchtower Study Edition,  January 2018, page 26, says: 

"Satan’s world has made humans suffer for some 6,000 years."? How do they get that calculation?

HOW TO BE HAPPY
      19. Who can never be really happy?
      19 Satan’s world has made humans suffer for some 6,000 years. Now, in the last days of this system, the earth is full of people who focus on themselves, money, and pleasures. They think of what they can get and make their own desires the main thing in life. But people like that cannot be truly happy! In contrast, the Bible says: “Happy is the one who has the God of Jacob as his helper, whose hope is in Jehovah his God.”—Psalm 146:5.
      https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/402018246
    • By Nicole
      A new Netflix six-part documentary series, “Rotten,” exposes the various forms of corruption and fraud within the global food and agricultural industry. Each episode analyzes the scandals and controversies of different food sectors, from criminal exploitation in the United States fishing industry to “Honeygate”, the largest global food laundering and prosecution case in history.
      “Rotten gives food the true crime treatment, diving deep into the food production underworld to expose the corruption, waste, and real dangers behind [our] everyday eating habits,” says Netflix of the new series.
      Read more: https://foodtank.com/news/2018/01/netflix-reveals-rotten-truths-industrial-food-industry/
      By Guest
      How does one use a secret Netflix Code? 

When browsing on the Netflix website, an URL is generated when you click on a particular genre like www.netflix.com/browse/genre/ 6384 <<< the numbers in bold make the 'genre code'. For instance '6384' is the code for 'Tearjerkers'.
      To bring up the genre of your choice, simply change those numbers in the URL to the code.
      Note: You must be logged into your Netflix account from a desktop computer for the secret codes to work. 
      What are the Netflix Codes?
      Wine and beverage appreciation (1458) Quirky foreign action and adventure (851) Independent movies about food (852) Feel-good sports movies for ages 8 to 10 (855) Action & Adventure (1365) Action Comedies (43040) Action Sci-Fi & Fantasy (1568) Action Thrillers (43048) Adventures (7442)  Adult Animation (11881) Anime Sci-Fi (2729) African Movies (3761) Alien Sci-Fi (3327) Animal Tales (5507) Anime (7424) Anime Action (2653) Anime Comedies (9302) Anime Dramas (452) Anime Fantasy (11146) Anime Features (3063) Anime Horror (10695) Anime Series (6721) Art House Movies (29764) Asian Action Movies (77232) Australian Movies (5230) British TV Shows (52117) British Movies (10757)  B-Horror Movies (8195) Baseball Movies (12339) Basketball Movies (12762) Belgian Movies (262) Biographical Documentaries (3652) Biographical Dramas (3179) Boxing Movies (12443) Campy Movies (1252) Children & Family Movies (783) Chinese Movies (3960) Classic Action & Adventure (46576) Classic Comedies (31694) Classic Dramas (29809) Classic Foreign Movies (32473) Classic Movies (31574) Classic Musicals (32392) Classic Romantic Movies (31273) Classic Sci-Fi & Fantasy (47147) Classic Thrillers (46588) Classic TV Shows (46553) Classic War Movies (48744) Classic Westerns (47465) Comedies (6548) Comic Book and Superhero Movies (10118) Country & Western/Folk (1105) Courtroom Dramas (528582748) Creature Features (6895) Crime Action & Adventure (9584) Crime Documentaries (9875) Crime Dramas (6889) Crime Thrillers (10499) Crime TV Shows (26146) Cult Comedies (9434) Cult Horror Movies (10944) Cult Movies (7627) Cult Sci-Fi & Fantasy (4734) Cult TV Shows (74652) Crime Documentaries (9875) Dark Comedies (869) Deep Sea Horror Movies (45028) Disney (67673) Disney Musicals (59433) Documentaries (6839) Dramas (5763) Dramas based on Books (4961) Dramas based on real life (3653) Dutch Movies (10606) Eastern European Movies (5254) Education for Kids (10659) Epics (52858) Experimental Movies (11079) Faith & Spirituality (26835) Faith & Spirituality Movies (52804) Family Features (51056) Fantasy Movies (9744) Film Noir (7687) Food & Travel TV (72436) Football Movies (12803) Foreign Action & Adventure (11828) Foreign Comedies (4426) Foreign Documentaries (5161) Foreign Dramas (2150) Foreign Gay & Lesbian Movies (8243) Foreign Horror Movies (8654) Foreign Movies (7462) Foreign Sci-Fi & Fantasy (6485) Foreign Thrillers (10306) French Movies (58807) Gangster Movies (31851) Gay & Lesbian Dramas (500) German Movies (58886) Greek Movies (61115) Historical Documentaries (5349) Horror Comedy (89585) Horror Movies (8711) Independent Action & Adventure (11804) Independent Comedies (4195) Independent Dramas (384) Independent Movies (7077) Independent Thrillers (3269) Indian Movies (10463) Irish Movies (58750) Italian Movies (8221) Japanese Movies (10398) Jazz & Easy Listening (10271) Kids Faith & Spirituality (751423) Kids Music (52843) Kids' TV (27346) Korean Movies (5685) Korean TV Shows (67879) Late Night Comedies (1402) Latin American Movies (1613) Latin Music (10741) Martial Arts Movies (8985) Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling (6695) Middle Eastern Movies (5875) Military Action & Adventure (2125) Military Documentaries (4006) Military Dramas (11) Military TV Shows (25804) Miniseries (4814) Mockumentaries (26) Monster Movies (947) Movies based on children's books (10056) Movies for ages 0 to 2 (6796) Movies for ages 2 to 4 (6218) Movies for ages 5 to 7 (5455) Movies for ages 8 to 10 (561) Movies for ages 11 to 12 (6962) Music & Concert Documentaries (90361) Music (1701) Musicals (13335) Mysteries (9994) Military Documentaries (4006) New Zealand Movies (63782) Period Pieces (12123) Political Comedies (2700) Political Documentaries (7018) Political Dramas (6616) Political Thrillers (10504) Psychological Thrillers (5505) Quirky Romance (36103) Reality TV (9833) Religious Documentaries (10005) Rock & Pop Concerts (3278) Romantic Comedies (5475) Romantic Dramas (1255) Romantic Favourites (502675) Romantic Foreign Movies (7153) Romantic Independent Movies (9916) Romantic Movies (8883) Russian (11567) Satanic Stories (6998) Satires (4922) Scandinavian Movies (9292) Sci-Fi & Fantasy (1492) Sci-Fi Adventure (6926) Sci-Fi Dramas (3916) Sci-Fi Horror Movies (1694) Sci-Fi Thrillers (11014) Science & Nature Documentaries (2595) Science & Nature TV (52780) Screwball Comedies (9702) Showbiz Dramas (5012) Showbiz Musicals (13573) Silent Movies (53310) Slapstick Comedies (10256) Slasher and Serial Killer Movies (8646) Soccer Movies (12549) Social & Cultural Documentaries (3675) Social Issue Dramas (3947) Southeast Asian Movies (9196) Spanish Movies (58741) Spiritual Documentaries (2760) Sports & Fitness (9327) Sports Comedies (5286) Sports Documentaries (180) Sports Dramas (7243) Sports Movies (4370) Spy Action & Adventure (10702) Spy Thrillers (9147) Stage Musicals (55774) Stand-up Comedy (11559) Steamy Romantic Movies (35800) Steamy Thrillers (972) Supernatural Horror Movies (42023) Supernatural Thrillers (11140) Tearjerkers (6384) Teen Comedies (3519) Teen Dramas (9299) Teen Screams (52147) Teen TV Shows (60951) Thrillers (8933) Travel & Adventure Documentaries (1159) TV Action & Adventure (10673) TV Cartoons (11177) TV Comedies (10375) TV Documentaries (10105) TV Dramas (11714) TV Horror (83059) TV Mysteries (4366) TV Sci-Fi & Fantasy (1372) TV Shows (83) Urban & Dance Concerts (9472) Vampire Horror Movies (75804) Werewolf Horror Movies (75930) Westerns (7700) World Music Concerts (2856) Zombie Horror Movies (75405)
      By Guest
      Netflix is raising prices on its subscription service for the first time since 2015. Investors asked “what took so long?” sending its stock up 5% to a record high of $193.86—a much warmer response than when it jacked up prices 60% in 2011 and lost 800,000 U.S. subscribers. 
      Here are the brand new monthly bundles: 
      $7.99 for low definition on one device at a time—no change $10.99 for HD on up to two devices at a time–up $1. $13.99 for 4K access on up to four devices at a time–up $2. Despite the bump, Netflix’s 104 million subscribers shouldn’t fly the coop. The streaming provider is still cheaper than HBO’s ($14.99) and Hulu’s ($11.99) similar offerings. 
      It’s also keeping viewers hooked by pouring $6 billion into original programming and signing exclusive deals with A-list celebrities like David Letterman and Chris Rock (it’s even giving Adam Sandler another go after Jack and Jill).
    • By Bible Speaks
      I CAN SHUT OFF MY TV ??? I ONLY WATCH NEWS AND PROGRAMS THAT ARE GOOD?!!
      ?????
      IF SOMEONE offered you a million dollars to give up television for the rest of your life, would you do so? Some years ago 1 in 4 Americans surveyed said that they would not. Another survey asked men what they wanted most. The majority said that they desired peace and happiness. But this came second on their wish list. What they wanted first in life was a big-screen television! The time that many people devote to television is astonishing. Recently, a global study showed that, on average, people watch TV for just over three hours each day. North Americans watch four and a half hours daily, while the Japanese top the list at five hours per day. Those hours add up. If we watch four hours daily, by age 60 we will have spent ten years in front of the screen. Yet, none of us would want inscribed on our tombstone: “Here lies our beloved friend, who devoted one sixth of his [or her] life to watching TV.” 
      ?????
      “The eating of too much honey is not good,” wrote wise King Solomon. (Proverbs 25:27) The same principle applies to TV viewing. Though television offers much that is worthwhile, heavy viewing can cut into family time, hinder reading and academic performance in children, and contribute to obesity. 
      ?????
      If you invest a great deal of time in watching TV, it is smart to think about what you are getting in return. Our time is too precious to waste. It is also smart to think about what we watch. The question we need to ask ourselves is this, ‘Does what I watch affect my thinking in the way I want it to?" 
      ?????
      For those who serve God, that question has special relevance. Much of what is shown on television runs contrary to the lofty principles and moral standards taught in the Bible. Lifestyles and practices that the Scriptures condemn are presented as acceptable, normal, and even trendy. 
      ?????
      At the same time, Christian values and those who appear to practice them are frequently ignored, ridiculed, or derided on television. One author lamented: “It is not enough for the deviant to be normalized. The normal must be found to be deviant.” All too frequently the “subtle instructor” whispers: “Good is bad and bad is good.”—Isaiah 5:20. 
      ?????
      We must be careful about what we watch, for it will affect our thinking. The Bible says: “He that is walking with wise persons will become wise, but he that is having dealings with the stupid ones will fare badly.” (Proverbs 13:20) 
      ?????
      Bible scholar Adam Clarke notes: “To walk with a person implies love and attachment; and it is impossible not to imitate those we love. So we say, ‘Show me his company, and I’ll tell you the man.’ 
      Let me know the company he keeps, and I shall easily guess his moral character.” 
      ?????
      As we have seen, most people spend a great deal of time in the company of television characters who are far from wise, characters a sincere Christian would otherwise never dream of inviting into his home. 
      ?????
      Lesson for today. ????? (Prov 13:20)
      https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102006361#h=1:0-6:540

• By Nicole
      The actress, 48, is stepping into the role of Hela, the goddess of death in the upcoming Thor: Ragnarok — and she recently that she is actually the first female villain to appear in a Marvel movie.
      “I didn’t realize until Marvel told me that I was inhabiting the first female Marvel villain onscreen,” the actress told E! News at Comic Con. “I thought, ‘Surely not.’ Well, no actually that’s true! There’s been many, many, many in the comic books, but they’ve been a little tardy in bringing them to the screen, so hopefully there will be a lot more villainesses.”
      Read more: http://people.com/movies/cate-blanchett-breaks-barriers-as-marvels-first-female-villain-hopefully-there-will-be-a-lot-more/

• By James Thomas Rook Jr.
      My wife and I are planning to see the movie  "DUNKIRK" this weekend, and I have seen "Saving Private Ryan", and "Schindler's List", all very violent war movies, and in my opinion very IMPORTANT movies to see. 
      The list of incredibly important movies could fill a notebook.
      I could probably list 10 off the top of my head .. some important for very different reasons.
      "The Notebook" comes to mind.
      Some, merely cultural icons, like the entire STAR WARS and STAR TREK franchises, etc.
      What has been your actual experience about what kinds of movies the Brotherhood actually sees ?

• By Nicole
      The fantastic four (2015)
      http://www.pelispedia.tv/pelicula/cuatro-fantasticos/

• By Nicole
      I enjoy watching how they make movies, high technology. For example I love to see how they performed the Gollum, Smaug, Caesar the Ape, and the details of the movies using the computers. I like Peter Jackson and Andy Serkis work 

• By Nicole
      The tech industry has long been famed for its luxe work environments—free lunches, ping pong tables, green juice on tap—but there's a lot more than perks that goes into creating a workplace employees love. To bring you this list, Fortune partner Great Place to Work to surveyed more than 42,000 employees of U.S. technology companies. The two resulting rankings are grouped by company size, one for large tech companies and one for small and medium-sized ones. You can read more about the list, and the role that diversity and innovation plays in these businesses, here.
      LARGE COMPANIES
      1. ULTIMATE SOFTWARE

Employees say: "Management and HR are aligned to make sure the culture is protected so that everyone feels supported in this work environment. I believe this feeling of safety and culture of support is what drives our innovation, creativity, and drive to succeed as a team."
      "Take care of the 3,300 families in the organization, be the best, and the company will unequivocally support me and my family forever."
      Industry: Online Internet Services
      HQ location: Weston, Fla.
      Employees: 3,126
      2. Intuit

Employees say: "I feel very blessed to work at Intuit. It provides me with every opportunity to do my best work. I have received 100% support to create a vision for the company regarding sustainability. Intuit walks the talk regarding its values and that makes my job a joy."
      "The company has a culture of truly caring for each other as employees, for the wellbeing of our customers, for the betterment of individuals, and for the health of our community as a whole. Ultimately, we fundamentally believe that we can make a difference in the world."
      Industry: Software
      HQ location: Mountain View, Calif.
      Employees: 6,216
      3. Salesforce

Employees say: "Salesforce truly cares about the success and happiness of its employees as well as making a positive impact on the community. Seeing our organization respond to actions against the LGBT community and Women's rights over the past year has made me incredibly proud to work here."
      "Working at Salesforce is more than just a job. I feel like our mission is really to make the world a better place both in business and in life. It's not just a software company. We have a greater mission."
      HQ location: San Francisco
      Employees: 14,410
      4. Zillow Group

Employees say: "It's a creative and collaborative work environment that allows for exploration in different areas that are maybe not entirely related to the specifics of the job. During our "Hack Week," for example, we had a team of employees design a Zillow-related puzzle room to foster team collaboration, morale, and creative thinking in a fun, relaxed environment."
      "This is one of the most diverse and amazing companies I have ever worked for. I think that has to do with the fact that we have all types and all kinds here to make this a better place to work. Whenever you walk in it feels like home!"
      Industry: Online Internet Services
      HQ location: Seattle
      Employees: 2,603
      5. Workday

Employees say: "Every day you are given the opportunity to learn in so many different ways. A webinar here. A seminar there. On-demand learning over here. It's understood here that if you work hard, your options are almost endless."
      "I have never worked for a company that succeeds so well at keeping their clients and employees happy by sticking to its core principles."
      HQ location: Pleasanton, Calif.
      Employees: 4,557
      6. SAP America

Employees say: "SAP genuinely cares about people and impacting society through its innovations for the greater good of humankind. For its' employees, striving to provide a fair, equitable and respectful workplace and a culture which values the uniqueness of every individual."
      "The company has continued to reinvent itself to stay a leader in the market. I tell new people joining us that we create a mess because we need to; we clean it up; and then we create another mess and clean that up. By embracing a constant change and the need for a little chaos in order to innovate, it makes our environment very exciting."
      HQ location: Newtown Square, Penn.
      Employees: 13,548
      7. World Wide Technology

Employees say: "We have strong core values and we see the positive impacts of them on a daily basis. Most places I’ve previously worked at had values, however, managers followed them when necessary, a common 'do as I say, not as I do' type of mentality. Working at WWT has shown me there are companies out there that still practice what they preach."
      "The culture of innovation and collaboration is very impressive at our company. With the diverse experiences of our employees, our culture encourages reaching out to others to solicit new ideas and solutions to problems. It is encourages people to experiment and when failure happens, learn from it and try something new."
      Industry: Hardware, Software, Online Internet Services, IT Consulting, Storage/Data Management
      HQ location: St. Louis
      Employees: 3,766
      8. SAS Institute

Employees say: "Because this company provides such a great work environment and offers great work life balance, most employees give very much in return. In contrast to other companies I've worked for, it's a comfortable work environment with minimal politics, and allows employees to give much greater focus to innovation, creativity, and detail."
      "There is an understanding that we're all creating something together, and we want it to be solid, so we do our best wherever we can. There's an excitement to that."
      HQ location: Cary, N.C.
      Employees: 7,191
      9. Adobe Systems

Employees say: "This is the best place I've ever worked. This is a company that promoted me two weeks before maternity leave with my second child to make sure I was excited to return and excited about my role. It's also a company that let me chart my own path and create a new program. It's empowered me to take my ideas and work to incredible places and work with some of the most creative and innovative people of my career."
      "Nobody at Adobe has to worry about fitting into a mold as they walk into the doors—everyone is encouraged to be themselves and it really helps people feel part of something bigger."
      HQ location: San Jose, Calif.
      Employees: 6,995
      10. Hyland

Employees say: "The company as a whole firmly embraces diversity. We've found strength through that diversity, and attribute much of our success to the wisdom that comes from a variety of backgrounds and demographics."
      "Management is willing to listen and sincerely understand different opinions on projects. ... This helps our company of thinkers and innovators understand, accept, and apply new understanding to the business in the future."
      HQ location: Westlake, Ohio
      Employees: 2,075
      Continue reading
    • By Nicole
      A robotic figure interacts with members of the media during a press event for CES 2017 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas. Alex Wong/Getty Images

Anna Choi of Neofect demonstrates the Rapael Smart Glove therapy device for stroke victims at CES. REUTERS/Rick Wilking

The Hover Camera Passport drone uses facial recognition software to automatically follow the user around and shoot video. AP Photo/John Locher

Remi, a smart alarm clock, at the Urban Hello booth. David Becker/Getty Images

An attendee takes a photograph of himself wearing the R-9 augmented reality glasses manufactured by Osterhout Design Group. David Paul Morris/Bloomberg

The Crazy Baby Mars True Audio Levitating Wireless Speaker. DAVID MCNEW/AFP/Getty Images

A show-goer tries out the YouCam Makeup mirror which shows different make up without actually applying any. REUTERS/Rick Wilking

A Laka smart toy and app to benefit special needs children. DAVID MCNEW/AFP/Getty Images

Chad Kresser demonstrates a prototype VR headset at the Lenovo booth. The VR headset tracks head movements using cameras in the headset. AP Photo/John Locher

A Wink PTU 360-degree spherical camera with an Android phone. DAVID MCNEW/AFP/Getty Images

A Faraday Future FF 91 electric car. REUTERS/Steve Marcus

The Bloomlife Smart Pregnancy Tracker counts labor contractions at home. REUTERS/Rick Wilking

Werner Struth, member of the board of management of Robert Bosch GmbH, talks about Mykie, a personal assistant for the kitchen. REUTERS/Steve Marcus
      More pictures here
    • By Nicole
      From 1 January, workers have ‘right to disconnect’ as France seeks to establish agreements that afford work flexibility but avoid burnout

The ‘right to disconnect’ measure is intended to tackle a 24/7 work culture that has led to a surge in usually unpaid overtime. Photograph: Getty Images/PhotoAlto
      From Sunday, French companies will be required to guarantee their employees a “right to disconnect” from technology as the country seeks to tackle the modern-day scourge of compulsive out-of-hours email checking.
      On 1 January, an employment law will enter into force that obliges organisations with more than 50 workers to start negotiations to define the rights of employees to ignore their smartphones.
      Overuse of digital devices has been blamed for everything from burnout to sleeplessness as well as relationship problems, with many employees uncertain of when they can switch off.
      The measure is intended to tackle the so-called “always-on” work culture that has led to a surge in usually unpaid overtime – while also giving employees flexibility to work outside the office.
      “There’s a real expectation that companies will seize on the ‘right to disconnect’ as a protective measure,” said Xavier Zunigo, a French workplace expert, as a new survey on the subject was published in October.
      “At the same time, workers don’t want to lose the autonomy and flexibility that digital devices give them,” added Zunigo, who is an academic and director of research group Aristat.
      The measure was introduced by labour minister Myriam El Khomri, who commissioned a report submitted in September 2015 which warned about the health impact of “info-obesity” which afflicts many workplaces.
      Under the new law, companies will be obliged to negotiate with employees to agree on their rights to switch off and ways they can reduce the intrusion of work into their private lives.
      If a deal cannot be reached, the company must publish a charter that would make explicit the demands on, and rights of, employees out-of-hours.
      Trade unions which see themselves as guardians of France’s highly protected workplace and working week of 35 hours have long demanded action. However, the new “right to disconnect”, part of a much larger and controversial reform of French labour law, foresees no sanction for companies which fail to define it.
      French newspaper Libération praised the move in an editorial on Friday, saying the law was needed because “employees are often judged on their commitment to their companies and their availability”.
      Some large groups such as Volkswagen and Daimler in Germany or nuclear power company Areva and insurer Axa in France have already taken steps to limit out-of-hours messaging to reduce burnout among workers.
      Some measures include cutting email connections in the evening and weekends or even destroying emails automatically that are sent to employees while they are on holiday.
      A study published by French research group Eleas in October showed that more than a third of French workers used their devices to do work out-of-hours every day. About 60% of workers were in favour of regulation to clarify their rights.
      But computing and work-life balance expert Anna Cox from University of College London (UCL) said companies must take into account demands from employees for both protection and flexibility. “For some people, they want to work for two hours every evening, but want to be able to switch off between 3 and 5pm when they pick their kids up and are cooking dinner,” she said. Others are happy to use their daily commute to get ahead before they arrive in the office, she explained.
      Furthermore, she said the world of work was changing as rapidly as the technology, with more and more employees working remotely or with colleagues in other time zones. “Some of the challenges that come with flexibility are managing those boundaries between work and home and being able to say ‘actually I am not working now’,” she said.
      One of the positive effects of the law will be to encourage “conversations with people working together about what their expectations are”, said Cox.
      https://www.theguardian.com/money/2016/dec/31/french-workers-win-legal-right-to-avoid-checking-work-email-out-of-hours
    • By Nicole
      I just spoke with my friend, she is a need greater and is serving in a rural place where there is no electricity, and conditions are not ok, so bad that she told me that she honestly does not imagine me visiting there, although I visit her everywhere she goes...the thing is that the small congregation of around 20 publishers was smart and attending the regional convention was so expensive for them that they decided to buy a modern second hand TV at a bargain price. They had the 3 days regional convention virtually, using a generator,  the elder downloaded the assembly program, despite it being an assembly with a different accent they still enjoyed it. There is another story behind to get the generator working, the  computer and cable that  connects the computer to the TV, but I don't want to make a large story, it is clear that Jehovah helped them.
      My point is that I am glad they are using technology, that is how it should be, and not making people  spend money they don't have and making  them feel bad when they are not able to attend assemblies due to money problems. 
    • By Nicole
      Silicon Valley's Aloft Cupertino hotel, just spitting distance from Apple's headquarters near San Francisco, presented their newest high-tech employee, Wednesday, introducing Botlr the robotic butler.

• By JAMMY
      http://www.nigerianewspaper.com.ng/2016/04/dont-stop-sharing-this-until-every.html
      Faithkeepers is an upcoming documentary film about the violent persecution of Christians and other religious minorities in the Middle East

• By DC4SAFC
      Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg has teamed up with some Global Tech Giants to provide internet access worldwide via drones flying 66,000 ft. above the earth.
      Interesting.
      https://info.internet.org/en/story/connectivity-lab/
    • By Nicole
      Published on Apr 11, 2016
      It turns out that FBI director James Comey covers his laptop camera with tape, just like any NSA-fearing citizen should - an admission that has generated hilarity on social media.
  • Who Was Online   110 Users were Online in the Last 24 Hours   (Most members ever online in 24 hour was 162, last accomplished on .)

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation