The World News Media

Festivus - The Holiday for the REST of us ?

James Thomas Rook Jr.

Festivus - The Holiday for the REST of us ?

"Seinfeld" was a very popular TV show a few years back, and one of the comedic sketches they had was the ad-hoc invention of a holiday called "Festivus"  -  completely made up out of thin air, to compete with those who did not celebrate Christmas or Hanukkah , or other holidays.

I have seriously (Hahahahaha) been thinking about making "Festivus" a family tradition at our house, as exemplified by the expression " .. A life without celebration, is like a very long road without an Inn ..".

If this is new to you, you can watch Seinfeld "Festivus" episodes on YouTube to get the idea, and Wikipedia has the full history of the Holiday.

Hmmmm ... I will also send this question to the "Watchtower", "Questions from Readers", perhaps as an exercise in futility .. but even a blind pig finds an acorn, once in awhile.

I would appreciate it if you could answer the question as you see it, from whatever perspective you have.

• Views 784
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. So... go for it. I would love to see how THAT Judicial Committee could justify a disfellowshipping.  

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.