“Color and Physiognomy.....a man whose nose upturns can no more be expected to administer justice than a pug dog can be expected to act as a shepherd.”
The Golden Age January 19, 1921 pg. 224

• Downvote 1

@Jack Ryan (July 8 2018) "Only the servants in Egypt were black?"

Legitimate question and may well be asked by children using My Book of Bible Stories.

Speaking of this matter in ancient Egypt, Wikipedia states:

The use of cosmetics differed. Everything in Egypt was changed slightly between social classes, where more make-up was worn by higher class individuals, as wealthier individuals could afford more make-up. Although there was no prominent difference between the cosmetics styles of the upper and lower class, noble women were known to pale their skin using creams and powders.This was due to pale skin being a sign of nobility as lighter skin meant less exposure to the sun whereas dark skin was associated with the lower class who tanned while taking part in menial labor such as working in the fields. Thus, paler skin represented the non-working noble class, as noble women would not work in the sun.

The BBC news website highlights this as a continuing UK issue in the report of 6 August 2018, headlined:

Skin-whitening creams: The battle against illegal products

• Similar Content

• By JOHN BUTLER
      Good morning....  My wife and i sat and watched this musical film 'Les Miserables' on television last night.  I could not sit and watch a stage play or stage musical, but I can watch a film musical.
      Over two hours long and i thought it was fantastic. Showing both sides of the story, both that thought they were right. Yet showing also man's inhumanity to man.
      Ecclesiastes 8 v 9.
      "All of this I have seen, and I applied my heart to every work that has been done under the sun, during the time that man has dominated man to his harm."
      So many humans on Earth right now. So many lifestyles. So many religions. So many people thinking they are right. So many killing each other for so many reasons. 
      My brother who is an Elder in a congregation of JW's, says he cannot understand why Jehovah hasn't yet brought Armageddon. He says that it seems that everything has been done and every point proven, so why keep the suffering going on. Some say it is to allow other people the chance to serve God. And all those that die will get a resurrection anyway. 
      But due to my disappointment within the JW Org I cannot see any religion that is serving God properly. Nor can i see any religion that can prove they have God's spiritual backing. 
      I don't even know if God's name should be Yahweh or Jehovah or something completely different. 
      I'm wondering why God allows it to be so difficult to find the truth about Him and about how we should serve Him. 
      For the sake of a certain person I looked at a website concerning Unitarians, and found it quite amusing. https://www.unitarian.org.uk/pages/unitarianism-explained
      Though in fairness I only looked at this first 'page'. But it seems they play it safe by allowing their members to be of 'any religion'.  I do wonder if they would go to war and kill each other as Catholics do. 
      Yes, man's inhumanity to man. How much longer must it go on ? 
    • By The Librarian
      g1921_E.pdf

Part of the:

• Who Was Online   106 Users were Online in the Last 24 Hours   (Most members ever online in 24 hour was 162, last accomplished on .)

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation