The World News Media

Jehovah's Witness Organization raises money for disaster relief

The Librarian

Screen Shot 2018-07-08 at 1.52.56 PM.png

The sale portion of the event featured building supplies, tools, trailers, office and kitchen equipment used to repair homes and places of worship during Harvey.

Author: Parris Kane
Published: 5:58 PM CDT July 7, 2018
Updated: 6:12 PM CDT July 7, 2018

BEAUMONT — Around 225 volunteers from 22 states are in Beaumont raising money for the Jehovah's Witness Organization's world wide relief operations ministry. The event is located at Ford Park, and started Friday.

The sale portion of the event featured building supplies, tools, trailers, office and kitchen equipment used to repair homes and places of worship during Harvey.

Sunday the event will turn into a public auction. Whatever items remaining will be will be auctioned off at 10 a.m. A preview of the items and registration for the event will start at 8 a.m.

For more information head over to their event page.

https://www.12newsnow.com/article/news/local/jehovahs-witness-organization-raises-money-for-disaster-relief/502-571645165

• Views 734
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perhaps the headline should read "Jehovah's Witness Organisation raises money FROM disaster relief"? So... equipment purchased using members' donations, for helping (mainly JWs) after a hurricane is now being auctioned off cheaply; has the GB received communication from Jehovah that there's to be no more natural events of this kind that would need disaster relief, so useful equipment won't be needed in future? Seems a bit short-sighted otherwise, unless they've decided they can't really get decent PR for the 'efforts' and aren't going to get their adherents to volunteer in future?

They are not raising money FOR disaster relief. They are selling off stuff THEY SAY was used for Hurricane Harvey relief... well, go to the FB page and take a look at some of the stuff being auctioned off. I've seen some of these pictures before from the RBC liquidation they had in Texas last year... looks like they didn't sell it all off (I did hear they held back some of the stuff to use for Harvey, but never heard from the inside that they did indeed use it since it was in Belton (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=333354840421662&set=pb.100012414456873.-2207520000.1531070431.&type=3&theater )

I guess all those barber chairs came in handy when repairing peoples homes in Texas... that was a necessity huh?? What about all those computers? Etc etc I don't buy it for a minute... the JW's are still liquidating RBC and other equipment... Seriously, why not keep some of the items since HELLO? Hurricanes happen all the time? Something fishy is up with this... sure it will stink its way to being found out soon enough...

I am sure that the relief is that of the GB; the idea that there were unliquidated assets doubtless caused them pain in their wallets.

Disaster relief for who, Dubs exclusively?

Who payed for the stuff being auctioned off, and where will the money go?

Did they pay full price for the items with contribution money, and are they now auctioning them off for pennies on the dollar?

How many homes do they fix with free labor, only to get fat checks from insurance companies for full value later?

Answer these questions and then I’ll give my opinion on how “charitable” this is.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.