The World News Media

IMMORTALITY

sami

There is wide confusion as to whether Jehovah is the Father, the Only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ or both.Jehovah alone possessed and has always possessed immortality [the inability to die]. This is something that the angels, even though they have spirit bodies and not those of a carnal nature, do not have.

Angelic mortality is evident in view of the judgment of death entered against the spirit son who became God’s Adversary, or Satan, and also against those other angels who followed that satanic course and “did not keep their original position but forsook their own proper dwelling place.” (Jude 6; Mt 25:41; Re 20:10, 14)

The Greek word a·tha·na·si´a is formed by the negative prefix (a) followed by a form of the word for “death” (tha´na·tos). Has the basic meaning of “deathlessness,” and refers to the quality of life that is enjoyed, its endlessness and indestructibility. (1Co 15:53, 54, ; 1Ti 6:16, The Greek word a·phthar·si´a, meaning “incorruption,” refers to that which cannot decay or be corrupted, that which is imperishable.—Ro 2:7; 1Co 15:42, 50, 53; Eph 6:24; 2Ti 1:10.

The expressions “immortal” or “immortality” do not occur in the Hebrew Scriptures, which do show, however, that Jehovah God, as the Source of all life, is not subject to death, therefore, is immortal. (Ps 36:7, 9; 90:1, 2; Hab 1:12) This fact is also emphatically stated by the Christian apostle Paul in referring to God as “the King of eternity, incorruptible.”—1Ti 1:17.

The first one described in the Bible as rewarded with the gift of immortality is Jesus Christ. That he did not possess immortality before his resurrection by God is seen through observation. He died. Then consider the words of the inspired apostle at Romans 6:9: “Christ, now that he has been raised up from the dead, dies no more; death is master over him no more.” (Compare Re 1:17, 18.)

For this reason, when describing him as “the King of those who rule as kings and Lord of those who rule as lords,” 1 Timothy 6:15, 16 shows that Jesus is distinct from all such other kings and lords in that he is “the one alone having immortality.” The other kings and lords, because of being mortal, die, even as did also the high priests of Israel. The glorified Jesus, God’s appointed High Priest, has “an indestructible life.”—Heb 7:15-17, 23-25.

The name Jehovah can be translated as "The Becoming One". The changeless God, who will become that which His people have need.

I SHALL PROVE TO BE WHAT I SHALL PROVE TO BE.” Heb., אֶהְיֶֽה אֲשֶֽׁר אֶהְיֶֽה (ʼEh·yehʹ ʼAsherʹ ʼEh·yehʹ), God’s own self-designation; Leeser, “I WILL BE THAT I WILL BE”; Rotherham, “I Will Become whatsoever I please.” Gr., E·goʹ ei·mi ho on, “I am The Being,” or, “I am The Existing One”; Lat., eʹgo sum qui sum, “I am Who I am.” ʼEh·yehʹ comes from the Heb. verb ha·yahʹ, “become; prove to be.” Here ʼEh·yehʹ is in the imperfect state, first person sing., meaning “I shall become”; or, “I shall prove to be.” The reference here is not to God’s self-existence but to what he has in mind to become toward others. Compare Ge 2:4 ftn, “Jehovah,” where the kindred, but different, Heb. verb ha·wahʹ appears in the divine name

Who is Jesus?The connotation put to the name of the Supreme One is not a correct understanding, but one of convenience, trying to infer a father who becomes a son and then a reverts back to a father. The ancient Hebrew pictographs tell a different story.

In Hebrew thought, that which exists has breath, and the breath was the character of someone.

Hawah comes from the primary root, hah, or heh [HH] – which if you open your mouth wide and blow the air from your lungs, you will have pronounced this ancient root word.

There are many derivatives which come from HH – hawah [to become or exist]; hayah [to breath, was, come to pass]; chayah [live, life, exist]; neshamah [to blow, or wind from the lungs]; yihyeh [he exists] and so on. HH in the paleo is made up of two “hey”, and the pictograph letter for hey, was the little man, standing with his arms raised out, which singularly, means to “behold” as when looking at a great sight [one might throw their arms up or out in amazement or wonderment], and when beholding a great sight, one often takes in a deep breath, or even “sigh”, with the extended meaning then of “reveal” as well – with the two hey, you have both – a great sight or wonderment itself being the very revealing of life’s breath.

The Waw was the picture of the tent peg, meaning just that, a peg or hook, used to secure something, fixed it in place, even “add” – as the waw is often used and a prefix to words to mean “and” in the sense of adding things together, or bringing together.

The Yad was the side-view of the arm and hand meaning to work, make, throw – all the functions of the hand and arm working together. The Modern Hebrew name “yud” is a derivative of the two letter word “yad” meaning "hand", the original name for the letter, or secure.

The word, yhwh, from a literal academic perspective means “he exists” or as in Genesis 15:6, “b’yhwh“ meaning the “fully existent one”
Yhwh is derived from the root Hh [see above] by placing the Yad in the beginning, or in front of the Hh, and is completed by inserting the waw between the Hh.

By his very own action, his own hand’s work [yad], he is the one to which all life’s breath, wonderment, and revelation [hey hey] are secured and brought together [waw]. He is the very cause and securing factor, of all that exists – that which we call the wonderment or revelation of life through every breath we take.

• Views 394
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.