Jack Ryan

Jehovah's Witnesses Hierarchical View of Everyone

40 minutes ago, Space Merchant said:

Not really, however the funny thing about Wikipedia, it is said anyone can edit the information, or so I've heard. It is also a breeding ground for trolls.

I thought Jehovah's Witness Assembly Halls were where they were assembled, from parts!

22 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

I thought Jehovah's Witness Assembly Halls were where they were assembled, from parts!

Assembly can mean many things, in this case, it is a group of people gathered together in one place for a common purpose and or the action of gathering together as a group for a common purpose. Pretty much a place where a great multitude of people gather for the same thing, turning Bible pages in unison I suppose.

In this sense, it can be applied to a large warehouse or work environment, example, Toyota or Honda manufacturing areas where workers assemble together for the same type of work function. Or it can be applied to a group.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Space Merchant said:

In this sense, it can be applied to a large warehouse or work environment, example, Toyota or Honda manufacturing areas where workers assemble together for the same type of work function.

Yes, it could be applied that way, but it almost never is. It's called a Toyota assembly plant because that's where they assemble Toyotas, not because workers assemble together. They should only assemble there when they are not assembling.

Jehovah's Witnesses -- Some Assembly Required!

• Haha 1

I have a Brother Label Maker that makes labels on gummed tape, with which I label things.  I even labeled my label maker with a label that reads "Label Maker", and on the Label Maker's label that says "label maker", there is a tiny label that says "Label".

In the kitchen is a pyrex graduated two cup measuring container with a handle, and on the bottom is a label that says "Urine samples", which my wife did not see, 'cause it was on the bottom.

She wrote a very nasty letter to the Betty Crocker cake mix people.

..... apologies to TBBT, and  Sheldon Cooper

• Haha 1

• Similar Content

• By Noble Berean
      This is veering off the 1975 discussion, but I never suggested God places higher value on certain individuals because of status. That's contrary to everything he stands for. I am suggesting that humans have placed higher importance on themselves.
      You said that there isn't a hierarchy in the organization, and that's not true. The R&F phrase is used by the organization to describe publishers at the bottom of the organizational pyramid. It isn't used to describe those at the top. And JWs at the bottom of the pyramid have no right to question the direction of those at the top, because they do not have the special capacity to interpret the Bible for themselves. JWs rely on the GB to get a proper understanding of the Bible. They have definitive authority on Bible understanding.
      So, there is a disparity between R&F JWs and the specially chosen ones. If everyone was truly equal, wouldn't we all be able to interpret the Bible for ourselves? That idea is actually discouraged in the organization.
    • By Jack Ryan
      May 15, 2017 TO ALL BODIES OF ELDERS Re: Regular Pioneers
      UK version
      new jw term: "Infirm Regular Pioneer"
      PIONEER: from Old French peonier foot soldier, from peon foot soldier. - Merriam Webster Online Dictionary.

Helping people in need is one of the cornerstones and most honorable pursuits in Christianity. It takes a spiritual person to voluntarily look after others who are incapable of taking care of themselves. But in the Watchtower world it isn't permitted if you want to remain a pioneer - only time spent preaching the Watchtower message counts, and is the main marker of spirituality.
      Looking at this from a distance now, it is clear just how perverted this is....
  • Who Was Online   112 Users were Online in the Last 24 Hours   (Most members ever online in 24 hour was 162, last accomplished on .)

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation