1. Srecko Sostar

Srecko Sostar

• Similar Content

• By The Librarian
      Question sent in years ago that I never posted.
    • By Jack Ryan
      I assume the Watchtower meant this to represent Satan in Eden?
    • By Bible Speaks
      12 ...."‘This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah says:“You were the model of perfection, Full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
      13  You were in Eʹden, the garden of God. You were adorned with every precious stone —Ruby, topaz, and jasper; chrysʹo·lite, onyx, and jade; sapphire, turquoise, and emerald;
      And their settings and mountings were made of gold. They were prepared on the day you were created.
      14  I assigned you as the anointed covering cherub. You were on the holy mountain of God, and you walked about among fiery stones.
      15  You were faultless in your ways from the day you were created
      Until unrighteousness was found in you.
      16 Because of your abundant trade, You became filled with violence, and you began to sin. So I will cast you out as profane from the mountain of God and destroy you, O covering cherub, away from the stones of fire.
      17  Your heart became haughty because of your beauty.
      You corrupted your wisdom because of your own glorious splendor. I will throw you down to the earth. I will make you a spectacle before kings.
      18 Because of your great guilt and your dishonest trading, you have profaned your sanctuaries.
      I will cause a fire to break out in your midst, and it will consume you. I will reduce you to ashes on the earth before all those looking at you.
      19  All who knew you among the peoples will stare at you in amazement. Your end will be sudden and terrible,
      And you will cease to exist for all time.”’”
      (Ezekiel 28:12-19) NWT
      jw.org

• By Jack Ryan
      What was the point in creating them in the first place?
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Why the Watchtower Study Edition,  January 2018, page 26, says: 

"Satan’s world has made humans suffer for some 6,000 years."? How do they get that calculation?

HOW TO BE HAPPY
      19. Who can never be really happy?
      19 Satan’s world has made humans suffer for some 6,000 years. Now, in the last days of this system, the earth is full of people who focus on themselves, money, and pleasures. They think of what they can get and make their own desires the main thing in life. But people like that cannot be truly happy! In contrast, the Bible says: “Happy is the one who has the God of Jacob as his helper, whose hope is in Jehovah his God.”—Psalm 146:5.
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
    • By The Librarian
      There are other versions out there... not quite as smooth as this one however.
      Learn more about:
      and even

The Bible (TV series) - Satan tempts Jesus in the wilderness (Matthew 4) extrait from episode 6.

• By Bible Speaks
      GO AWAY SATAN! IT IS JEHOVAH GOD YOU MUST WORSHIP
      4 "Then Jesus was led by the spirit up into the wilderness to be tempted by the Devil.  
      2 After he had fasted for 40 days and 40 nights, he felt hungry. 
      3 And the Tempter approached and said to him: “If you are a son of God, tell these stones to become loaves of bread.” 
      4 But he answered: “It is written: ‘Man must live, not on bread alone, but on every word that comes from Jehovah’s mouth.’”
      5 Then the Devil took him along into the holy city, and he stationed him on the battlement of the temple 
      6 and said to him: “If you are a son of God, throw yourself down, for it is written: ‘He will give his angels a command concerning you,’ and, ‘They will carry you on their hands, so that you may not strike your foot against a stone.’” 
      7 Jesus said to him: “Again it is written: ‘You must not put Jehovah your God to the test.’”
      8 Again the Devil took him along to an unusually high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. 
      9 And he said to him: “All these things I will give you if you fall down and do an act of worship to me.” 
      10 Then Jesus said to him: “Go away, Satan! For it is written: ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’” 
      11 Then the Devil left him, and look! angels came and began to minister to him."
      (Matthew 4;1-11) NWT
      jw.org

• By Bible Speaks
      9 "But the lawless one’s presence is by the operation of Satan with every powerful work and lying signs and wonders."
      (2 Thess.2:9)
      Who were the Magi that visited the young child Jesus?
      Astrologers (Gr., maʹgoi; “Magi,” AS ftn, CC, We; “Magians,” ED) brought gifts to the young child Jesus. (Mt 2:1-16) 
      Commenting on who these maʹgoi were, The Imperial Bible-Dictionary (Vol. II, p. 139) says: “According to Herodotus the magi were a tribe of the Medes [I, 101], who professed to interpret dreams, and had the official charge of sacred rites . . . they were, in short, the learned and priestly class, and having, as was supposed, the skill of deriving from books and the observation of the stars a supernatural insight into coming events . . . Later investigations tend rather to make Babylon than Media and Persia the centre of full-blown magianism. ‘
      Originally, the Median priests were not called magi . . . From the Chaldeans, however, they received the name of magi for their priestly caste, and it is thus we are to explain what Herodotus says of the magi being a Median tribe’ . . . (J. C. Müller in Herzog’s Encl.).”—Edited by P. Fairbairn, London, 1874.
      Rightly, then, Justin Martyr, Origen, and Tertullian, when reading Matthew 2:1, thought of maʹgoi as astrologers. Wrote Tertullian (“On Idolatry,” IX): “We know the mutual alliance of magic and astrology. The interpreters of the stars, then, were the first . . . to present Him [Jesus] ‘gifts.’” (The Ante-Nicene Fathers, 1957, Vol. III, p. 65) The name Magi became current “as a generic term for astrologers in the East.”—The New Funk & Wagnalls Encyclopedia, 1952, Vol. 22, p. 8076.
      So the circumstantial evidence is strong that the maʹgoi who visited the infant Jesus were astrologers. Thus The New Testament translated by C. B. Williams reads “star-gazers,” with a footnote in explanation: “This is, students of stars in relation to events on earth.” Fittingly, then, modern English translations read “astrologers” at Matthew 2:1.—AT, NE, NW, Ph.
      How many of these astrologers “from eastern parts” brought “gold and frankincense and myrrh” to the child Jesus is not disclosed; there is no factual basis for the traditional notion that there were three. (Mt 2:1, 11) 
      As astrologers, they were servants of false gods and were, wittingly or unwittingly, led by what appeared to them as a moving “star.” They alerted Herod to the fact that the “king of the Jews” had been born, and Herod, in turn, sought to have Jesus killed. The plot, however, failed. Jehovah intervened and proved superior to the demon gods of the astrologers, so instead of returning to Herod, the astrologers headed home another way after being given “divine warning in a dream.”—Mt 2:2, 12.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
    • By Jack Ryan
      Demon possession comes to mind....
    • By Jack Ryan
      In the temptation account, Satan is shown as reflecting the erroneous belief of ancient time that shape of earth is flat, thus taking Jesus to the top of “a very high mountain” and showed “all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor.” (Mathew 4:8, 9) The fact that Jesus did not correct the mistaken view of Satan shows the account of temptation is allegorical. Further, Jesus knew that Satan was only a personification of evil (Mathew 16:23; John 6:70) and categorically declared that “all evil thoughts proceed from one’s heart,” not from Satan. (Mark 7:21; James 1:14). There is nothing unusual with personification as Bible personifies even material riches. (Mathew 6:24).

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.