World Forum

She's additionally found some proof that intermittent fasting might beat traditional weight-loss plans relating to lowering a woman's risk for breast cancer, and that, at least in rodents, fasting plans may disrupt or counteract the event of neurological diseases like Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. Due to this fact, resistance coaching helps enhance your physique's metabolism as your physique uses more calories to keep up muscle than it does to take care of fats. People rushed to congratulate Felicia on her weight loss with the tweet receiving over 87,000 likes and 16,000 retweets at time of writing (August 3). Keep away from foods with more than 2 grams of saturated fats per serving. In my expertise, weight-loss camp does little more than reinforce that the body is something to battle into submission and that fatness is a illness to be eradicated in any respect prices—relatively than deal with a person's weight as a component of their life that deserves to be treated with dignity and compassion.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• The most creative and intelligent people on planet Earth hang out on this forum. Be ready to have your points of view challenged and refined.

We also want others to share your posts to ALL the social media outlets not just our own.

You need to be registered and logged in to get full access and to add content yourself. 

Welcome To Our Community

• Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Topics

• I wish the same.... I also wish someone could explain what the difference was between what happened in Malawi versus what happened in Mexico. But this is completely off topic here. I apologize @TrueTomHarley but this is JTR's fault, he started it
    • There is a lot of turmoil in Gonzalez's country of Nicaragua. And the local hero has become a villain to some fans back home, because of his support for the Nicaraguan President. Fuentes plans to show his support for the people of Nicaragua by carrying the country's flag to the ring on fight night. "I have heard that that there is no money and no employment, that there is tyranny in Nicaragua, in the same manner that it was present in Mexico at a certain moment. It was difficult here, that is why I understand the people of Nicaragua. I know there are killings. How hard it must be for a country with six million inhabitants and so many have disappeared. I hope to God to win the fight and dedicate the triumph to the people of Nicaragua," Fuentes said. "I know they are having a hard time, that the government is hard. I understand the situation that they are now living in, that's why I'm with Nicaragua. Roman comes from the bottom, he knows what the shortcomings are and despite that he does not support the people of Nicaragua, but instead he's in favor of the President and the (para) military that is mistreating the people. I think Roman is a Christian and I think God is going to charge him the bill. "God gives you a talent, offers opportunities and accommodates fights, but when you do wrong God scolds you, because he knows how to reprimand. I think Roman has done wrong with turning away from his people and instead being in favor of the Government for their personal benefits. I accumulated 600 messages in the last two days. People [from Nicaragua] are writing to me: 'Moses we are with you,' 'Moses do not leave us alone, put the flag of Nicaragua up high.' Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
    • I lived through that time too, but I did not pay a lot of attention to it as I was too young.  However, a friend helped me to dig up a WT from 1975 that seems to make a distinction between an oath binding one to a person, and an oath to a country. Here are a few excerpts: ......."Thoughtful Christians weigh the matter in the light of Bible principles before taking any sworn oath. In doing so, they find that some oaths are Scripturally unacceptable. For example, in the days of the Third Reich, every German soldier was required to take this oath: “I swear by God this holy oath that I shall render unconditional obedience to the Führer of the German Reich and people, Adolf Hitler, the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces, and that as a brave soldier I shall be prepared at all times to risk my life for this oath.” A person dedicated to Almighty God cannot bind himself unconditionally to a sinful human, for Jehovah exacts “exclusive devotion.”...........Hence, despite severe persecution, faithful Christian witnesses of Jehovah in Germany would take no oaths binding them to Adolf Hitler...... ..........A true Christian, then, would not take an oath that would involve him in the controversies of the world or that would subject him unquestioningly to the will of another human. But what if a nation required that such an oath be taken by those desiring to become citizens? Could a person dedicated to God take an oath of that kind with mental reservations, reasoning that sex, age or other factors would make it unlikely that what had been sworn would ever be required? The individual must decide, but it would not be Christian to make a false oath of any kind, even if refusal to do so resulted in being denied the rights of citizenship......... ........A citizen of the United States of America who desires to travel abroad will find the following oath on a passport application: “I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations, or purpose of evasion: So help me God.” If an applicant finds this objectionable, he is permitted to strike this oath from the passport application, and he will not be denied the document on that basis"........... Awake 1975/7/22 page 27-28 Interestingly this was written during the presidency of Nathan Knorr.  edit: In addition this is what the proclaimers book  ch 29, page 674 had to say: In Malawi, there is only one political party, and possession of a party card indicates membership. Although the Witnesses are exemplary in paying their taxes, in harmony with their religious beliefs, they decline to buy political party cards. To do so would be a denial of their faith in God’s Kingdom. Because of this, late in 1967, with the encouragement of government officials, gangs of youths throughout Malawi launched an all-out attack on Jehovah’s Witnesses that was unprecedented in its obscenity and sadistic cruelty. Over a thousand devout Christian women were raped. Some were stripped naked before large mobs, beaten with sticks and fists, and then sexually assaulted by one person after another. Nails were driven through the feet of the men and bicycle spokes through their legs, and then they were ordered to run. Throughout the country their homes, furniture, clothing, and food supplies were destroyed. Bellow are the translated contents of the card. I cannot verify the correctness of the translation as I do not speak Chichewa     Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
    • SCJN ordena transfusión urgente a hija de Testigos de Jehová Los padres de Clarita se oponen a la transfusión por sus creencias religiosas, la SCJN determinó que sí debe hacerse. 15/08/2018 22:59 / Ciudad de México Por orden de la Suprema Corte de Justicia de la Nación, Clarita, la pequeña rarámurí de 6 años, podrá recibir las transfusiones sanguíneas que sean necesarias para tratar su leucemia; a pesar de la resistencia de sus padres, quienes rechazaron el tratamiento porque va contra los principios de la religión de los Testigos de Jehová, la cual profesan desde hace años.

Arturo Zaldívar Lelo de Larrea, se resolvió privilegiar el derecho a la vida por encima a la libertad religiosa; pues se consideró que si bien los padres tienen el derecho a tomar decisiones libres sobre sus hijos, tanto en el campo de la salud como en el campo de la educación religiosa, este derecho tiene como límite no poner en riesgo la salud y vida de sus hijos.

La sala negó amparar a los padres de Clarita, tras explicar que se pone en riesgo la vida de un niño cuando los padres, privilegiando sus creencias religiosas, se rehúsan a seguir un tratamiento que ya ha sido acreditado por la comunidad médica como el procedimiento más efectivo para tratar determinada condición letal; es decir, aquél que no presenta una disputa científica sustancial sobre su eficacia y confiabilidad. 

En el caso se resolvió que debía sustituirse la voluntad de los padres de la menor, pues el tratamiento indicado por la ciencia médica consiste, precisamente, en la realización de quimioterapias acompañadas de transfusiones sanguíneas, por lo que a juicio de la Sala debe autorizarse el tratamiento indicado por el personal médico, pues solamente a través de esa intervención podrá protegerse la vida de la menor. 

En el caso, Clarita la niña de seis años con leucemia linfoblástica aguda ingresó a un hospital en estado de urgencia. Los médicos indicaron que la menor requería transfusiones sanguíneas; no obstante, sus padres se opusieron en ejercicio de su libertad religiosa. 

Avisada de esta delicada situación, y después de escuchar a los padres y médicos, la Subprocuraduría de menores asumió la tutela de la niña para autorizar el tratamiento indicado. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Joan James

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation