The World News Media

BEARING WITNESS... the people who believe they are living in 'the last of days' - Wales on Sunday

Jack Ryan

A double-page article in the print edition of Wales On Sunday, a English-language Welsh newspaper, and 'sister' newspaper to The Western Mail (Mon to Sat). Wales on Sunday has a circulation of just under 10,000-copies each Sunday.

73IzGIbdOJeW7A5PitsSJrH0UjNGNbPy-RKEgshES6A.png

Bearing Witness

Wales On Sunday (UK), Sunday, August 5, 2018 - pages 14 & 15

Inside the biggest annual gathering of people who believe they are living in 'the last of days'

Graduating with an MA and starting a nine-to-five job as a design engineer left James Repetti feeling happiness was only “skin deep”.

The 26-year-old from Port Talbot wanted more meaning in his life and says he found it joining the JehovahÂ’s Witnesses.

Yesterday he was baptised in front of thousands of fellow believers at CardiffÂ’s Motorpoint Arena.

James joined 10 others fully immersed, one by one, into a waistdeep pool of water in a public declaration of their faith at the biggest annual gathering of JehovahÂ’s Witnesses in Wales.

As he waits to be baptised, James says the Brexit referendum in 2016 was the first time he felt he stood out as a student joining a new faith.

“A lot of people can be angry when you say you don’t vote but I don’t think man is able to solve the world’s problems and that’s why we put trust in God.”

JamesÂ’ parents, former teachers who are not JehovahÂ’s Witnesses themselves, were there to see their son being baptised into the faith he began studying as a student studying robotics at Bath University.

He says he was looking for something more when he began studying the bible aged 23.

Emerging from the baptism pool dripping wet in shorts and a T-shirt, his beaming face suggests he has found it. “Being baptised is a public declaration of my faith and one of the most important things I can do,” he says.

“After meeting Jehovah’s Witnesses and seeing the happiness they have in their lives and the wonderful things knowledge of the bible has done for them it’s something I really wanted to be part of.”

READ FULL ONLINE VERSION:
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/inside-biggest-annual-gathering-jehovahs-14991197

• Views 567
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.