The World News Media

Let us Appreciate Brother Lett

TrueTomHarley

1 hour ago, Grey Reformer said:

That is why perception is such a disingenuous and pretentious view for former witnesses and those that think along with, the same line of reasoning.

The Nazis could have made the exact same statement against the Allied Forces in WWII .... that the Allied Forces perception was completely contrary THEIR perception and vision .... the mission and global blessings of half a world united under the superior philosophy of German Civilizationand the cultural superiority of the Empire of Japan.

Perception is a double edged sword.

• Views 9.2k
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many sincere brothers now are quick to defend the mistakes of the past by saying that the number of little ones who were stumbled was actually a good thing. We've seem multiple comments on this forum

I was there, and paying attention. I know better.

Hmmmm... I thought the Governing Body was supposed to be faithful and discrete slaves .....   ministering to ..... to the brotherhood. The IDEA of providing " food at the proper time" is not to s

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

The Nazis could have made the exact same statement against the Allied Forces in WWII .... that the Allied Forces perception was completely contrary THEIR perception

That’s good the idea on perception can have logical reasoning behind conjecture. Although, since you bring up WWll, and Nazism as though it can be compared? What truth can be extrapolated when the Nazi governing church prayed to God for their success to win that war, while the ally churches prayed to God for their success in winning that war, pitting their own professed brothers of faith against each other

Aside from those that gave up their faithful brothers for fear of death to the enemy, even though Christ made it a point not to fear such an outcome? Where does the wisdom lie?

As far as some of your questions go, I will assume they are rhetorical.

About the other, I hold the same opinion Abraham Lincoln had when he was asked, during the American Civil War, whether God was on the side of the North ...or the South.

His reply was (possibly paraphrased...) "I don't think God got us into this war, and I don't think God will get us out of it."

The Allied Forces won because they had greater resources, an unlimited supply of soldiers, and because they developed the atomic bomb, first.

There is no evidence whatsoever that Jehovah God has influenced a single event in modern times.

If you know something more than I, that involves hard evidence ... please tell me.

13 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

...could? be WORSE ....

Could be worse    600  .jpg

You know, I really enjoyed Sunday’s Watchtower on the value of political neutrality, didn’t you?

(sigh...every newbie begins with the assumption, as I did, that the house sorehead is sane and open to reason)

41 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

There is no evidence whatsoever that Jehovah God has influenced a single event in modern times.

Precisely. Now you have hit a snag with your own interpretation. Is the GB responsible for that? Every witness should be aware, the God of this world plays a pivotal role with the horrors that go on within society. Can we blame God for that?

The “assumption” is condemnation, but, who, what, when, where, and why? Facts seem to be appreciated but not when it’s not delivered, and rhetorical. That’s a double edge sword as well, since I have yet to see any.

26 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

You know, I really enjoyed Sunday’s Watchtower on the value of political neutrality, didn’t you?

(sigh...every newbie begins with the assumption, as I did, that the house sorehead is sane and open to reason)

I enjoyed the parts that were relevant.

They did not mention that Bros. Russel, Rutherford  and Knor,  Presidents of the WTB&TS, WILLINGLY swore an oath before God, to the U.S. State Department, on their passport applications to ".. protect and defend the United States Constitution, against all enemies, foreign and domestic."

They did not mention the political activism of 64 MILLION letters sent by the Brotherhood to the Russian Federation to try and influence their political stance against the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society .

I wonder if the current President of the WTB&TS has a passport?

We are BOTH presumably sane and open to reason.

The only difference is that I consider FACTS, and reality as it really is.

1 hour ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

They did not mention that Bros. Russel, Rutherford  and Knor,  Presidents of the WTB&TS, WILLINGLY swore an oath before God, to the U.S. State Department, on their passport applications to ".. protect and defend the United States Constitution, against all enemies, foreign and domestic."

They did not mention the political activism of 64 MILLION letters sent by the Brotherhood to the Russian Federation to try and influence their political stance against the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society .

I wonder if the current President of the WTB&TS has a passport?

Then we have just learned whose reasoning holds an irrational thought. Venturing into the past without a proper context leans toward desperation than facts.

I believe we have gone full circle with this assumption of, why perception is such a disingenuous and pretentious view for former witnesses and those that think with the same line of reasoning.

15 minutes ago, Grey Reformer said:

Then we have just learned whose reasoning holds an irrational thought. Venturing into the past without a proper context leans toward desperation than facts.

I believe we have gone full circle with this assumption of, why perception is such a disingenuous and pretentious view for former witnesses and those that think with the same line of reasoning.

These things have been shown, in context, in thousands of comments, with photocopies,  here on the Archive over the past seven or so years.

The context has been fully established many dozens of times.

What you have typed sounds very profound, but in reality, it is meaningless and fanciful.

In some very few cases your own perceptions may be true, but mostly they are simply just plain wrong.

2 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

These things have been shown, in context, in thousands of comments, with photocopies,  here on the Archive over the past seven or so years.

The context has been fully established many dozens of times.

What you have typed sounds very profound, but in reality, it is meaningless and fanciful.

In some very few cases your own perceptions may be true, but mostly they are simply just plain wrong.

I was unaware sending letters to a government that disbanded the preaching work of a religious organization when it left other religions well enough alone, especially the Orthodox Church had anything to do with the Watchtower making a vote. What did all those letters VOTE for? If you can explain it with new evidence of truth, you reference as being, it would be greatly appreciated.

I would think, all those brothers, that sent in letters, in support of their brothers in Russia were doing so under the biblical guidance in Hebrews 13:1. If you have information to the contrary, please enlighten me.

However, if that assumption proves too difficult, then I must abide by what is mentioned in James 4:11 since this might become self-serving "In some very few cases your own perceptions may be true, but mostly they are simply just plain wrong." upon your own understanding.

Just chiming in with a couple of thoughts. The fact that you (Tom) felt the need to encourage others to appreciate br. Lett indicates that you think some do not appreciate him, and the reason for that is because he is a little different, there is no denying that. So you felt the need to defend him. When I first saw him speaking on jw broadcasting I had to look away, because I couldn't stand looking at his "crazy" gestures. And I know I'm not the only one. But I think we all got used to them now. What did irritate me a little was his pre-school type delivery, but as I said in my comment to you on fb, it is not a big deal as I believe he is genuine, and doesn't mean to sound condescending. What I still can't wrap my head around though is this "need to listen to some type of survival instructions". It may follow a Biblical pattern in the past, but I cant see any indication in scripture that talks about the great tribulation/Armageddon that anything like that will be necessary then. I get suspicious of the kind of statements which urge obedience now, the reason being that we will need to obey later to survive...

2 hours ago, Anna said:

The fact that you (Tom) felt the need to encourage others to appreciate br. Lett indicates that you think some do not appreciate him,

Actually I said that “Witnesses love this guy.”

2 hours ago, Anna said:

So you felt the need to defend him.

I wouldn’t put it that way. Offense is more like it. Admittedly he is a cultivated taste and it is well that he is one of a kind among Watchtower ‘brass.’ But nobody would ever deny that he is genuine, nor of his concern for the flock. In a world of phonies obsessed with outward appearance that is a decided plus.

In general, the more ‘lowly’ our people are, the more they like him. The more enamored people are with the TV anchorman as role model, the more they choke on him.

1 hour ago, AllenSmith34 said:

17 Let the elders who rule well be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in preaching and teaching.

And to think that I once called this brother ‘Allen the Terrible.’ Not only does he prove the resurrection; he proves the rehabilitation. A few Bible verses say it all. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.