The World News Media

Serena Williams good deeds vs. Watchtower articles

Srecko Sostar

Personally, I believe that what Serena stands for in her social projects is truly worthwhile. One of the video I've put out shows that she is socially active in many areas of American community life.
She stands for high school education and university higher education. Includes self in health programs. In charitable actions. She is UNICEF ambassador. Have Philanthropic projects. Helping on Community violence. She is Partnership with Equal Justice Initiative. One have said: "She's talking when others are being quite." She started Annual charity run. She is Ambassador for the Allstate Foundation, a purple plus project for domestic abuse victims.

Basically, first please take look at the links for Serena, and then read the controversial WT articles that actually say how Serena is "meddling in the things of this world". 2. Tim 2: 4 - 4 "No one serving as a soldier gets entangled in civil affairs but tries to please his commanding officer."

Not want talking about her motives, because we must look first at person in positive way without prejudice. So, Serena is fine role model in helping people, all people, not only to people of "her flock". :))

It is to long with copy/paste WT articles, but some people wants to see black on white.

1) „What is the theme of the message of Jehovah’s Witnesses? When Jesus gave his preaching commission, he did not instruct his followers to preach social or political reforms, union of Church and State, or any other secular ideology. Instead, he foretold: “This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations.” (Matthew 24:14) Thus, in obedience to Jesus’ instructions, true Christians today continue to speak to their neighbors about God’s Kingdom—the only government capable of bringing an end to Satan’s wicked system and ushering in a righteous new world.“  - source: https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2012324#h=10

TRUE Christians today do not participate in politics. Why not? Because they follow Jesus’ example. He said about himself: “I am no part of the world.” Regarding his followers, he stated: “You are no part of the world.” (John 15:19; 17:14) Consider some reasons why Christians should not become involved in politics.

2) 1. Human ability is limited. The Bible states that humans have neither the ability nor the right to govern themselves. “It does not belong to man who is walking,” wrote the prophet Jeremiah, “even to direct his step.”—Jeremiah 10:23.

Just as humans were not created to fly successfully on their own strength, so they were not created to rule successfully by themselves. Speaking about the limits of government, historian David Fromkin noted: “Governments are composed of human beings; therefore they are fallible and their prospects are uncertain. They exercise a certain power, but only a limited one.” (The Question of Government) No wonder the Bible warns us not to put our trust in man!—Psalm 146:3. source: https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2012323#h=1

3) We do not lobby, vote in political elections, run for government office, or try to change governments. …Otherwise, how could we have a clean conscience when we preach the good news that only God’s Kingdom can solve mankind’s problems?  source: https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2016288#h=36

4) Reformers are found in almost every society, where they encourage change in an orderly, constitutional manner. Generally, they are not anarchists or revolutionaries, since most reformers stay within the law and refrain from violence. A few reformers occupy influential positions in society and take the initiative in introducing change. Others lobby and prod those in power into taking some action.

Reformers try to get society to rethink its approach on issues. They do not just protest; they have ideas about how to improve things. To draw attention to their concerns, reformers may petition the public, demonstrate in the streets, or seek publicity in the media. Among the worst things that can happen to a reformer is for society to ignore him…..There can be no doubt that Jesus had the ability to bring about reform. As a perfect man, he could have blazed a trail with sweeping changes and innovations. Yet, Christ did not initiate a campaign to rid the world of corrupt officials or dishonest businessmen. He did not lead street protests against injustice, although he himself was to become the innocent victim of an outrageous miscarriage of justice….What Christ had in mind was, not a simple reform, but a complete change in the way mankind’s affairs are governed. This change will be put into effect by the heavenly Kingdom introduced by the Creator of mankind, Jehovah God, and administered by Jesus Christ as King. source: https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102004202#h=28

5) Special appendix on domestic violence with brand new "instructions"

17 Admittedly, there have been instances where an “unbelieving husband” seems to prove that he is not “agreeable to staying with her.” He might be extremely physically abusive, even to the point that she feels that her health or life is in danger. He might refuse to support her and the family or severely endanger her spirituality. In such cases, some Christians have personally decided that, despite what he might say, the mate is not “agreeable to staying” together and that a separation is necessary. But other Christians in comparably difficult situations have not; they have endured and tried to work at improving matters. Why?

18 In such a separation, the two are still marriage mates. If they lived apart, each one would face challenges, as mentioned earlier. The apostle Paul gave another reason for staying united. He wrote: “The unbelieving husband is sanctified in relation to his wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified in relation to the brother; otherwise, your children would be unclean, but now they are holy.” (1 Cor. 7:14) Many loyal Christians have remained with an unbelieving mate under very trying circumstances. They can testify that doing so was worthwhile in a special sense when their mate became a true worshipper.—Read 1 Corinthians 7:16; 1 Pet. 3:1, 2. source: https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/watchtower-study-december-2018/honor-what-god-has-yoked-together/

What would Serena say about this? Here are 2 links.

https://www.allstatenewsroom.com/news/allstate-foundation-purple-purse-and-serena-williams-launch-national-street-art-campaign-to-make-domestic-violence-and-financial-abuse-visible/

• Views 1.5k
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

I know this guy well. He blocked me from his sight and then carried on as though I had been ordered off by the Org.

http://www.tomsheepandgoats.com/2018/09/banned-at-the-apostate-website.html

I do not want to be involved in problem between you two. I am interested in comment, if you want to give, about my post. ;)) 

5 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

I do not want to be involved in problem between you two. I am interested in comment, if you want to give, about my post. ;)) 

Come to think of it, you and he are both from the same relatively obscure part of the world, where Witnesses are not exactly a dime a dozen. Moreover, it is also an economically unwell part of the world, which is not prime breeding grounds for 'apostates.' And you are hawking his gripes.

You don't suppose.....

22 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Come to think of it, you and he are both from the same relatively obscure part of the world, where Witnesses are not exactly a dime a dozen. Moreover, it is also an economically unwell part of the world, which is not prime breeding grounds for 'apostates.' And you are hawking his gripes.

You don't suppose.....

uhh, you gave too much specific statements that must be verified in some scientific, historical, religious and genealogical way. :)))))))

Can you? 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.