The World News Media

Would you give your life for your errant brother?

Srecko Sostar

• Views 2.6k
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I understand everything you say. Don't get me wrong, I was never agreeing with this video, in fact I think it's one of the worst videos WT has ever made. What I was doing was refuting what someone sai

As Jesus said we should treat disfellowshipped ones as "man of the nations and as a tax collector", then I'l leave you to work out the conscientious application of the principles of his Good Samaritan

@Srecko Sostar I agree. Period. I'd also add this situation mention in an old Awake magazine: *** g81 10/22 p. 6 “I Survived the Sinking of the Titanic” *** “The last lifeboat was b

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Jack Ryan said:

Here is the answer:

A real world conversation with a JW....

RxWeoNw.jpg

"As long as you're not disfellowshipped..."

This is a perfect demonstration of conditional love.

It's evident that both understood how disfellowshipping would affect future interaction with each other. They both understood that it doesn't mean that there is no love, or that the love is conditional, or that there would never be any help.

With regard to biased persons, or those who are opposed to the Witnesses, the wording is rather unfortunate, however it does not necessarily reflect every Witness response.

9 hours ago, Anna said:

Who has greater love; someone who does something for the greater and long term benefit of a person, despite the extreme emotional hurt it causes themselves, or someone who does something believing it is only a temporary fix and will not benefit the person in the long run, but it's easier on the emotions?  You can apply any scenario here. Perhaps a parent with a drug addicted child, or an alcoholic...etc. It's called tough love.

We have no way of knowing, but perhaps the "mother" may give her life to save a Catholic if the opportunity presents itself one day.....

tough love
ˌtəf ˈləv/
noun
  1. promotion of a person's welfare, especially that of an addict, child, or criminal, by enforcing certain constraints on them, or requiring them to take responsibility for their actions".

General idea of going throughout personal inside trouble of mind and soul as cure is acceptable. General idea how society, people around such person, family or some group have role in this is also acceptable. General idea how some methods in this process are necessary, identical in approach, painful for all involved are also acceptable. 

But because every person is unique, and how similar stuff they going through is not the same stuff in everyone life, has specific details for every one in particular, people who "helping" need to adapt their approach and methods to each case in a special way.

WT scenario in video made "special effects", because The Company determined for each actor what to play and why he/she would have such words, feelings and thoughts and such reaction/interaction. In video case daughter, allegedly, need family surroundings and/or just parents voice "and this small dose will satisfy her"!!

What if she had been in need for more then a "small dose"?!. Some persons fall in desperation, is suicidal emotions. What if daughter made suicide after unanswered call?? Because this can be very real Life scenario that WT want to escape for manipulative reasons on convention's public. What would parents, and mother especially, who not want to respond on phone,  think of WT helping methods "for the greater and long term benefit of a person" after funeral of their daughter?? 

Would you give your life for your errant brother?

What ... like in a hostage situation where "they" are going to shoot one, and I volunteer to take someones' place, so he might be spared?

I had a Brother in good standing ask me this, circa 1980.

Jeff Murphy, who we called "Murph the Surf", as we were driving to a large monthly Witness Yard  Party Gathering in Escondido, California many years ago asked me this.

As we were driving from Hollywood to Escondido, his exact question was "Would you take a bullet for me Tom?"  He was surprised when I answered ... no.

I further explained that I would risk my life to save his, if there was a reasonable chance of success, but I would not deliberately step into a bullet to save his life.

He asked "Why not?"

I replied that I was reasonably assured what I was going to do with my life, and if I "took a bullet" for him, and he WASTED his life, then I would also have wasted mine.

I will defend any innocent person with my life, but I hope not to throw it away.

"Stuff Happens", like when the back-yard party gathering bar closed at 10PM, while I was making my acquaintance with a Sister on the other side of the back yard, and when I got back they had packed away my large bottle of Southern Comfort I had brought to the party.

I havn't seen Jeff in about 40 or more years, but I never saw my bottle of Southern Comfort again.

7 hours ago, Gone Away said:

As Jesus said we should treat disfellowshipped ones as "man of the nations and as a tax collector", then I'l leave you to work out the conscientious application? of the principles of his Good Samaritan parable in such a case.

I had already knows this application with/to  Samaritan. My questions was  for those who forget what is answer :))

Thanks to you they hear now. It is better that this is heard from someone else here, not from me. :)  

6 hours ago, Anna said:

They both understood that it doesn't mean that there is no love, or that the love is conditional, or that there would never be any help.

I can accept how faithful JW member "understood"  WT Policy in this issue.

But if dfd or dsd person are still in the "WT frames/chains of such understanding" then her/his mind are far from normal and healthy mental state. Because he/she dance on same music together with JW member who dictate his/your behavior in relation to him. And that is not good.

People give their life for family.

People give their life for members of their community and or faith.

Some people give their lives for a dog or cat they care about because the animal is of the family, sometimes it is the animal themselves who save the owner.

People give their life to defend their serve to God, even for God if met with a situation, for they believe their name is in the book of Life and God will bring them back.

So it is no surprise that a Christian who give his or her life for another Christian.

I recall a story back then a little boy gave his life to stop a bomb from going off killing people close to him, hie Father, family and friends consider him a hero. Another young one who gave his life to stop those close to him from being killed by an out of control car, and he was very very young, I believe between the ages 5-7, for if it was not for him, those close to him would also be dead, and he is deemed as a hero.

And there are many, many examples.