The World News Media

"You can find the ‘waters of truth’ at your local Kingdom Hall"

Srecko Sostar

6 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

the fact that the Society has for a hundred years  provided 15% strong spiritual truths  mixed with 85% irrational cluelessness and false prophesies of various sorts, and clueless observations that make no sense

"clear, pure water of truth" ?? ...and famous question that can be hear from platform and in witnessing "Would you drink water from a glass with just one drop of poison in it?"

Water That Leads to Life

..."Jehovah’s Witnesses invite you to taste the pure waters of truth." .....

[Picture on page 9]

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102009003

• Views 613
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You are a thinking person. I'm sure that spending time in prison for reasons of conscience or religion will do that to you. I don't believe that Jehovah will forget the good works of all persons and r

"clear, pure water of truth" ?? ...and famous question that can be hear from platform and in witnessing "Would you drink water from a glass with just one drop of poison in it?"   Water That

Even if everything we taught doctrinally was incomplete or tainted with some error, I could still find truth in this statement just quoted. You can find waters of truth at your local Kingdom Hall, bec

4 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Even if everything we taught doctrinally was incomplete or tainted with some error, I could still find truth in this statement just quoted. You can find waters of truth at your local Kingdom Hall, because there are people of varying backgrounds and age and former beliefs who have come together to learn and be motivated by Christian activity and a Christian lifestyle. It's the "heart" (desires/motivation) of the individuals that makes it pure. Morally, we are a very clean people, and we give morality a very high priority.

There is a kind of joy in the oneness of purpose of the worldwide association of brothers and sisters. Racism and ageism is reduced to a minimum. Anyone would be willing to help out any other one. We are built up and encouraged by the experiences of others. In dire circumstances, we know we will be offering extra support to our brothers, and we can expect support from our brothers. We have come very close to recreating the first-century Christianity (even with its expectation flaws) in the twenty-first century.

Of course, I know there are specific exceptions here and there to all the good things we could say about Witnesses in general. And if we have been in other churches, religions or ideological associations, then we probably know that many of the things we cherish about the worldwide brotherhood are available even in a secular social club or band of brothers in an army platoon. But I think ours can go a little wider and deeper, meaning that we have support in a wider array of life situations and circumstances. And as to "depth," ideally, we should be willing to protect one another, or even give our life for one another as if we were all members of the same literal family.

As to doctrines, 85% or more appear absolutely correct to me. We still thirst for Bible knowledge from trusted sources. We assemble not just for the association, but because we hope to learn something new or be fortified anew by something we have nearly forgotten. But it's true we are often ready to believe all things to the point of excessive gullibility. Yet, if it were really true that the negative/positive ratio were 85%-15% then we'd be 'of all men most to be pitied.' But even on a day when I'm most ready to "make sure of all things," I can still run through one of the most recent Watchtowers and find very little that moves the needle on my "Beroean" sensors. I think it's our duty to point out where something seems unreasonable to us (or if the "food" might be spoiled now and then) but this should have almost no effect on our relationship with our brothers and sisters.

I'd love to see us remove what appears to be some of the more obvious errors from our doctrine, and that's my focus on this forum of course. We don't have that ability to discuss on jw.org or in the congregation.

3 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

For sure, we can find the truth on various places, among all sort of group of people. We can find the truth  even on the African plains, where the lion must eat the zebra to remain alive. And a zebra must exist so that a lion may have something to eat. And this "evidence" is a "proof" how The Truth looks like on this level. From this example, i am sure, you can understand where my thinking goes sometimes.

You are a thinking person. I'm sure that spending time in prison for reasons of conscience or religion will do that to you. I don't believe that Jehovah will forget the good works of all persons and religious persuasions. And I'm not one who believes we as Witnesses are handling every possible Christian ministry in the world that helps attract persons to Christianity. We are Christians, and we try to be the best we know how to be. We handle a particular ministry of evangelizing and teaching spreading knowledge and appreciation of the Bible, and of doing good for one another, especially those related to us in the faith, and we look for others who will share our particular faith and hope (paradise earth, etc.). Others may handle some of the charitable ministries in a better way, we constantly try to improve our teaching ministry. This takes nothing away from Albert Barnes or Matthew Henry or Tyndale or Wycliffe etc, who were key players in the past, and I would not doubt that there are many  individuals who excel at Christian teaching today, too. As you know the Watchtower often quotes from scholars and experts in many fields, including history, theology and Biblical studies, manuscripts, ancient languages, etc. 

3 hours ago, JW Insider said:

And I'm not one who believes we as Witnesses are handling every possible Christian ministry in the world that helps attract persons to Christianity.

What really attracts people to Christianity is God's word as found in the scripture and by extension on that, it is Jehovah God himself. 

"No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him" John 6:44

I sought out Jehovah's Witnesses because of what I read in the Bible. I was never "called on". I am sure that is the experience of many.

17 hours ago, Gone Away said:

"No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him" John 6:44

I sought out Jehovah's Witnesses because of what I read in the Bible. I was never "called on". I am sure that is the experience of many.

(Matthew 5:6) 6 “Happy are those hungering and thirsting for righteousness, since they will be filled.

It was really nice meeting you and hearing your views and benefiting from your encouragement.  Keep up the good work.

(Heb 6:10; Romans 8:38,39)

6 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

What do you think? Can an individual or organization possessing  the truth?

To one of the foundation stones of the living Temple of God, (1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16,17) Jesus said,

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. 13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.

“If you love Me, keep My commandments16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.”  John 14:12-18

To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”  John 8:31,32

“For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth)”  Eph 5:8,9

(John 3:19-21; 2 Pet 2:1-3; 2 Thess 2:9-12; Rom 1:25)

“As the truth of Christ is in me, no one shall stop me from this boasting in the regions of Achaia.” 2 Cor 11:10

“The Elder,

To the elect lady and her children, whom I love in truth, and not only I, but also all those who have known the truth, because of the truth which abides in us and will be with us forever” 2 John 1,2

“The Elder,

To the beloved Gaius, whom I love in truth:

Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers. For I rejoiced greatly when brethren came and testified of the truth that is in you, just as you walk in the truthI have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.”  3 John 1-4

“Thus says the Lord:

‘I will return to Zion,
And dwell in the midst of Jerusalem.
Jerusalem shall be called the City of Truth,
The Mountain of the Lord of hosts,
The Holy Mountain.’  Zech 8:3

“Then I looked, and behold, a Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His Father’s name written on their foreheads.”  Rev 14:1

“These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they remained virgins. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among mankind and offered as firstfruits to God and the Lamb. No lie was found in their mouths; they are blameless.”  Rev 14:4-5

“Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.”  Deut 11:18

“This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds.”

“Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth”  John 17:17

“And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.”  John 1:14

The entire Kingdom of God will be based on the Spirit of truth, which is the gift of life.  (“I am the way, the truth, and the life” John 14:6)  ALL of God’s children will come to know His Word.  John 4:24

“The Spirit (of truth) and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.”  Rev 22:17

“Whoever drinks from the water that I will give him will never get thirsty at all, but the water that I will give him will become in him a fountain of water bubbling up to impart everlasting life.”—JOHN 4:14. nwt

This morning i found post on my g+. And inside picture someone put this verse. And some sort of idea, "new light" came to my stupid head.

WT explaining that according to verses in Bible "faithful and discreet slave" is: 

10 Who, then, is the faithful and discreet slave? That slave is made up of a small group of anointed brothers who directly prepare and give out spiritual food during Christ’s presence. https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/402013533

Well, according to Jesus, His Water will become Fountain in YOU, as single person. If You drinks from His Water You became source for spiritual truth, food, water. 

By this verse in John something is very wrong in WT explanation how only "small group of anointed BROTHERS" (not sisters) aka GB are the only one who giving food, water that leads to Life. 

PS   Jesus told to Samaritan woman this words about source and water and life. He offered her to drink this everlasting water and as result of that, she will become source of water (without need to go to "fds" for spiritual food). Mutual encourage and sharing of this fountain water is not under restriction or obligation inside particular organized religion requirements .

On 9/23/2018 at 12:07 AM, Srecko Sostar said:

“Whoever drinks from the water that I will give him will never get thirsty at all, but the water that I will give him will become in him a fountain of water bubbling up to impart everlasting life.”—JOHN 4:14. nwt

This morning i found post on my g+. And inside picture someone put this verse. And some sort of idea, "new light" came to my stupid head.

WT explaining that according to verses in Bible "faithful and discreet slave" is: 

10 Who, then, is the faithful and discreet slave? That slave is made up of a small group of anointed brothers who directly prepare and give out spiritual food during Christ’s presence. https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/402013533

Well, according to Jesus, His Water will become Fountain in YOU, as single person. If You drinks from His Water You became source for spiritual truth, food, water. 

By this verse in John something is very wrong in WT explanation how only "small group of anointed BROTHERS" (not sisters) aka GB are the only one who giving food, water that leads to Life. 

PS   Jesus told to Samaritan woman this words about source and water and life. He offered her to drink this everlasting water and as result of that, she will become source of water (without need to go to "fds" for spiritual food). Mutual encourage and sharing of this fountain water is not under restriction or obligation inside particular organized religion requirements .

In a perfect scenario, the whole House of God, His Temple, (1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16,17; Eph 2:20-22) would be “faithful and discreet”. Of course, that will be fulfilled in the Kingdom.    WT has gradually shaved down just who they say are the F&D slaves, to include only themselves.  Fitting to prophesy about them, they have become the “wicked slave” beating down their fellow slaves by using their handy henchmen, the elder body, who have power and authority over the rest of God’s anointed, and all JWs.  Matt 24:48-51  How I wish JWs could see they are all enslaved to other masters– the governing body and elder body/organization. Isa 2:22 From one side of their mouth spouts an allegiance to God, from the other is required allegiance to an organization built on the money gained from the pockets of those who are captivated by “empty philosophy”.  They have deluded the anointed and all, that God is okay with this.  Hos 8:2,3; Matt 6:24; Col 2:6

“So likewise you, when you have done all those things which you are commanded, say, ‘We are unprofitable servants. We have done what was our duty to do.’ ”  Luke 17:10

The governing body members do not view themselves as a humble lot, or “unprofitable”, but are extremely confident in exalting their position with Christ. Yet, their “profit” comes from the one who offers the very status and treasures they now hold; certainly not from Christ who has no interest in earthly holdings.  Luke 4:7; 19:22; Matt 25:29-30  According to Christ, each slave must remain “on the vine” with him, to become a well of water “springing up” to impart everlasting life.  Matt 25:23; John 4:14; John 15:4-8   Satan has gradually corrupted Christ’s words through the WT, to mislead the last of those under the “woman covenant”. Gal 4:26; Rev 12:1-4  He has taken Jesus words and parables, giving them a new twist that ‘springs up’ as if living water, but is indeed, floodwaters of lies.  Rev 12:15,16; Luke 6:48,49

So the first of those who become this source of living water since Christ and during the last days, are the faithful  “virgins”, priests, prophets, teachers, etc., of God. Matt 25:10; 1 Pet 2:5,9; 2 Cor 11:2; 1 Cor 12:28,29;Rev 14:4,5  It is their duty to serve in this capacity as a sort of conduit imparting his living water to mankind.   Mal 2:7; 1 Tim 4:16   Jesus knew Satan’s charade was to occur in the last days through the Watchtower/Wild Beast and the false prophet/Beast with two horns.  He gave fair warning, explicitly telling us to examine the fruit of each slave, well aware of false prophets who leave their union with him, to serve themselves and their new master. Matt 7:15-20  Jesus does not expect us to accept just anyone, but only those who remain “on the vine”. If an anointed one regurgitates the same teachings issued by a false prophet who overpowers them, they are in danger of being permanently cut off from the source of living water, the source of Holy Spirit.   John 15:1,2; Matt 25:3; 16:26  He encourages us to seek out those ‘in him’, (John 6:56;17:20-23) and not choke down rotten fruit or teachings, with the hope they eventually improve with age, or I should say, disappear in time. I doubt a JW would buy a basket of fruit with moldy and rotten culls found among some nice specimens, at a premium cost. However, this is the case with those who remain in the WT. At the cost of their life’s dedication to an organization, they are spiritually starving, and they put up with it; because the organization makes the unsavory threat that everyone and every aspect of life as a JW will be lost, if they refuse to gulp down the bad along with the good. Rev 18:8; 2 Cor 11:19,20; Rev 13:11,15; Matt 10:39; 16:25

If each one of us accepts whom JESUS sends, we have perceived his words of truth and life.  Matt 10:42; Luke 9:48 If we are thirsty enough, we too become filled with living water.  Prov 13:14;18:4; Isa 48:18; Matt 5:6;  Rev 22:1,2 (“trees” represent the faithful anointed in Christ, Ps 1:1-3; Isa 41:17-20)