Jack Ryan

What If Everyone Who Ever Lived Was Resurrected?

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

Jack Ryan -
Melinda Mills -

Top Posters

@Jack Ryan 

• John 5:28-29 - (28) Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice (29) and come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment.
  • Revelation 21:4 - He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”
  • 1 Corinthians 15:26 - The last enemy to be destroyed is death.

And there's more.

What is a Bullfrog had wings .... would he bump his rump every time he took off?

Jehovah and his type are energy creatures, without DNA.

They do not need this Universe AT ALL.

So ..... why did Jehovah create THIS Universe?

Hmmmmmmm ?

For the sons and daughters of DNA ... there is a LOT of  Real Estate out there !

Once you get out of the Earth's gravity well ... you are half way to ANYWHERE!

7 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

What is a Bullfrog had wings .... would he bump his rump every time he took off?

So ..... why did Jehovah create THIS Universe?

Hmmmmmmm ?

For the sons and daughters of DNA ... there is a LOT of  Real Estate out there !

Once you get out of the Earth's gravity well ... you are half way to ANYWHERE!

Not only Bullfrogs, but what if.... Just what if pigs can truly fly? Whisk away into the heavens alongside birds and flying insects.

250px-Flying_Pig.jpg

The Chickens will be very jealous. For us of mankind this would be extremely bizarre to see, moreover, the phrase "when pigs fly" would have been literal this time.

(Luke 20:35) but those who have been counted worthy of gaining that system of things and the resurrection from the dead neither marry nor are given in marriage.

All will not be counted worth of a resurrection from the dead.

(John 5:28, 29) Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment.

Only those in God's memory will be resurrected - hence memorial tombs.

(2 Thessalonians 1:7-9) 7 But you who suffer tribulation will be given relief along with us at the revelation of the Lord Jesus from heaven with his powerful angels 8 in a flaming fire, as he brings vengeance on those who do not know God and those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus. 9 These very ones will undergo the judicial punishment of everlasting destruction from before the Lord and from the glory of his strength. . .

(Jude 7) 7 In the same manner, Sodʹom and Go·morʹrah and the cities around them also gave themselves over to gross sexual immorality and pursued unnatural fleshly desires; they are placed before us as a warning example by undergoing the judicial punishment of everlasting fire.

(Matthew 25:41) “Then he will say to those on his left: ‘Go away from me, you who have been cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the Devil and his angels.
(Matthew 25:46) These will depart into everlasting cutting-off, but the righteous ones into everlasting life.”

Second death, everlasting fire, everlasting destruction, annihilation  means these people who die are not in God's memory.

Just to confirm that all who have died will not get a resurrection.

God is not a man that he should tell lies, so we don't have to worry about the what ifs.

On 9/20/2018 at 5:48 PM, Melinda Mills said:

(Luke 20:35) but those who have been counted worthy of gaining that system of things and the resurrection from the dead neither marry nor are given in marriage.

All will not be counted worth of a resurrection from the dead.

(John 5:28, 29) Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment.

Only those in God's memory will be resurrected - hence memorial tombs.

(2 Thessalonians 1:7-9) 7 But you who suffer tribulation will be given relief along with us at the revelation of the Lord Jesus from heaven with his powerful angels 8 in a flaming fire, as he brings vengeance on those who do not know God and those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus. 9 These very ones will undergo the judicial punishment of everlasting destruction from before the Lord and from the glory of his strength. . .

(Jude 7) 7 In the same manner, Sodʹom and Go·morʹrah and the cities around them also gave themselves over to gross sexual immorality and pursued unnatural fleshly desires; they are placed before us as a warning example by undergoing the judicial punishment of everlasting fire.

(Matthew 25:41) “Then he will say to those on his left: ‘Go away from me, you who have been cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the Devil and his angels.
(Matthew 25:46) These will depart into everlasting cutting-off, but the righteous ones into everlasting life.”

Second death, everlasting fire, everlasting destruction, annihilation  means these people who die are not in God's memory.

Just to confirm that all who have died will not get a resurrection.

God is not a man that he should tell lies, so we don't have to worry about the what ifs.

Luke 20 v 35. I think you misuse that scripture. Surely that is saying those counted worthy of the heavenly calling will never marry... Because they will be spirit persons.... Or are you suggesting that humans will never marry in the 'New world' here on Earth. If so then isn't that going against God's 'original plan' for men and women ? 

Only those in God's memory will be resurrected - hence memorial tombs. Yes but not only good people. If the penalty of sin is death, then by dying surely a person had paid the price for their sins. Hence will they have the one thousand years to be taught Jehovah's ways and to change to becoming a 'servant of the true God' ? 

Matthew 25 v 41 Is talking about the judgement day ( Armageddon ) not those being resurrected. And people will be judged individually. There will be a judgement or testing at the end of the 1000 years for all humans. 

On 9/19/2018 at 9:48 AM, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Melinda Mills is correct .... technically Jehovah is from everlasting to everlasting ... only possible in a spacetime continuum without entropy and is not created.  He may possibly BE the non-entropic spacetime continuum, before the "Big Bang" created ours (?).

I agree with multiverse theory, so it's easy to reach that conclusion.

What If Everyone Who Ever Lived Was Resurrected?

John Butler, I was just answering the above question.  The points you made were valid but I was just touching the surface and answering the question re the possibility of everyone who ever lived being resurrected. 

The scriptures I used are merely addressing the "everyone" part.

12 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Melinda Mills is correct .... technically Jehovah is from everlasting to everlasting ... only possible in a spacetime continuum without entropy and is not created.  He may possibly BE the non-entropic spacetime continuum, before the "Big Bang" created ours (?).

I agree with multiverse theory, so it's easy to reach that conclusion.

Multi-verse? Last I checked we do not live in the DC and Marvel Superhero universe. Perhaps JTR of Earth-2133 is a billionaire who has bought both Microsoft and Apple on the same day and made his own financial empire, perhaps Bulter is Spiderman on that earth. I would probably be called Galaxy Merchant there, and maybe our president on that earth is Kermit the Frog, with a Mighty Morphin' Power Ranger named Tommy (Jason David Frank) as Vice President.

I wonder what is going on in Earth-2134?

All jokes aside, all men will be resurrected, the good and the bad. The bad will be placed in judgement, while the good will keep alive and live eternally.

1 hour ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

The Multiverse I was referring to was the 11 or so dimensions indicated by String Theory, a subset of Quantum Mechanics ... not the comic book Multiverse.

Heavy stuff dudes. 

If you like to hear what i mean then it is this;

If all people will be resurrect, then also all problems (heritage) that follows (were followed) life of every single resurrected person will come back to existence too. 

all :)) and all :(( will take place too

If somebody thinks, "when Kingdom come, 1000 years get start and all will be without problem",...he have a problem.

In transition process that will last 1000 years, if you believe, from imperfect to perfect condition... Who and What and Why will save you from Your mistakes, from wrong decisions, from sinful inclination and similar? Do you really think  how life without satan's influence will mean that population will not create problems in many life fields? Do you thing how God and angels will intervene in every of your and other people wrong move?? Do you think they will be willing to do that "tomorrow", but they are not willing to do that "today"?? 

1 hour ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Do you really think  how life without satan's influence will mean that population will not create problems in many life fields? Do you thing how God and angels will intervene in every of your and other people wrong move?? Do you think they will be willing to do that "tomorrow", but they are not willing to do that "today"?? 

Good questions, but read the following scriptures.   Isaiah 26:10 and Isaiah 65: 20. The ones who refuse to cooperate will not get to live to the end of the  1000 years.  It will be a government in which Jehovah's eminence will be seen.  Wickedness will not be allowed to prevail. Those who obey the Kingdom's laws and cooperate will be brought to perfection by the end of the thousand years. (See quote below.)

*** pe chap. 21 p. 178 par. 7 Judgment Day and Afterward ***
associate kings will judge humankind. People who choose to serve Jehovah will be in a position to receive everlasting life. But, even under these best of circumstances, some will refuse to serve God. As the Scriptures say: “Though the wicked one should be shown favor, he simply will not learn righteousness. In the land of straightforwardness he will act unjustly.” (Isaiah 26:10) So after being given full opportunity to change their ways and to learn righteousness, such wicked ones will be destroyed. Some will be put to death even before Judgment Day ends. (Isaiah 65:20) They will not be permitted to remain to corrupt or spoil the paradise earth. End Quote

Italics and bold text, mine

All jokes aside, all men will be resurrected, the good and the bad. The bad will be placed in judgement, while the good will keep alive and live eternally.--- Space Merchant

Re-read the scripture  you quoted at John 5: 28, 29   - righteous and unrighteous. 

Does not mean that all will be resurrected. Unrighteous people will be allowed to learn righteousness.  If they see the eminence of Jehovah and that his way of doing things is superior and for the good of all, most likely they will cooperate with the Kingdom arrangement and grow to perfection with the help of Jesus Christ and the 144,000 king-priests.  All will not like Jehovah's way of doing things.  See my comment above.

The other category is the wicked.  They will not be brought back. (See scriptures below, already referenced in a previous comment.)

17 hours ago, Melinda Mills said:

Good questions, but read the following scriptures.   Isaiah 26:1?0 and Isaiah 65: 20?. The ones who refuse to cooperate will not get to live to the end of the  1000 years.  It will be a government in which Jehovah's eminence? will be seen.  Wickedness will not be allowed to prevail. Those who obey the Kingdom's laws and cooperate will be brought to perfection by the end of the thousand years. (See quote below.)

*** pe chap. 21 p. 178 par. 7 Judgment Day and Afterward ***
associate kings will judge humankind. People who choose to serve Jehovah will be in a position to receive everlasting life. But, even under these best of circumstances, some will refuse to serve God. As the Scriptures say: “Though the wicked one should be shown favor, he simply will not learn righteousness. In the land of straightforwardness he will act unjustly.” (Isaiah 26:10) So after being given full opportunity to change their ways and to learn righteousness, such wicked ones will be destroyed. Some will be put to death even before Judgment Day ends. (Isaiah 65:20) They will not be permitted to remain to corrupt or spoil the paradise earth. End Quote

Italics and bold text, mine

"But when grace is shown to the wicked,  they do not learn righteousness; even in a land of uprightness they go on doing evil  and do not regard the majesty of the Lord." - Is. 26:10

It is strange to connect this Isaiah verse with “I have hope toward God . . . that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.”—Act 24:15.

I wonder how it is even possible that wicked will be in 1000 years Kingdom?? By surviving Armageddon or by resurrection!?!?

1) JWorg say how "only" JW and people who support JHVH (sheep like ones) will survive Armageddon.

2) JWorg teach how (based on Act 24:15) unrighteous people will resurrect too. Unrighteous NOT Wicked. So, conclusion is that wicked ones will not be present in 1000 years Kingdom.

It is very, very big difference do you only/just unrighteous or do you wicked !!!!!!!

Something is wrong with explanation in Paradise book (Live forever) and implementation of Isaiah verses in that context.  

What do you think? :)

Read over all the comments, but especially mine to Space Merchant, in which I said the wicked will not be there based on the scriptures from Jesus and others.

Unrighteous people are not categorised as wicked.   They do wrong things due to lack of knowledge or being brought up in a society which does not know God's laws.  Note the experiences in the various Yearbooks with people who were violent and became lamb-like on learning the truth.  For example, note the attitude of the thief beside Jesus on the torture stake: He had respect for Jesus and faith in Jesus coming Kingdom, and he knew Jesus did nothing wrong, whereas the other thief  mocked Jesus and was disrespectful although he was about to die. Jesus knew the difference, as he could read hearts. He said the thief that asked Jesus to remember him will  be in Paradise with him (the earthly realm of the paradise).

I don't think you are reading and meditating, I think you are too quick to ask someone else, and to ask questions that were already answered.

• Similar Content

• By The Librarian
      JW Outline Talk The Resurrection.mp4
      Added to the list:

• By Jack Ryan
      *Loophole 1* - A woman has a miscarriage, or in many cases, various miscarriages. How will those unborn babies be resurrected? And before you say that their god will bless her with those children like he did with his main man, Job, let's assume she is bird food at Armageddon. How will all those babies that died during a miscarriage (or, even an abortion) get resurrected?
      *Loophole 2* - A 15-year-old girl became a JW martyr and died while giving birth to a girl due to not accepting blood. The girl lives for 40 years and then Armageddon comes. New System (lol...funny name) is in full force and the 15-year-old girl pops out of the ground (resurrected). She will be greeted by her daughter who is more than twice her age?
      *Loophole 3* - A 10-year-old boy from an Amazonian Indian tribe dies one day before the Big A (lucky). His whole tribe and everyone he knows are slaughtered during Armageddon. Who will greet him when he is resurrected? If the JW interpretation of the Bible were real (for the record, I don't follow any religion), I would imagine that their will be a ton of orphans, scared with no one familiar to hug them or care for them. What a sad prospect....
      ...on the other hand, at least they will be able to hug a panda.
      via BrianFofinho
    • By Jesus.defender
      CHRIST’S BODILY RESURRECTION ‘I have power to take it again’Jn 10:18
      Watchtower Teaching: ‘Jesus was raised to life as an invisible spirit. He did not take up again that body in which he had been killed . . .’ ‘Let your Name be sanctified.’ (p.266).
      The Watchtower teaches that Jesus’ body was disposed of by God.
      The NWT mistranslates I Peter 3:18 as ‘being put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit’ to teach merely a spiritual resurrection of Christ.
      Bible Teaching: I Peter 3:18 refers to when Christ died. His Spirit went and preached to spirits in prison (v. 19,20). After three days, Christ’s physical body was raised.
      I Peter 3:18 (KJV) correctly reads: ‘being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit.’
      Which Scriptures best teach Christ’s bodily resurrection?
      1. ‘They were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.’ (v.37) He said unto them, ‘Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.’ (Luke 24:37, 39)
      Notice that the resurrected Christ says here that:
      (1) He is not a spirit;
      (2) His resurrection body has flesh and bones;
      (3) His physical hands and feet are proof of His physical resurrection;
      Jesus is trying to convince them that He, ‘I myself’ has a permanent physical body which still had the nail scars in His hands and feet. This is opposite to the WT teaching that Christ’s body was disposed of and that He became only a spirit. If the WT claim was correct, then
      Jesus would be deceiving the disciples here in showing them His body.
      2. ‘Then saith he to Thomas, . . . reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.’ (John 20:27)
      Here Jesus says that He has a physical side that He challenges Thomas to touch.
      3. ‘Neither did his flesh see corruption.’ - Acts 2:30,31
      Notice the following:
      a) God promised David that ‘according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ’ to sit on his throne.’ (v.30). This is a bodily resurrection of Christ, not spiritual. The NWT omits this because of its corrupt Westcott-Hort Greek text. Well over 38 manuscripts have it.
      b) ‘neither did his flesh see corruption’ (v.31) means that Christ’s body did not decay.
      Why? Because Jesus was raised from the dead in a material, fleshly body.
      4. ‘I will raise it up . . . he spake of the temple of his body.’ - John 2:19-21
      ‘Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up (v.19). But he spake of the temple of his body.’ (v.21)
      Jesus here promised that He Himself would raise up His own body after three days.
      Notice how Jesus uses the word ‘body’ meaning a bodily resurrection, not a spiritual resurrection.
      5. Christ promises to eat of the fruit of the vine in the Kingdom. Only a body can eat.
      ‘I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the Kingdom of God shall come.’(Luke 22:18)
      Jesus here showed that his resurrected body would be able to eat and drink even in the Kingdom of God. Notice that a non-material spirit cannot eat and drink. Jesus promised the disciples in Luke 22:30 ‘that ye may eat and drink at my table in my Kingdom.’
      Question: If Jesus expected to become an immaterial spirit, why would He promise the disciples that they would eat and drink with Christ at His table in His Kingdom?
      6. Christ ate a broiled fish and a honeycomb in front of them. Luke 24:41,42.
      7. ‘he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies’. Rom. 8:11
      As Christ’s body was raised physically from the dead, so shall our mortal bodies be raised.
      8. His resurrection body could ‘breathe on them’(John 20:22). A spirit cannot breathe, can it?
      9. ‘His feet shall stand in that day upon the Mount of Olives...’ Zechariah 14:4
      A spirit does not have feet. Only a physical body has feet as Jesus has at His second coming.
      10. ‘One shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands?’ Zechariah 13:6
      Question: How can a non-material spirit have wounds in his hands which can be observed?
      11. The resurrected, glorified Christ touched John, laying his right hand on him. Rev. 1:17
      Watchtower Objection: JWs quote I Corinthians 15:44,50 to support their claim that Jesus was raised from the dead as a spirit creature:
      a) ‘It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.’ (v.44)
      b) ‘flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God.’ (v.50). JWs claim that Jesus must have had a spiritual resurrection, because flesh-and-blood bodies cannot exist in heaven.
      They claim that mortality and corruption belong to the fleshly body.
      Bible Teaching:
      a) The Greek word for body, ‘soma’ (4983), always means a material body, an organised whole made up of parts, when used of a person (Zodhiates, NT Word Study,p.1358). The spiritual
      body in I Cor.15:44 is not an immaterial body, but a supernatural, spirit-dominated body.
      It is a body directed by the spirit, as opposed to a body under the dominion of the flesh.
      There are no exceptions to Paul using ‘soma’ for a material body.
      Paul even refers to a believer as a ‘spiritual’ man who judges all things (I Cor. 2:15), yet Paul did not mean an immaterial invisible man with no physical body.
      He meant a spirit-controlled man with a flesh and blood body.
      QUESTION: In I Corinthians 2:15 (‘He that is spiritual judgeth all things’), is Paul discussing an invisible spirit creature or a material, flesh-and-blood human? Can you see that being ‘spiritual’ does not demand a non-material body? The same is true in I Corinthians 15:44.
      b) Key: In v.50 ‘flesh and blood’ is an idiom meaning that mortal, perishable, earth-bound
      humans, as we are now, cannot have a place in God’s glorious, heavenly Kingdom.
      c) ‘this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.’v.53
      Nothing is taken away from us (materialness). Instead immortality is ‘put on’ or added to us.
      Question: Don’t the words ‘put on’ mean adding something to humanity (that is immortality),
      not taking away something from humanity (our material body)?
      Conclusion: Since Christ’s resurrected body could eat, drink, breathe (John 20:22), show His hands and feet with scars (Luke 24:40), be touched, and have flesh and bones (Luke 24:39), it is certain that this body was a material body. This is especially true since Jesus corrected the disciples’ misconception that they had seen a spirit (Luke 24:37).
      For the JWs to say that a body is not a body, is their last resort of redefining common words.

• By Jack Ryan
      First off, Witnesses basically believe in an immortal soul, though they would be offended at that statement. They get around the issue by calling it "Jehovah's memory". An instance of this is in the Watchtower (w07 11/1 p. 26 par. 16) where it says:
      So, for example, let's say that some pioneer elder who has fifteen kids (that he's successfully raised in the 'Truth') dies tragically while doing business territory and helping an old lady cross the street. He's pretty much guaranteed a spot on the ole list, so he gets 'remembered' by Jehovah and his wife and kids.
      Time passes, Great Tribulation comes and goes, Armageddon happens with lots of screaming and pain and clergymen getting crushed by collapsing steeples. New System arrives. (Geez! Took long enough!) Now it's resurrection time.
      So Jehovah consults his list and sees our elder's name (we'll call him GA for 'Good Associate' and decides it's time to bring GA back.
      So what happens? Does Jehovah scrounge around for all of GA's molecules and put them together again? Nope, that part of him is gone (and potentially being used in other humans - Ewwww!!!). The Watchtower explains (w00 7/15 p. 16 par. 2):
      So Jehovah doesn't need to search for anything - that's great news! He can just sink a shovel in the dirt and get all he needs to build a hunky bod for GA. He gets to work and makes our buddy a body.
      So now God is standing there with a lifeless assembled corpse in front of him. What's next? Oh, right. We need crank this thing up and get it started. This is where it gets interesting, and complicated... and confusing... The Reasoning book (rs p. 333) says:
      So GA gets infused with his own personal identity. What is that? I don't know. No, seriously, I don't know. It's not his body, that's already been discussed. Is it his memories? No, because that's just GA's memories, that's not GA, you can download them into anyone or everyone. Is it his personality? That's not GA either, that's just wiring. What the heck is GA?!?
      To put this into perspective, let's put ourselves in GA's wife's shoes. Here is her resurrected hubby, young and hot, and just like she remembered (she's hot too btw). But how does she know it's him?  How does she know it's not just some conglomeration of molecules that was downloaded with GA's memories and wired to act like GA? She doesn't! And GA's no help either, because all he can remember is the good things about being GA. So neither of them know if GA is the real deal. They're both useless!
      And to really complicate things the Insight book (it-2 p. 786) says:
      Wait! What?!? Now, to be fair, this sentence is in a paragraph about those with the creepy heavenly calling. But it specifically says that the soul is different than the body - it's the person, apart from the body. In fact, it sounds a lot different than just being in Jehovah's memory. If I take GA's soul and put it back into some body (any body) - that's GA? Apparently, but don't ask me to explain, cuz' I don't get it. To me, it sounds like something survived when GA's body didn't, and when that got implanted in a new body it became new GA.
      This brings us back to Witnesses believe in an immortal soul. They really really want to believe that their dead loved ones will live again. But they also believe that there isn't anything that actually is the person, just memories in Jehovah's head. In that case, they can never be sure that their resurrected loved ones are who they used to be. This would terrify them if they ever took the time to think about it. But thankfully we can rest assured that Witnesses won't think about this and therefore we won't ever have to talk about GA ever again.
    • By The Librarian
      Antonio Timothy - The Resurrection Hope--Why That Hope Should Be Real to You.mp3
      Agape!
      @The Librarian
    • By DeeDee
      Can anyone explain this to me?: Rev. 20:5 -- “(The rest of the dead did not come to life until the 1,000 years were ended.)…”?

I thought that our loved ones will be resurrected DURING the 1,000 years…
      Does it maybe mean that they do not come to “everlasting life” until the 1,000 years are ended?

Full Scripture for Reference: (Revelation 20:4, 5) And I saw thrones, and those who sat on them were given authority to judge. Yes, I saw the souls of those executed for the witness they gave about Jesus and for speaking about God, and those who had not worshipped the wild beast or its image and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand. And they came to life and ruled as kings with the Christ for 1,000 years. 5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the 1,000 years were ended.) This is the first resurrection.
    • By DeeDee
      Can anyone explain this to me?...Rev. 20:5 --
      “(The rest of the dead did not come to life until the 1,000 years were ended.)…”?
      I thought that our loved ones will be resurrected DURING the 1,000 years…
      Does it maybe mean that they do not come to “everlasting life” until the 1,000 years are ended?

Full Scripture for Reference: (Revelation 20:4, 5) And I saw thrones, and those who sat on them were given authority to judge. Yes, I saw the souls of those executed for the witness they gave about Jesus and for speaking about God, and those who had not worshipped the wild beast or its image and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand. And they came to life and ruled as kings with the Christ for 1,000 years. 5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the 1,000 years were ended.) This is the first resurrection.
    • By Brother Rando
      Many religions teach an array of traditions and customs from reincarnation to entering into another realm. Should we put our trust into traditions and customs?   “In the sweat of your face you will eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return.” (Genesis 3:19)“For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten.” (Ecclesiastes 9:5)“ Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out,” (John 5:28)“And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.” (Rev 21:4)    Would you like to learn more? 
    • By Bible Speaks
      THE HOPE OF THE RESURRECTION 
      The devil can not prevent the resurrection of those in Jehovah's memory. 
      16 "At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion, and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening. And a book of remembrance was written before himfor those fearing Jehovah and for those meditating on his name. (Mal 3:16)
      28 "Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice"
      29 "and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment." (John 6:28,29)
      15 "And I have hope toward God, which hope these men also look forward to, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous."      (Acts 24:15)

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
    • By JayDubya
      When our brothers lose a loved one, we often say, 'at least we have the resurrection hope.'  This is true, however, the Bible refers to death as a 'sting'.   It hurts and it doesn't go away as quickly as a bee.   
      I lost two parents in 20 days- Two funerals in 30 days.  At least I have the resurrection hope.   

• By Jesus.defender
      CHRIST’S BODILY RESURRECTION ‘I have power to take it again’Jn 10:18
      Watchtower Teaching: ‘Jesus was raised to life as an invisible spirit. He did not take up again that body in which he had been killed . . .’ ‘Let your Name be sanctified.’ (p.266).
      The Watchtower teaches that Jesus’ body was disposed of by God.
      The NWT mistranslates I Peter 3:18 as ‘being put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit’ to teach merely a spiritual resurrection of Christ.
      Bible Teaching: I Peter 3:18 refers to when Christ died. His Spirit went and preached to spirits in prison (v. 19,20). After three days, Christ’s physical body was raised.
      I Peter 3:18 (KJV) correctly reads: ‘being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit.’
      Which Scriptures best teach Christ’s bodily resurrection?
      1. ‘They were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.’ (v.37) He said unto them, ‘Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.’ (Luke 24:37, 39)
      Notice that the resurrected Christ says here that:
      (1) He is not a spirit;
      (2) His resurrection body has flesh and bones;
      (3) His physical hands and feet are proof of His physical resurrection;
      Jesus is trying to convince them that He, ‘I myself’ has a permanent physical body which still had the nail scars in His hands and feet. This is opposite to the WT teaching that Christ’s body was disposed of and that He became only a spirit. If the WT claim was correct, then
      Jesus would be deceiving the disciples here in showing them His body.
      2. ‘Then saith he to Thomas, . . . reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.’ (John 20:27)
      Here Jesus says that He has a physical side that He challenges Thomas to touch.
      3. ‘Neither did his flesh see corruption.’ - Acts 2:30,31
      Notice the following:
      a) God promised David that ‘according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ’ to sit on his throne.’ (v.30). This is a bodily resurrection of Christ, not spiritual. The NWT omits this because of its corrupt Westcott-Hort Greek text. Well over 38 manuscripts have it.
      b) ‘neither did his flesh see corruption’ (v.31) means that Christ’s body did not decay.
      Why? Because Jesus was raised from the dead in a material, fleshly body.
      4. ‘I will raise it up . . . he spake of the temple of his body.’ - John 2:19-21
      ‘Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up (v.19). But he spake of the temple of his body.’ (v.21)
      Jesus here promised that He Himself would raise up His own body after three days.
      Notice how Jesus uses the word ‘body’ meaning a bodily resurrection, not a spiritual resurrection.
      5. Christ promises to eat of the fruit of the vine in the Kingdom. Only a body can eat.
      ‘I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the Kingdom of God shall come.’(Luke 22:18)
      Jesus here showed that his resurrected body would be able to eat and drink even in the Kingdom of God. Notice that a non-material spirit cannot eat and drink. Jesus promised the disciples in Luke 22:30 ‘that ye may eat and drink at my table in my Kingdom.’
      Question: If Jesus expected to become an immaterial spirit, why would He promise the disciples that they would eat and drink with Christ at His table in His Kingdom?
      6. Christ ate a broiled fish and a honeycomb in front of them. Luke 24:41,42.
      7. ‘he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies’. Rom. 8:11
      As Christ’s body was raised physically from the dead, so shall our mortal bodies be raised.
      8. His resurrection body could ‘breathe on them’(John 20:22). A spirit cannot breathe, can it?
      9. ‘His feet shall stand in that day upon the Mount of Olives...’ Zechariah 14:4
      A spirit does not have feet. Only a physical body has feet as Jesus has at His second coming.
      10. ‘One shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands?’ Zechariah 13:6
      Question: How can a non-material spirit have wounds in his hands which can be observed?
      11. The resurrected, glorified Christ touched John, laying his right hand on him. Rev. 1:17
      Watchtower Objection: JWs quote I Corinthians 15:44,50 to support their claim that Jesus was raised from the dead as a spirit creature:
      a) ‘It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.’ (v.44)
      b) ‘flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God.’ (v.50). JWs claim that Jesus must have had a spiritual resurrection, because flesh-and-blood bodies cannot exist in heaven.
      They claim that mortality and corruption belong to the fleshly body.
      Bible Teaching:
      a) The Greek word for body, ‘soma’ (4983), always means a material body, an organised whole made up of parts, when used of a person (Zodhiates, NT Word Study,p.1358). The spiritual
      body in I Cor.15:44 is not an immaterial body, but a supernatural, spirit-dominated body.
      It is a body directed by the spirit, as opposed to a body under the dominion of the flesh.
      There are no exceptions to Paul using ‘soma’ for a material body.
      Paul even refers to a believer as a ‘spiritual’ man who judges all things (I Cor. 2:15), yet Paul did not mean an immaterial invisible man with no physical body.
      He meant a spirit-controlled man with a flesh and blood body.
      QUESTION: In I Corinthians 2:15 (‘He that is spiritual judgeth all things’), is Paul discussing an invisible spirit creature or a material, flesh-and-blood human? Can you see that being ‘spiritual’ does not demand a non-material body? The same is true in I Corinthians 15:44.
      b) Key: In v.50 ‘flesh and blood’ is an idiom meaning that mortal, perishable, earth-bound
      humans, as we are now, cannot have a place in God’s glorious, heavenly Kingdom.
      c) ‘this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.’v.53
      Nothing is taken away from us (materialness). Instead immortality is ‘put on’ or added to us.
      Question: Don’t the words ‘put on’ mean adding something to humanity (that is immortality),
      not taking away something from humanity (our material body)?
      Conclusion: Since Christ’s resurrected body could eat, drink, breathe (John 20:22), show His hands and feet with scars (Luke 24:40), be touched, and have flesh and bones (Luke 24:39), it is certain that this body was a material body. This is especially true since Jesus corrected the disciples’ misconception that they had seen a spirit (Luke 24:37).
      For the JWs to say that a body is not a body, is their last resort of redefining common words.

• By io.porog
      Who will call the dead to life? Who is doing the calling in these scriptures?
      Because my friend thinks Jesus is the one who will do the calling, but thought it was God going by Job and John here:
      Job 14: 13 O that in the Grave you would conceal me,
      That you would hide me until your anger passes by,
      That you would set a time limit for me and remember me!
      14 If a man dies, can he live again?
      I will wait all the days of my compulsory service
      Until my relief comes.
      15 You will call, and I will answer you.
      You will long for the work of your hands.

John 5: 28 Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice 

It would seem that Jehovah does the calling. But please let me know if I have this wrong and please provide references. Thanks.
    • By JAMMY
      http://www.mymodernmet.com/profiles/blogs/bios-incube
  • Who Was Online   87 Users were Online in the Last 24 Hours   (Most members ever online in 24 hour was 92, last accomplished on .)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    crowdsourcing
    Newest Member
    crowdsourcing

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.