The World News Media

At what moment "The Truth" has ceased to be "The Truth"?

Srecko Sostar

Just one of many changes WT made in recent years. 

19 In review, what have we learned? In the beginning of this article, we raised three “when” questions. We first considered that the great tribulation did not begin in 1914 but will start when the United Nations attacks Babylon the Great. Then, we reviewed why Jesus’ judgment of the sheep and the goats did not begin in 1914 but will occur during the great tribulation. Finally, we examined why Jesus’ arrival to appoint the faithful slave over all his belongings did not occur in 1919 but will take place during the great tribulation. So, then, all three “whens” apply to the same future time period—the great tribulation. How does this adjusted view further affect our understanding of the illustration of the faithful slave? Also, how does it affect our understanding of other parables, or illustrations, of Jesus that are being fulfilled during this time of the end? These important questions will be considered in the following articles.

source of paragraph: https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2013530

Here in this paragraph we see just some of many changes from past teachings in Watchtower ideology.

Well, questions are as follow:

What is The Truth?
Can The Truth Stop To Be True?
Does The Truth have the Owner?
Why do some people like to claim that Only They know a Certain Truth?
Does some Truth exists outside of our awareness of the existence of such truth?
Why do we argue how some Truth or Truths can never change?
Why can not we name The Truth, which has ceased to be true, that it is a Lie or at least Not The Truth?

Do these truths from paragraph 19 cease to be true on the day of publication in the Watchtower Journal on July 15 2013 or are they, in fact, have never been The Truth?

• Views 17.8k
  • Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I understand your points and you have expressed them very well. I will address each point you raised separately, but first I just want to mention a few general things which have perhaps shaped the per

Hey Brother Billie..your way out on this....it is undeniable if you watched the ARC...we as a people were found to have faulty policies...that’s a fact..we were forced to ammend them. Kids suffer

I think this point showed excellent insight. I wondered if this is what you meant from the start. The very context shows that the type of leadership in this case is more like the local elders rather t

Posted Images

We come to know the "ring" of truth as we study it prayerfully and diligently. Our minds and hearts accept the logic as facts fall in to place clearly. Jehovah's holy spirit opens our minds and hearts wide to understand what we are reading. Right food at it's proper time. Then, what's unique above all, is how the Bible's teachings are accepted by millions of people in just the same way as we believe, in our time. This is unifying and Jehovah liberates us from a world of division by what Jesus said at John 17:17: "Your word is the truth." The Bible is God's expression, breathed into the mind of men, handpicked by him to accomplish this beautiful guide for life. It's a comfort to hear our Father's voice when we read the Bible.

6 minutes ago, Martha Braun Amistadi said:

We come to know the "ring" of truth as we study it prayerfully and diligently. Our minds and hearts accept the logic as facts fall in to place clearly. Jehovah's holy spirit opens our minds and hearts wide to understand what we are reading. Right food at it's proper time. Then, what's unique above all, is how the Bible's teachings are accepted by millions of people in just the same way as we believe, in our time. This is unifying and Jehovah liberates us from a world of division by what Jesus said at John 17:17: "Your word is the truth." The Bible is God's expression, breathed into the mind of men, handpicked by him to accomplish this beautiful guide for life. It's a comfort to hear our Father's voice when we read the Bible.

thanks for respond 

• 1 month later...

At what moment "The Truth" has ceased to be "The Truth"?

In a nutshell .... "The Truth" has ceased to be "The Truth", when best guesses, and opinions are represented as exclusive direction and revelations from God ...... without qualifying clearly and unambiguously that they are ONLY best guesses, and considered opinions.

There is of course a VERY serious problem with being direct and honest with people with whom you publish your opinions to ... IF ... if  you DO NOT represent your thinking as the directed " Voice of God" ...

.... they will not give you money, and you will miss meals, and sleep cold at night ... or have to get a REAL job... and you will not be revered as a wise person (or persons).

The next thing on the list is that you have to seriously disparage getting more than a basic education to those you are deluding ... for fear that they will become smarter than you, and figure this out.

... and you lose MONEY!

There is a LOT of money, prestiege, accolades, and status  to be had  in making yourself into a fortune teller, Shaman, Witch Doctor, Snake-Oil Salesman, Prophet, Prognosticator, Savant, Priest, Counselor, Governing Body, or Elder.

A LOT of money!

Technically ... it may not be yours ... but you control it ... without any accountability whatsoever, to those footing the bill.

Not your "followers".

Not even the IRS.

... even if you have taken a vow of poverty ... you fly Business Class, and stay in very fine hotels, sleep warm, eat well, and have a staff to do anything you want done.

It is a VERY FINE OCCUPATION, much to be sought after, .... if you can keep up the razzle-dazzle .... and keep down your gag reflex.

On 9/18/2018 at 9:19 PM, Martha Braun Amistadi said:

We come to know the "ring" of truth as we study it prayerfully and diligently. Our minds and hearts accept the logic as facts fall in to place clearly. Jehovah's holy spirit opens our minds and hearts wide to understand what we are reading. Right food at it's proper time. Then, what's unique above all, is how the Bible's teachings are accepted by millions of people in just the same way as we believe, in our time.

1) study it

many JW study Bible, but how it is possible that also many of them not saw "errors" in doctrines for all this decades. How is possible that many JW accepted so many teaching and instructions that was later been abandoned? Well it seems how something is/was lacking in our personal Bible study for all these years "in the truth".

2) accept the logic as facts  

as we all are witnesses to that too, wrong logic can deceive us.

3) holy spirit opens our minds and hearts wide to understand 

do you talking, in this statement, about "to be inspired" by God? If you are, than this is contrariwise, in opposition to GB claim how them, as anointed ones, are not inspired by holy spirit. If anointed are not inspired, how non-anointed can be inspired? To confuse and make foggy on all this, that same GB teaching how, despite the fact they are "not inspired by spirit", they are "guided by spirit". :)) 

4) unique above all, is how the Bible's teachings are accepted by millions of people in just the same way

It is "unique" too, how people in some periods of time accepted also some teachings and was been deceived. Modern examples are; Nazi ideology and era when millions of German people followed Fuhrer, or Communism ideology in east Europe or more better example is China people or North Korea. Millions of people accepted teachings in same way. Capitalism is also unique ideology for millions worldwide.   

On 9/18/2018 at 12:19 PM, Martha Braun Amistadi said:

We come to know the "ring" of truth as we study it prayerfully and diligently. 

The first “ring of truth” may be authentic; the succeeding peals could be deadly.

“Will a bird fall into a snare on the earth, where there is no trap for it?
Will a snare spring up from the earth, if it has caught nothing at all?”  Amos 3:5

‘For among My people are found wicked men;
They lie in wait as one who sets snares;
They set a trap;
They catch men.”  Jer 5:26

Of what importance is loyalty to Jehovahˈs organization?   If we truly appreciate Jehovah’s earthly organization, we will remain loyal to it, knowing that the organization is his.  w73 7/1 pp. 401-407

Now is the time to flee from doomed Christendom and find refuge in Jehovah’s organization. w50 7/1 pp. 195-198

“refuge in Jehovah’s organization”?

On 9/18/2018 at 12:26 PM, Srecko Sostar said:

Our minds and hearts accept the logic as facts fall in to place clearly.

Please, see the logic: 

“Who will you compare me or make me equal to?
Who will you measure Me with,
so that we should be like each other? 

Remember what happened long ago,
for I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and no one is like Me."  Isa 46:5,9

"God, hear my voice when I am in anguish.
Protect my life from the terror of the enemy.
Hide me from the scheming of wicked people,
from the mob of evildoers,
who sharpen their tongues like swords
and aim bitter words like arrows,
shooting from concealed places at the blameless.
They shoot at him suddenly and are not afraid.
They adopt an evil plan;
they talk about hiding traps and say,
“Who will see them?” 
They devise crimes and say,
“We have perfected a secret plan.”
The inner man and the heart are mysterious.

But God will shoot them with arrows;
suddenly, they will be wounded.
They will be made to stumble;
their own tongues work against them.
All who see them will shake their heads.
Then everyone will fear
and will tell about God’s work,
for they will understand what he has done.

10 The righteous one rejoices in the Lord
and
takes refuge in Him;
all those who are upright in heart
will offer praise.”  Ps 64

On 10/30/2018 at 4:24 AM, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

There is a LOT of money, prestiege, accolades, and status  to be had  in making yourself into a fortune teller, Shaman, Witch Doctor, Snake-Oil Salesman, Prophet, Prognosticator, Savant, Priest, Counselor, Governing Body, or Elder.

A LOT of money!

Technically ... it may not be yours ... but you control it ... without any accountability whatsoever, to those footing the bill.

Not your "followers".

Not even the IRS.

... even if you have taken a vow of poverty ... you fly Business Class, and stay in very fine hotels, sleep warm, eat well, and have a staff to do anything you want done.

It is a VERY FINE OCCUPATION, much to be sought after, .... if you can keep up the razzle-dazzle .... and keep down your gag reflex.

Take heart, change is afoot.

“And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.”

Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.  But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.  Rev 22:12-15

On 9/18/2018 at 2:20 PM, Srecko Sostar said:

Just one of many changes WT made in recent years. 

19 In review, what have we learned? In the beginning of this article, we raised three “when” questions. We first considered that the great tribulation did not begin in 1914 but will start when the United Nations attacks Babylon the Great. Then, we reviewed why Jesus’ judgment of the sheep and the goats did not begin in 1914 but will occur during the great tribulation. Finally, we examined why Jesus’ arrival to appoint the faithful slave over all his belongings did not occur in 1919 but will take place during the great tribulation. So, then, all three “whens” apply to the same future time period—the great tribulation. How does this adjusted view further affect our understanding of the illustration of the faithful slave? Also, how does it affect our understanding of other parables, or illustrations, of Jesus that are being fulfilled during this time of the end? These important questions will be considered in the following articles.

source of paragraph: https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2013530

But the irony here is we know Jehovah's Witnesses, Bible Student at the time, believed Jesus to become King and both the existing and non-existing Christian denominations stood by the Bible Students. Furthermore, it is not unknown to anyone what the War in Heaven was all about and what happen in 1914, for it was not war only that took place, a great sickness and several earthquakes took place that steam for some years, this is not unknown to anyone.

Here in this paragraph we see just some of many changes from past teachings in Watchtower ideology.

Their Christology as always been the same if you understood the pastor of the Bible Students, Russell's, study and application of Jesus becoming a King that year. For if it had changed, the gospel would have ceased prior to what happen, for even the JWs know that a time will come when their preaching will cease - which was not he case.

I posted here before of all existing and non-existing faiths that shared that same view of Jesus becoming a King in that time and Satan's cast out resulting in the sickness, war and death that took place all in 1914 at a grand scale.

What is The Truth?

The truth stems from the very inspired Scriptures from the Bible. For it is used to teach, to profess, and to give/take insight (2 Timothy 3:16)

Can The Truth Stop To Be True?

No, it cannot. After what went down mid-2015, the truth about God will prevail, nothing can stop it, for God's Word triumphs all who try to change and or stop it. As did our Church Fathers who defended the truth, as do us all who know what is the truth.

Does The Truth have the Owner?

God the Father, the one and only El Shaddai. He is the God of our Lord, Christ Jesus, he is the God of me, and he is the God of you.

Praise Yah.

Why do some people like to claim that Only They know a Certain Truth?

Because from the 4th century and onward, falsehood at entered into the teachings. So there is 2 factions, those with the truth and those who do not have the truth, and both faction consist of groups.

So those who claim they know and or have the truth, speaks the truth if they adhere to the teachings of the Church and apply it by means of ministering, preaching, what have you.

Does some Truth exists outside of our awareness of the existence of such truth?

No because others who claim to have the truth do not have it. They abide by the accursed teachings that are not of the Church and will do anything and everything to justify it as truth when it is not i.e. religious authority is solely men and not women but they preach women can do the same when it is against God's Order, moreover, they will go above and beyond to say you are shaming women and or being ungodly because of defending God's order. We also have those who have the Bible to defend and justify homosexuality, altering Paul's Words or what happen in Sodom and Gomorrah.

Among all things, one of the things that is against the true is the Trinity.

Why do we argue how some Truth or Truths can never change?

The real truth can never change, if anything, those who study the truth make adjustment to Christ-life lifestyle and application of Scripture, especially in times when things are changing and new things from the Bible is learned.

Why can not we name The Truth, which has ceased to be true, that it is a Lie or at least Not The Truth?

Because one can tell what is truth and what is not truth. God allows those who can see and understand the truth, inasmuch, to apply said truth. And when a truth is known, nothing will stop God's people from what is true in this imperfect world.

Do these truths from paragraph 19 cease to be true on the day of publication in the Watchtower Journal on July 15 2013 or are they, in fact, have never been The Truth?

Well you have the book right there, it shouldn't be hard to see what it is conveying. But you are one to not read into things as with all discussions.

On 11/1/2018 at 2:18 AM, Srecko Sostar said:

1) study it

many JW study Bible, but how it is possible that also many of them not saw "errors" in doctrines for all this decades. How is possible that many JW accepted so many teaching and instructions that was later been abandoned? Well it seems how something is/was lacking in our personal Bible study for all these years "in the truth".

That is because in Restorationism, when they learn new things, mainly when it comes to application and or a shift in lifestyle, they apply it. For example, it is no surprise that Bible Students use to celebrate Christmas, as did those before them, but when they later learn the origins of the holiday, they ceased it, although they didn't take an extreme approach as their counterparts, but the application has been made, therefore, it can be noted, even by fact, that Jehovah's Witnesses are indeed Restorationist Christians, which is also fact according to their practices in a book I cited before.

2) accept the logic as facts  

as we all are witnesses to that too, wrong logic can deceive us.

As to what facts are you pointing to? So far I do not see any deception, as of recently that becomes true back in October whereas one can see who is on the right side regarding God.

3) holy spirit opens our minds and hearts wide to understand 

do you talking, in this statement, about "to be inspired" by God? If you are, than this is contrariwise, in opposition to GB claim how them, as anointed ones, are not inspired by holy spirit. If anointed are not inspired, how non-anointed can be inspired? To confuse and make foggy on all this, that same GB teaching how, despite the fact they are "not inspired by spirit", they are "guided by spirit". :)) 

God Word is inspired. As for the chosen ones of which you call anointed, they are not inspired or claim to be, never have they made such a claim. Even in the Bible we also see this, for example, the Mother of Samuel was mistaken to be a crazed drunk by a man of God, High Priest Eli, when in reality she was praying,

Every year, Elkanah would offer a sacrifice at the Shiloh sanctuary, and give Penninah and her children a portion but he gave Hannah a double portion "because he loved her, and the LORD [YHWH] had closed her womb" (1 Samuel 1:5). One day Hannah went up to the temple, and prayed with great weeping (I Samuel 1:10), while Eli the High Priest was sitting on a chair near the doorpost.

In her prayer, she asked God for a son and in return she vowed to give the son back to God for the service of God. She promised he would remain a Nazarite all the days of his life. According to Lillian Klein, the value of women is demonstrably enhanced by their child-bearing capacities. The narrative takes her pain and places it in her personal failure and then draws it out in a communal context. The desperation of Hannah’s vow indicates that merely bearing a male child would establish her in the community.

Eli thought she was drunk and questioned her. When she explained herself, he blessed her and sent her home. Hannah conceived and bore a son, and named him Samuel, literally Heard by God, "since she had asked the Lord for him" (1 Samuel 1:20 ). The role of women giving names in premonarchic Israel suggests an authoritative social role, at least within the family. She raised him until he was weaned and brought him to the temple along with a sacrifice.

And we have other examples too, in the Bible, so it is not a surprise today when anyone who is said to be chosen by God is not inspired, but they speak of God's Word, which is inspired. Let that sink in.

4) unique above all, is how the Bible's teachings are accepted by millions of people in just the same way

It is "unique" too, how people in some periods of time accepted also some teachings and was been deceived. Modern examples are; Nazi ideology and era when millions of German people followed Fuhrer, or Communism ideology in east Europe or more better example is China people or North Korea. Millions of people accepted teachings in same way. Capitalism is also unique ideology for millions worldwide.   

And what does this have to do with people accepting Bible Truth?

I recall I told you when I visited Thailand, I spoke to some there who didn't even know what a Bible was, and they later learned not what a bible is, but God's Word. Elsewhere I seen women who strive to serve God 100% and even in Africa as well.

Perhaps if you did what Jesus did when he actually preached, according to the four gospel accounts, and that his own followers preached, as with the the Christians of Pentecost who went out like an army to preach the gospel, you'd see that for yourself.

If the Lord asks you to spread the message, that is a command, if you ignore that command, well, when the Christ returns, you won't be recognized at all.

On 10/30/2018 at 7:24 AM, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

A LOT of money!

Not your "followers".

Not even the IRS.

Granted I had witnessed and had experienced an aftermath of both  shamans and Witch-Doctors, they do not take money, or bribes. The only thing they care for is blood, death and power, for money is meaningless to them. Actually followers of the Devil believe they can gain power from him which puts others as risk, a very high risk. There are some things taking place that will not allow you to sleep peacefully at night.

That being said, nothing cannot bring down the apostolic church, many have tried, no one can stop it, and her people. There are those for God and those against him and those against him will be met with the Sword of the Christ and the army of which God gave him.

So anything regarding occultism, dark magic and or blood rituals, etc. All this will be purged from the earth for good.