The World News Media

At what moment "The Truth" has ceased to be "The Truth"?

Srecko Sostar

1 hour ago, JW Insider said:

There is some evidence of these changes in one of my "Fat Boy" Bibles where you can see that certain pages were updated, and these resulted in a brighter light-green edging on the updated pages (which includes Psalm 17, of course)

This is fascinating stuff. Thanks for all the work it must have taken.

Did you ever catch this NWT version?

image.png

• Views 17.8k
  • Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I understand your points and you have expressed them very well. I will address each point you raised separately, but first I just want to mention a few general things which have perhaps shaped the per

Hey Brother Billie..your way out on this....it is undeniable if you watched the ARC...we as a people were found to have faulty policies...that’s a fact..we were forced to ammend them. Kids suffer

I think this point showed excellent insight. I wondered if this is what you meant from the start. The very context shows that the type of leadership in this case is more like the local elders rather t

Posted Images

3 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

My goodness, a dictatorship. what were they frightened of ? I'm in shock ! 

Maybe there were shades of dictatorship, maybe someone was frightened of something. But the reason I share all of this is because we need to know that people will have the same problems now as they had for thousands of years.

Think about what you might have done if you lived in the reign of King Manasseh or had knowledge of David's immorality before it was put in CONTEXT by the rest of the Bible. Of what about being stumbled by the way men from James, and also John and Peter were acting with respect to the Judaizers mentioned in Galatians 1 and 2. Or if you knew that the "Governing Body" had given a decree including not eating meat sacrificed to idols and then you heard the apostle Paul preach that it was OK to eat meat sacrificed to idols? Or what if you had heard Jesus say you have to eat his body and drink his blood? Or what about all those superfine apostles that attracted followers of men in first-century congregations? What if you heard that Peter had killed 2 contributors to the early congregation for holding back some of their claimed contribution.

These might have seemed causes for stumbling, and we could easily conceive of many brothers backing away from their congregations in doubt or even defiance of false understandings. But what was the correct response? If some might have known better, or saw that something was not really handled Biblically, would merely running from it have been the loving thing to do?

I think some have too high an opinion of what the GB represent, even higher than what the GB are claiming themselves. For those persons, it's good to review the record. For others, too, it's good not to place too high of expectations on humans, but appreciate the truths themselves. The message outweighs the messenger.

3 minutes ago, Outta Here said:

This is fascinating stuff. Thanks for all the work it must have taken.

It's a bit of a byproduct of research assignments, but mostly from working with other people who had already found such things. I got to work with some of the proofreaders for a few of the Society's books/bibles including that short-lived 1981 version, and selecting appropriate cross-refs. Also proofreaders sometimes became a part of the process for the Art Department where I worked.

1 hour ago, JW Insider said:

Maybe there were shades of dictatorship, maybe someone was frightened of something. But the reason I share all of this is because we need to know that people will have the same problems now as they had for thousands of years.

Think about what you might have done if you lived in the reign of King Manasseh or had knowledge of David's immorality before it was put in CONTEXT by the rest of the Bible. Of what about being stumbled by the way men from James, and also John and Peter were acting with respect to the Judaizers mentioned in Galatians 1 and 2. Or if you knew that the "Governing Body" had given a decree including not eating meat sacrificed to idols and then you heard the apostle Paul preach that it was OK to eat meat sacrificed to idols? Or what if you had heard Jesus say you have to eat his body and drink his blood? Or what about all those superfine apostles that attracted followers of men in first-century congregations? What if you heard that Peter had killed 2 contributors to the early congregation for holding back some of their claimed contribution.

These might have seemed causes for stumbling, and we could easily conceive of many brothers backing away from their congregations in doubt or even defiance of false understandings. But what was the correct response? If some might have known better, or saw that something was not really handled Biblically, would merely running from it have been the loving thing to do?

I think some have too high an opinion of what the GB represent, even higher than what the GB seem to be claiming themselves. For those persons, it's good to review the record. For others, too, it's good not to place too high of expectations on humans, but appreciate the truths themselves. The message outweighs the messenger.

Zechariah 8 v 23.

“This is what Jehovah of armies says, ‘In those days ten men out of all the languages of the nations will take hold, yes, they will take firm hold of the robe of a Jew,  saying: “We want to go with you, for we have heard that God is with you people.”’”

The Anointed are the spiritual Jew. In my opinion it is all of the Anointed, not just, or even, the GB. 

Micah 4 v 2

And many nations will go and say:“Come, let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah And to the house of the God of Jacob. He will instruct us about his ways, And we will walk in his paths.”For law will go out of Zion, And the word of Jehovah out of Jerusalem.

The GB put themselves in the place of Jesus, and they compare themselves to Moses. They exalt themselves above the others of the Anointed.  This has all been shown on here many times and it gets tiresome. 

The GB are pretending to be that spiritual Jew. JW's are falling for it hook, line and sinker. 

JW's think that the JW Org' is going up that mountain to Jehovah. The mountain is supposed to be high above all else.  But just look at the truth of it all. Shown many times on here. The GB and the JW org / Watchtower are not that mountain, they are not above any other. They are full of disgusting things. False teachings, dictatorship, Child Abuse, lack of love, misguidance, 'U' turns on various man made rules and much more.... 

In the 1st Century the Greek scriptures were only being written. They were actually living it. Nowadays we have it all in many languages, and lots of the early manuscripts to check thing by.  All the information is readily available. BUT, what i don't see is anyone showing that they are inspired of God. The Bible is inspired of God. it needs those Spiritual Jews that should be inspired of God also. Otherwise how will anyone know who to 'take firm hold of ?

(Enough for one day, 8pm, my wife wants me to go and watch a film with her on Netflix :) )

@Witness I will ask you a 3rd time. Give me the actual claim that they said they were inspired prophets.

I stated before twisting things in your favor does not equate to the claim of which you are accusing them of, I asked for inspired prophets, you bring up prophet-like organization when it is already know most Non-Trinitarians claim they are the True Church, but we have yet to see JWs, or ANY non-Trinitarian make claim to inspiration.

So I will ask you, @Srecko Sostar and @JOHN BUTLER

You all agree to the claim of which you profess that they inspired prophets, now I ask you, where did they make this claim?

And by the way, what you posted has been debunked just as the whole trust funds thing.

That being said, the claim of which I am asking you of regarding inspired prophets - I wait for from you - Witness, otherwise you are in deception by your own hand.

The fact no Anti-Trinitarian ever made that claim makes you far more than a liar than the doctrine that formed long ago in the Council.

Indeed, the next time you feel the need to mix, twist Strong's in your favor, perhaps do so to someone who does not know that information, let alone you making the assuming somehow God sent Satan to deal with Egyptians or trying to justify your belief in Man's Doctrine rather than God.

22 hours ago, Outta Here said:

No not at all. Context is everything.

Exactly! And all things should be taken into consideration, but it would seem you tell this one time, or maybe two times, and it goes out the other ear for some. and their ignorance because blissful and they begin to act immature and foolish when proven wrong.

9 hours ago, JW Insider said:

was dismissed for growing a beard in April

This became a pet peeve of mine. I was conducting a study with Santa Claus and he was making fine progress until he caught wind of this.

He was doing so well. All he really had to work on was a strange obsession with extreme sports, annually jaunting round the world at breakneck speed and in frigid temperatures. Oh...and animal cruelty, forcing animals from their established habitat by making them fly through that slop.

11 hours ago, JW Insider said:

I think some have too high an opinion of what the GB represent, even higher than what the GB are claiming themselves. For those persons, it's good to review the record. For others, too, it's good not to place too high of expectations on humans, but appreciate the truths themselves. The message outweighs the messenger.

Yes. This is what I was trying to explain to @JOHN BUTLER

7 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

@Witness I will ask you a 3rd time. Give me the actual claim that they said they were inspired prophets.

I stated before twisting things in your favor does not equate to the claim of which you are accusing them of, I asked for inspired prophets, you bring up prophet-like organization when it is already know most Non-Trinitarians claim they are the True Church, but we have yet to see JWs, or ANY non-Trinitarian make claim to inspiration.

So I will ask you, @Srecko Sostar and @JOHN BUTLER

As I see from quotations from WT publications that was brought on day light in Witness posts, it is understandable how GB class view themselves and their Organization. They see themselves as God's Spoke Persons, as Representatives, as Ambassadors, as Substitution instead Christ, as Prophetlike Organization, and logically if Organization is Prophetlike, than must exists people in such Organization who are Prophets in some or any sense of the meaning of this word Prophet. (for example if JW leaders and members as whole group talking and teaching  people, how future brings this and that, all who "preaching" such things are not only people who speaking about what they personally believe, they are not only messenger, agents, but sort of "prophets" too. No matter did they or did they not, personally or as group, source alone of some claim about future or just making repetition from Bible "prophesies".

Next thing. Bible said how we have two sort of "Prophets" and two sort of "Prophecies". True and False. Well, in  fact, no matter in what class some "Prophet" and "Prophecy" belong, he or she is "Inspired" by default. Because "Prophecy" as such must be "Inspired", otherwise it is not "Prophecy".

Logically follows the conclusion: Any person or group (as single or if belong to some organization) who talking about what will be, what the future brings , are some sort of "Inspired Prophets". Because person is and must be "Inspired" or "Motivated" to bring such stuff to other people.

Is some "Prophecy" false or true ?? This is another story. :))))))

"Political leaders often end up being “false prophets” unable to fulfill their promises. Of course, not every ruler turns out to be a “Hitler,” whose promised “thousand-year reich” proved to be a disastrous 12 years of misrule. ... A very prominent political “prophet” of our present century was the League of Nations, formed in 1919. It foretold a world of lasting peace. But World War II unceremoniously dumped it into a pit of inactivity." Awake! 1981 Dec 8 p.14

In this Awake article we can see how far WT Company extends,  stretching the meaning of the word "prophets" and "prophecy". If you give promises to someone you are Prophets. Interesting! :)))))))))))))))))

4 hours ago, Anna said:

Yes. This is what I was trying to explain to @JOHN BUTLER

No, rather the GB have the high opinion of themselves. And more so since they have become 'screen stars'. 

We get back to the point that according to scripture all of the Anointed should be the Spiritual Jew, but the majority of the Anointed are pushed to the sidelines and the GB also stated in writing that some may even be mentally ill. And the GB make themselves, only those 8 men, the 'faithful and discreet slave'. But they are not able to prove that and they say that they are not inspired.  So, who gave them permission to call themselves the FDS ? Who gave them permission to say some may be mentally ill ? Who gave them permission to judge who should be the important ones and who should not ?  Unfortunately you are worshipping you GB by not even questioning them.

Baruq, that is the modern day holy place.

Daniel11:31  And arms will stand up, proceeding from him; and they will profane the sanctuary, the fortress, and remove the constant feature.“And they will put in place the disgusting thing that causes desolation.

Matthew24:15  “Therefore, when you catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation, as spoken about by Daniel the prophet, standing in a holy place+(let the reader use discernment), 16  then let those in Ju·deʹa begin fleeing to the mountains.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.