Anna

Why John Butler Left Jehovah's Witnesses

The WT says the following, for this is but one of several: The need to be humble was repeatedly stressed by Jesus: Become like a little child; take a lowly seat at a banquet; when praying be like the lowly tax collector, not like the self-righteous Pharisee. Note also that a command to be humble served as the springboard for Jesus’ scathing denunciation of the proud and hypocritical religious leaders of his day. In striking contrast to their proud course was the humble course of Jesus, that of honoring God at all times: “I do nothing of my own initiative.” His very coming to earth as well as his entire earthly sojourn was a shining example of humility, as the apostle Paul so clearly shows at Philippians 2:5-8. Typical of Jesus’ humility was his willingness to wash the feet of his apostles.—Matt. 18:3, 4; Luke 14:7-11; 18:9-14; Matt. 23:12; John 8:28; 13:5.

They also have more to say,

So applying the expression to these two classes, it becomes understandable in all its different settings, and makes sense whether referring to situations in Israel in Jesus’ day among the Jews, or referring to the addition of Gentiles to the church class, or to conditions in Christendom in these last days. The exalted clergy class once thought to be first are abased to last, and humble ones abased to last God exalts to first position with him.—Luke 14:11.

SM will you please give me exact publications these quotes came from. Thank you. 

No one pays attention to what is going on in the world.

I do, but it's difficult to get the truth about anything.  MSN news, BBC news, Russia Today ? news, but who is telling the truth ?

You have the Pope and the religion of Babylon seeking to united all religions into one fold.

Yes, but I've lost the track on this one. Haven't heard anything about it for months. 

9 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

it's difficult to get the truth about anything.  MSN news, BBC news, Russia Today ? news, but who is telling the truth ?

Why do you think I am called TrueTom?

11 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Why do you think I am called TrueTom?

Probably because you are looking for truth the same as i am :) 

18 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

Not out of context, it is actually true, hence why I put forth the examples.

I don't mind the insult because I am unfazed, this is going from a man who has seen things you consider unreal.

And no, everything uttered is exact truth unlike your claims of Peter being tempted or Chloe leading a church.

I don't. For as said to you before I am bounded by what the Bible says, what the church teaches, what comes from God, his Christ and the Word that is written. I am bounded by my culture in terms of respect, truth and integrity and so forth.

I speak what is right because such ones like to cloud information, such ones base their belief on opinions and emotion, not realizing what is the actual truth in the matter.

That being said, tell me Srecko, how am I basing everything on my own feelings and emotion, in this sense?

And no, my culture does not allow to be prideful and or righteous, nice try though.

I am always relaxed. I have changed lives, I have made a bit of change in the world, in my own country when it was hit by an earthquake and have witnessed death and a list of other things, even coming face to face with the occult that has plagued the islands, to add more salt to injury, our children was nearly taken into human trafficking and someone who was fighting against it was assassinated and his death ruled out to be a suicide and yet we still press forward. I helped out in Texas and even Puerto Rico when it was hit by the hurricane, when Sandy hit in 2012, I helped out on rebuilding the shore. I went to Africa and Thailand and met some good people, some of which who didn't know God, and the list goes on. I do not care what I was given, I do not do things to show off, I did such things because I choose to for God's people are able bodied and will give a helping hand.

Others can have their say, but surely no one is going to accept correction from a man, who stated God isn't surprised about people who change not just their sex, but their literal reproductive organs. It is thinking like that that shows you are not putting into application of God's Word let alone confusing Barak for Deborah, purposely, if you forgot that one.

If you want to "correct" show me evidence your Chloe claim, as with Peter's temptation because when I asked you, you dodged and evaded several times. Perhaps this time you can speak to correct something you yourself know to be false.

Dear friend, if you are so busy in helping people in need, how you find time to respond on "stupid" things and loosing your valuable time on me and similar like me.?! :) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gone Away said:

Looks like one of them put his big brother's pants on by mistake!

Yeah, they are behind the fashion times and don't know that tight pants is the way to go

1 hour ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

Probably because you are looking for truth the same as i am :) 

You make a start by following as many contrasting sources as you can on Twitter. Don’t just follow the ‘home team.’

Also, cover as many different disciplines as you can.

2 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Dear friend, if you are so busy in helping people in need, how you find time to respond on "stupid" things and loosing your valuable time on me and similar like me.?! :) 

He’s got a point there.

The trick is not to primarily speak to him, but to speak to whatever audience may be in the background.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

The trick is not to primarily speak to him, but to speak to whatever audience may be in the background?

if i understand correctly.... SM not speak primarily to me but to background audience :)))

2 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

if i understand correctly.... SM not speak primarily to me but to background audience :)))

Yes i think he likes to look very intelligent and knowledgeable to everyone. However I'm not impressed. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/29/2018 at 6:53 PM, Anna said:

@JOHN BUTLER has decided that the religion is not for him, and that is his right.

It is quite some time since this statement was made by @Anna in answer to the original question raised (in her name). It seems to answer fairly adequately don't you think?

I mean you could get a little more generic and use the apostle John's words that apply across the board in principle:

"They went out from us, but they were not of our sort; for if they had been of our sort, they would have remained with us. But [they went out] that it might be shown up that not all are of our sort." 1John 2:9.

This seems to have been confirmed by JB himself anyway

"I don't know who is for or against the JW Org and it's not important to me. I only know that, at this moment in time i cannot be part of it. "

15 minutes ago, Gone Away said:

It is quite some time since this statement was made by @Anna in answer to the original question raised (in her name). It seems to answer fairly adequately don't you think?

I mean you could get a little more generic and use the apostle John's words that apply across the board in principle:

"They went out from us, but they were not of our sort; for if they had been of our sort, they would have remained with us. But [they went out] that it might be shown up that not all are of our sort." 1John 2:9.

This seems to have been confirmed by JB himself anyway

"I don't know who is for or against the JW Org and it's not important to me. I only know that, at this moment in time i cannot be part of it. "

Yes but the Apostle John wasn't talking pedophiles when he said 'they were not of our sort'. 

I am glad to be seen as 'not of the sort' that gave me reason to leave the JW Org.  

However I'm a bit surprised that the whole situation hasn't been sorted out yet. But that is mainly because the GB are too frightened to cooperate with Police and official bodies Earthwide. 

I suppose it will drag on well into next year, so Armageddon must be a long way away yet then.  :) 

If the Org gets cleaned up properly and if it is of God's choosing then I would probably return. 

But it seems you are more concerned in shutting down this topic than i am. Especially after that sly comment.

NOTHING APPLIES  "ACROSS THE BOARD " when it come to reasons for people leaving the JW Org.

Each person will have their own personal reason for leaving. 

2 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

Yes but the Apostle John wasn't talking pedophiles when he said 'they were not of our sort'. 

Actually he probably was. Not exclusively, but that was probably in the mix. Jesus said they would be “lyingly saying every sort of wicked thing” about his followers. History records they were accused of cannibalism. While not pedophilia?

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Actually he probably was. Not exclusively, but that was probably in the mix. Jesus said they would be “lyingly saying every sort of wicked thing” about his followers. History records they were accused of cannibalism. While not pedophilia?

I think you misunderstood. John Butler is saying that Jesus' true disciples were not pedophiles.

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

History records they were accused of cannibalism

Now look what you've done! You got JTR started. I hope you two meet in flesh one day. (no pun intended!)

• Haha 1