The World News Media

• Views 9.9k
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Space Merchant  True Christian JW's are supposed to 'quit being fashioned after this system of things' and put away national identities and embrace the JW culture above all. There is NO place fo

Are but who's choice of modesty ? Oh of course the GB's and the Elders.   Maybe what Jehovah wants of every one is a bit of individuality.     Are I've just noticed you say 'JW' standards, n

Should we make the Brothers and Sisters who won the genetic lottery, the ones who are handsome and beautiful, beat themselves in the face with a steel rod until they resemble the rest of us ... and th

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

JTR Jr Are you really that bored today ?  Although I'm a bit concerned about this comment of yours. Are you suggesting that TPT has thoughts of a sinful nature ? :)

Yesterday I spent all day making a chicken coop and chicken run (apologies to Mel Gibson) door and door frame in my side yard with the frame posts set in concrete, with concrete pedestals which I am calling "STALAG 17", for my wife's new herd of chickens ( They are "Free Range Chickens", which you have no doubt heard about .. from the time that herds of billions of chickens used to roam the Ohio Valley, here in the United States, and Cave Men used to ride giant lizards to round them up, many times driving them off of cliffs to the precipices below, which  only worked infrequently, as they can fly if it's mostly down,  chicken down being a whole other subject, as they use it to fill military flight jackets, which raises the prices so that even down is up ... where was I ... oh yeah ... am I bored today ... for today it is raining and my neighbors are collecting animals (I already have mine, being unconcerned about the extinction of white rhinoceroses, as long as there are chickens, which will never go extinct because they are delicious, and you cannot kill a whole Rhino for one or two sandwiches.

And as far as TPT having "sinful thoughts", as everone knows, the GB do not HAVE sinful thoughts, I am sure NOTHING could be further from the truth, as his perspective is quite different.

2019-06-07_131925.jpg

@James Thomas Rook Jr.  You have a great sense of humour, even though I don't know what to believe as 'fact' / 'serious' or what is written just for a laugh sometimes. 

I spent yesterday fitting a water pump to my classic 1961 Hillman Minx car, then replacing all the 'other bits' that I had to remove to fit the pump. It is now running sweetly so I've started work on the rear brakes. But funnily enough it has rained here today as well, and as the car is not under cover I could not work on it. Good really as I tend to 'overdo it' and then get ill for a couple of days... Hence I've been 'online' most of the day.  Enjoy your chickens, :) 

26 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

I spent yesterday fitting a water pump to my classic 1961 Hillman Minx car, then replacing all the 'other bits' that I had to remove to fit the pump. It is now running sweetly

I had a Hillman Minx as a kid. It was a ‘Dinky Toy.’ I had over 100 Dinky Toys. I did not realize then that they were British imports.

My parents sold them all at a garage sale when I was away. I have never forgiven them for it.

Bad Dad

Bad Mom

Either that or my brother made off with them (and sold them to JTR) like he made off with my stamp collection.

19 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

I had a Hillman Minx as a kid. It was a ‘Dinky Toy.’ I had over 100 Dinky Toys. I did not realize then that they were British imports.

My parents sold them all at a garage sale when I was away. I have never forgiven them for it.

Bad Dad

Bad Mom

Either that or my brother made off with them (and sold them to JTR) like he made off with my stamp collection.

Dinky toys fetch good prices here if they are in good condition. i have shelves full of them here in my office room. Mine are very 'play worn' with lots of paint missing. I prefer them that way it gives them the aged look and they are more nostalgic. I have Dinky, Corgi and Matchbox vehicles, the Matchbox being a smaller scale. Also have two toy garages of Dinky scale and a very small Farm building with base board, for my Dinky tractors and Britains farm animals. All pure nostalgia. 

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.