The World News Media

19 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Perhaps I have missed something ... but I thought everybody in this picture was dressed appropriately ... even though the Brother in the Tan suit looked afraid he was about to become a hand puppet.

Screenshot_20180930-204938.jpg.5c6e74d9ccede62b6d438ddfea03b59f.jpg

The Brother in the above picture, on the left with the pale blue shirt has his shirt sleeves partially rolled up ... is that it?

Is that the problem?

I do not see a problem here, granted it is easy to tell the depiction of where these individuals are, could be in certain areas in the EU and the majority, the US, granted the image was most likely made there.

No indication of anyone being in Spain, Africa, or perhaps Scotland.

On 9/30/2018 at 12:03 AM, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

This is especially true with Sisters that are so ugly they would scare paint off a dump truck.

What some may see as ugly may be seen as something of gold and beauty to someone else.

That being said in terms of appearance, I have been compared to in likeness some guy called [nerd/clown] Xavier Woods, and have been called that even I do not even look like the guy.

220px-Xavier_Woods_In_March_2015.jpg

But hey, it is what it is.

• Views 10k
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Space Merchant  True Christian JW's are supposed to 'quit being fashioned after this system of things' and put away national identities and embrace the JW culture above all. There is NO place fo

Are but who's choice of modesty ? Oh of course the GB's and the Elders.   Maybe what Jehovah wants of every one is a bit of individuality.     Are I've just noticed you say 'JW' standards, n

Should we make the Brothers and Sisters who won the genetic lottery, the ones who are handsome and beautiful, beat themselves in the face with a steel rod until they resemble the rest of us ... and th

Posted Images

19 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

Are but who's choice of modesty ? Oh of course the GB's and the Elders.  

Maybe what Jehovah wants of every one is a bit of individuality.    

Are I've just noticed you say 'JW' standards, not God's standards. 

The Bible speaks about modesty and such is followed by all persons with different backgrounds, cultures, etc. Not everyone who lives in Africa, or Span will be 100% identical to such ones like Americans in terms of food, clothing and or other.

The only people who take issue with such things are those who have the mentality of Yale University Students who are dubbed as Snowflakes.

Other than that the point made by Librarian is there, nothing really is notable unless you make it seem this way.

16 minutes ago, Space Merchant said:

The Bible speaks about modesty and such is followed by all persons with different backgrounds, cultures, etc. Not everyone who lives in Africa, or Span will be 100% identical to such ones like Americans in terms of food, clothing and or other.

The only people who take issue with such things are those who have the mentality of Yale University Students who are dubbed as Snowflakes.

Other than that the point made by Librarian is there, nothing really is notable unless you make it seem this way.

Well it seems the Governing Body like to talk about 'tight pants' 'homosexuality' and 'masterbation with a pillow'.

Um, a bit worrying i think. 

10 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

Well it seems the Governing Body like to talk about 'tight pants' 'homosexuality' and 'masterbation with a pillow'.

Um, a bit worrying i think. 

That is because a Christian, regardless of where they are should not be wearing something that is immodest at all, mainly within a church whereas the very thing of the church is pure worship, you said you read the Bible, understand the difference between immodest and modest, I need not have to bring Hebrew and Greek Strong's for something that is practically simple to understand. This also goes for Evangelism and or anything pertaining to the missionary preaching of the Messianic Age and Good News Gospel, appropriate attire is necessary for even to those you preach the gospel to will also be viewing you and your attire, for with God, cleanliness and to be proper is a must. As for as I am concern, there are others who are vocal about this, as well as us in the Unitarian (P.E.o.J.B) who also view this too, as with the women of Christ an their following, who take issue with tight clothing also, thus viewing it as immodest.

In the words of those who are vocal about this issue, and I quote: Tight, clinging attire is as immodest as skimpy attire because the woman’s figure is emphasized and accented, and the man’s attention is directed to that which is forbidden outside of marriage. Men are strongly influenced sexually by the eye-gate and are attracted to the woman’s curves. The immodest clothing industry understands these things and strives to dress women seductively rather than modestly. It is important to understand that tight, form-fitting clothes can be just as sexually disturbing to a man as skimpy clothes.

You tell me Butler. If Jesus was walking on this modern day and age to see the churches for he is the head of the church, you think he, a pure and sinless man, who be accepting of immodest;y dressed ones in the house of his Father? For he need not think twice to throw out merchants who make his Father's Temple a house of commerce, something of which even churches do today to which they teach and believe there is no issue. Well my friend, there is an issue, and it is no difference from a man in Peter Pan-sque tights who is in the church, or a woman who is wearing sexual disturbing attire tight enough to the point it may tear, or perhaps something that is way to short and clearly uncomfortable.

Tight pants is something that is professed by charismatic preachers thinking such is normal and on the health issue of things, for males, tight pants is something that kills one's sperm count or perhaps women wearing tight clothing in the church to a point as to their under garments or body parts is borderline visible, immodest. And speaking of women, the very reason Gang-Stalkers to some churches is because they are able to see such ones in tight clothing, other times even take pictures of so and so and post it online for ill purposes, and such things you do not want to know that will make your stomach turn counterclockwise wise.

That being said, the common attire by those in religious institutions is a modest dress and for men, a suit that is of decent size and fits him comfortably, for if someone is a member of the church, they most adhere to the modesty even in terms of dress code.

If you want to where tight clothing to reveal thyself to others in such a manner, you have the night clubs for that, not God's House.

10 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

'homosexuality' and 'masterbation with a pillow'.

I have already spoken of homosexuality and what I have seen mainly regarding children in that crowd by means of S.o.G and others, some of which I cannot post here for it is that bad.

As for masturbation [with a pillow - something not to be joked about, granted if you took the time to read stories from those afflicted with sexual immortality; or Otakus] I gave Srecko links to the Christian community that is Anti-Masturbation. It is not a surprise a religious faith will speak of that, but to be brief, since you like throwing things from other topics here, I will give you a link, I'll make it larger for you so you can see it and share the pillow talk stuff there, you think JWs speak of this only, but such is spoken of here too and they will not take lightly to jokes - I already gave someone there your response from the other thread and he was "heated and angered" and you do not want to know what that Christian has to say, of you and Srecko, perhaps another time I will give you the screenshot: https://www.reddit.com/r/NoFapChristians/

That being said, Christians come from all parts of the world and they all dress differently, the real Christians, although different by race, nation and culture, are aware of what modesty is and what such means to the House of God, we do not see anyone seeking pride for their country, as Ryan had stated, for the only thing such ones care about is doing what is needed regarding the early church teachings and of the Bible and of God, and of His Christ.

No one here should like a snowflake about such an issue, and I am pretty sure no one here is an extreme Yale Student, acting like one regarding culture will end badly for such ones.

@Jack Ryan I'm still waiting for that nationalistic pride response. My people wear robes to the temple, in no way shape or form they are expressing nationalistic pride when all they are doing is wanting to serve God, as is with Christians in other parts of the globe who are takes the time to know the difference between modest and immodest.

So far, a very, very brief summary of the discussion: Christian Spaniards who wear clothing and or attire that is a reflection of their culture. No nationalistic pride being expressed here for their sole purpose is to worship God within their faith community, even invite visitors an the only thing that was said, is someone doing a sexy pose (hand on hip).

Unless it is the sexy pose that is rustling your jimmies because although the pose was kind of out of line, I see no pridefulness here.

On 9/29/2018 at 11:52 PM, The Librarian said:

@Jack Ryan  You are being unreasonable.

Try conforming to our higher JW standards and you too will be happy again too.

You will lose all desire to look fashionable. That is a worldly quality anyway.

What Jehovah wants from even beautiful women is to be of a quiet and mild spirit and to dress modestly. 

‘People who think the most bold of thoughts have no difficulty conforming to the outward norms of society.’  Nathaniel Hawthorne 

Nobody thinks thoughts more bold than Jehovah’s Witnesses.

He didn’t say it but I think the converse is also true: Those who declare their independence over such small matters are usually the most conformist of all on large ones.

5 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

‘People who think the most bold of thoughts have no difficulty conforming to the outward norms of society.Â’  Nathaniel Hawthorne 

Nobody thinks thoughts more bold than JehovahÂ’s Witnesses.

He didnÂ’t say it but I think the converse is also true: Those who declare their independence over such small matters are usually the most conformist of all on large ones.

Not me Tom I'm a rebel.  Always have been. :) I think of Nathanael "Can anything good come out of Nazareth ? " He must have been a bit if a rebel.

As for JW's thinking bold thoughts, that's a laugh. JW's are not allowed to think, they just follow orders the same way as soldiers or police officers. 

Orders come from HQ, GB, via Elders. ' You must obey, or be, exterminated exterminated exterminated. 

The whole thing is so funny. That is why JW's are not allowed to talk to any one that leaves the Org, because the one that has left is free to ask questions but those that remain are not. The GB doesn't want JW's to actually start thinking. 

49 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

As for JW's thinking bold thoughts, that's a laugh. JW's are not allowed to think, they just follow orders the same way as soldiers or police officers. 

Orders come from HQ, GB, via Elders. ' You must obey, or be, exterminated exterminated exterminated. 

When they offer to release you from the concentration camp if you will but renounce your faith and you tell them no, it means you are bold.

it also means you are unafraid of actual extermination, let alone the silly things that you whine on about.

Don’t go there, John. They are bold. Someday you might learn from them.

25 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

When they offer to release you from the concentration camp if you will but renounce your faith and you tell them no, it means you are bold.

it also means you are unafraid of actual extermination, let alone the silly things that you whine on about.

Don’t go there, John. They are bold. Someday you might learn from them.

Now you are being more precise. Your previous comment was more general. 

You are using a type of emotional blackmail to try to prove a point which is off topic anyway. 

JW Dress Rules is the topic, not, being in a concentration camp. 

1 hour ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Even there they were not heedless of personal appearance, and it’s not because they were terrified of the GB, either.

Who inspected the tightness of their trousers ?  No one. 

Who asked them if they masterbated and told them not to ? No one.

There were more important issues then. 

It seems as if there are no really important issues now, so the GB are making things up to keep themselves  busy. 

1 hour ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

It seems as if there are no really important issues now, so the GB are making things up to keep themselves  busy. 

The GB are at LEAST totally aware of that.

They are TOTALLY DESTROYING their credibility on every subject imaginable.

THAT'S why shunning forbids people to talk to each other.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.