The World News Media

4 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

Who inspected the tightness of their trousers ?  No one. 

Who asked them if they masterbated and told them not to ? No one.

There were more important issues then. 

I almost expect a certain chainsaw character to post a cartoon that he thinks is hilarious about these things happening in that setting, until the senior one of them cautions that HQ might find out. 

It would be a new low for him, but only by a matter of degree. 

• Views 10k
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Space Merchant  True Christian JW's are supposed to 'quit being fashioned after this system of things' and put away national identities and embrace the JW culture above all. There is NO place fo

Are but who's choice of modesty ? Oh of course the GB's and the Elders.   Maybe what Jehovah wants of every one is a bit of individuality.     Are I've just noticed you say 'JW' standards, n

Should we make the Brothers and Sisters who won the genetic lottery, the ones who are handsome and beautiful, beat themselves in the face with a steel rod until they resemble the rest of us ... and th

Posted Images

8 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

JW Dress Rules is the topic, not, being in a concentration camp. 

If according to you we must adhere to the topic, then why in God's name would you mention this here in this same thread about dress code?

On 10/1/2018 at 12:30 PM, JOHN BUTLER said:

'homosexuality' and 'masterbation with a pillow'.

So if you have to stop someone, in this case, @TrueTomHarley, check thyself before ye wreck'th thyself because you hit that same road yourself in this sense, in the same topic. The only reason I made response was due to what is said, hence the mention of pillows, take it up with the anti-masturbation Christian community, because I told you before, what you said about masturbation, they didn't take kindly to it, I'd post the comments regarding that, but this is of dress code and such.

That being said, back on task here, every culture and or group of people have their own clothing that makes up of where they are from. Regardless, they still hit the modest dress code, as it is not too far off from that in the US and or elsewhere, for even for them, something that is immodest, they will take issue with it.

As last time I checked, also, you do not see people wear suit and ties in a shanty town or rural village, the major will most likely stick to modest clothing in their village.

Also I haven't see anywhere of a response from Ryan regarding Nationalistic Pride. This, of which was claimed - has yet to be seen.

12 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

If according to you we must adhere to the topic, then why in God's name would you mention this here in this same thread about dress code?

Â On 10/1/2018 at 12:30 PM, JOHN BUTLER said:

'homosexuality' and 'masterbation with a pillow'.?

So if you have to stop someone, in this case, @TrueTomHarley, check thyself before ye wreck'th thyself because you hit that same road yourself in this sense, in the same topic. The only reason I made response was due to what is said, hence the mention of pillows, take it up with the anti-masturbation Christian community, because I told you before, what you said about masturbation, they didn't take kindly to it, I'd post the comments regarding that, but this is of dress code and such.

That being said, back on task here, every culture and or group of people have their own clothing that makes up of where they are from. Regardless, they still hit the modest dress code, as it is not too far off from that in the US and or elsewhere, for even for them, something that is immodest, they will take issue with it.

As last time I checked, also, you do not see people wear suit and ties in a shanty town or rural village, the major will most likely stick to modest clothing in their village.

Also I haven't see anywhere of a response from Ryan regarding Nationalistic Pride. This, of which was claimed - has yet to be seen.

502015914_univ_pnr_lg.jpg

6 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

502015914_univ_pnr_lg.jpg

A typical copy/saved screen straight off the website of Jehovah’s Witnesses to prove the whole suit and tie thing? I can tell you this, during your absence in July, I have been to Africa and I will educate you on the way people dress there and so forth.

You can literally go to the website and wait a few seconds (or click the arrow), this same image appears on their little slideshow. It should occur to you that JWs (well you use to be one so how did that one slip through the cracks) are Evangelist, preachers, this guy clearly traveled to the farmland village and does not live there.

@TrueTomHarley He pulled the image directly from the jw.org site's slideshow.... Anyone who pulls something from a main page that fast and easily is a classic move, if I may add.

Africans in the city, which is not a village or shanty town as I said, there are those who take up items sent to Africa referred to as the Mitumba, the term in Swahili which literally meaning bundles, and this is usually referred  to plastic-wrapped packages containing used clothing donated by people in wealthy countries, moreover, the term is also applied to the clothing that arrives in these bundles, I’ll even post you an image below so you can understand and see for yourself, such as yourself who has most likely never been to Africa.

file-576639c5cc413.jpg

Mitumba.jpg

Like I said, you do not see such things such as suits and tie wearing persons in villages and shanty towns, for Mitumba is usually received in cities, for example, Tanzanian city of Dar es Salaam and several other cities, that are obviously not shanty towns or villages, as I have said already – unless, Mr. Butler, you have something more to share of suits and ties being in high use in villages and shanty towns, I am all ears and eyes. In addition, Mitumba are normally used and or seen worn by people in interior parts of Africa, not villages, not shanty towns.

Most of the Mitumba originates in developed countries, like the United States, often comes from non-profit organizations, such as The Salvation Army and or anything of the like, granted Mitumba is often in high quantities when received by these non-profits.

As for my experience, no one in farmlands and or such villages wear suit an ties, granted in the type of work they endure on a daily basis and or daily activities. Those who do live within the city and often travels through villages and or these small areas in parts of Africa, an example would be when I was in Kampala, there is people having fashionable things, however when you go to Nansana, you see very, very little, and nowhere in that area people is wearing a suit and tie whenever they have ceremonies and the like there, they use their traditional African attire – no one wore a suit and tie, as for me, I was wearing an African Mud-Cloth Poncho, it is not a suit an tie attire at all.

If you have no idea what that is, IÂ’ll show you an image:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcqE0S_RpuV_Zqf_LY3yw

C-M200_original.jpg

If you must know, I wore this when traveling and to the wedding I went to while I was there, when I ran into people who wanted to know what the Bible is, I was wearing a casual, but loose dress shirt and black pants, with sandals.

So I’ll ask you since I won’t get an answer from Ryan, I want you to show me exactly people in shanty towns and or villages, you can throw in the farmlands and rural places outside of the city as to where someone in said country is sporting a suit and tie, let’s throw in bowties also for fun. Otherwise the response still stands: As last time I checked, also, you do not see people wear suit and ties in a shanty town or rural village, the major will most likely stick to modest clothing in their village.

But what can be said is passerbys usually come in from the city, by foot, by bike and or vehicle ride, such ones do not live in these small rural villages and or farmlands.

6 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

OK not a suit but it is 'White man's clothing' 'Western culture' or what ever you want to name it. 

Then that should have been spoken of from the very beginning, your glass of water tipped over on to yourself, Butler.

Tell me something I don't know. Because of non-profit organizations within western societies that sell used clothes to for-profit in Africa, Mitumba is refereed to as White Man's clothes, there is a slang term for it, but it is not a good one, moreover, it is very common in parts of Africa, but it is solely in prominent use in the cities. 

As for suits, it goes way far back then that, for suits originated with the British, if my memory serves me correctly.

I also suggest paying the Mother Land a visit. Not only I enjoyed myself but I learned more about my people's roots. For you, I know it would be a history lesson and perhaps something to tell the family and friends.

• 3 months later...

Notice how the shading in the picture goes from blue on the left to a warm yellow-gold on the right.

One could make the argument that those people with a blue background have a colder relationship with God, or else are lacking light; whereas those in the gold have stepped out into the warm sunlight of God's favor. In this way, they don't have to say that they outright disapprove of the more "worldly" dress code, they can just hint that God disapproves of it.

WT engages in a lot of subliminal messaging. It is very sinister.

On 10/1/2018 at 7:57 PM, Space Merchant said:

This also goes for Evangelism and or anything pertaining to the missionary preaching of the Messianic Age and Good News Gospel, appropriate attire is necessary for even to those you preach the gospel to will also be viewing you and your attire, for with God, cleanliness and to be proper is a must.

What did John the Baptist wear when telling folks to repent while he was in the desert? 

As for as I am concern, there are others who are vocal about this, as well as us in the Unitarian (P.E.o.J.B) who also view this too, as with the women of Christ an their following, who take issue with tight clothing also, thus viewing it as immodest.

Oh, so lemming mentality is just fine with you? The Hare Krishna shave their heads like monks do, is that the same then? Should you be shaving your head because these guys do? 

For he need not think twice to throw out merchants who make his Father's Temple a house of commerce, something of which even churches do today to which they teach and believe there is no issue.

Are you equating clothing and money extortion in God's house? I'm pretty sure I didn't read that part about Jesus making a whip to whip those in tight pants or who wore a beard......err wait, didn't Jesus wear a beard? 

That being said, the common attire by those in religious institutions is a modest dress and for men, a suit that is of decent size and fits him comfortably, for if someone is a member of the church, they most adhere to the modesty even in terms of dress code.

Tell that to the beggars Jesus visited and ate with and healed. 

Yes, clothing as we know it now is designed by humans not by God. So it is the traditions of men.

That includes suits and ties.

The tie is one of the most pathetic pieces of clothing ever invented. A dangerous item that has caused many accidents in workplaces. 

God does not require men to wear it. A pair of trousers and a shirt is all that is needed in warmer weather. Yes shoes and socks too.

As for ladies, why not trousers ? Especially for mums that have to handle young children, which may involve a lot of bending, kneeling and awkward movement. Trousers would be far more modest than many things ladies wear to meetings. 

The stupid idea that trousers are 'mens' clothing is just plain crazy. Trousers designed and made for ladies are of course ladies clothing. 

It's easy to see that it is all about 'lording it over the congregation'. Dictatorship by 8 men. Certainly not from God.  

Mobsters wear suits and ties, Bernie Madoff committed crimes while wearing suits and ties, politicians wear suits and ties, other religious folk wear suits and ties as part of their worship.  You don't need a special uniform to worship God. God is more concerned that a person is worshiping Him, not soley how they are dressed.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.