The World News Media

Jehovah’s Witnesses have always claimed with absolute certainty that Armageddon is just a few years away. 140 some years later, it still hasn’t happened. What makes them think it’ll still happen?

The Librarian

13 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

Was John not inspired at Ephesus when he wrote his other writings then, two years later (1,2,3, John) ? :) 

Yes, I did think about that too. But it was still John, as the last of the apostles, who was inspired :). So no, the GB are not inspired obviously.

• Views 4.6k
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The last person who was inspired by God or Jesus was the apostle John, on the isle of Patmos, when he wrote Revelation.     

Well, how to make a dog's breakfast out of a basic statement??? Let's untangle this. Let's speak about you. As you have used the personal pronoun "I", "you" features in my response.  If "you

Really? What scripture is that in?

13 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

I do not know if what you say, I respect your belief, is false or genuine,

Thanks to heaven, people  have no  power to read other people mind and motives.  

But, thanks to heaven too, other people have power to be suspicious about other people words. Also to be stubborn and persistent in that. 

:))))

12 hours ago, Space Merchant said:
On 10/3/2018 at 11:48 PM, Anna said:

The last person who was inspired by God or Jesus was the apostle John, on the isle of Patmos, when he wrote Revelation. 

... dear Anna, if you open NWT Bible on page 1578 and 1579 (in Croatian edition 2006) authors of translation quoted how John (apostle) wrote 1,2 and 3 John in a year cca 98.

So, book of Revelation is the book that placed on last position of Bible, but last written was those 3 letters, not Revelation, according to WT.

That is what John Butler noticed about comment you gave. And that is just that. Nothing more. Not John Butler not me made up things about this issue. We just read NWT Bible and check information about "last" inspired words that found its place in Bible books.

By the way does anyone know what was the name of that Catholic Roman Pope who ccollected  "inspired" books and letters and then decide what one of all will be part of Bible - Catholic Bible of course. Later came Protestant Bible. And later came NWT Bible. And in the middle there is many other Bibles too.       

:))

5 minutes ago, AllenSmith34 said:

Keep in mind the Watchtower is NOW! Enforcing their copyright material, and this website has been added to that list of violating copyright material. Since this site is far from being academic, and laughable to think so, STOP! Infringing on copyright material.

The Watchtower will also prevent their copyright material to be archived on other websites that are NOT their own. Good luck!

Well said Allen!

And what to think about "water of truth", for free, without no charge, to buy without money and without so called "copyrights", that Jesus promised to all, and that have to be available for all, for people to be able to get everlasting life ::)))

What a funny reality, what a parody, what a shame to trade with "The Truth". And all in the name of Law, Secular, Worldly Law.

But when Secular Law said give us documents about this and that, then WT said, we must obey god more then you :))))))))

35 minutes ago, AllenSmith34 said:

What makes you think the wheels are not turning only because it’s not satisfactory to your own perceived timeline? God’s timeline cannot be questioned by mere mortals. That doesn’t mean a lot hasn’t happened since 1914.

Former witnesses that NEVER received enlightenment will never understand. So, why ask the question. However, those that scuff at the GB as though their opinion matters receive less enlightenment from the Holy Spirit.

Therefore, for nostalgic purposes, PROVE nothing has happened?

Keep in mind the Watchtower is NOW! Enforcing their copyright material, and this website has been added to that list of violating copyright material. Since this site is far from being academic, and laughable to think so, STOP! Infringing on copyright material.

The Watchtower will also prevent their copyright material to be archived on other websites that are NOT their own. Good luck!

Sounds like you are making threats, and proves the WT are getting to be more a part of the world than ever. 

The GB should give more of it's time to worrying about a more important type of violation, that of children. 

18 minutes ago, AllenSmith34 said:

No threats. However, I do find the hostility against the GB tantalizing. The Watchtower has proven to show through their articles throughout the decades to show just that Butler. Caring and being responsible for our children. You just refuse to acknowledge the myriad of things published in the magazines. It’s like being tone deaf. However, any time you want to look at the articles, feel free to enter JW.org for honesty and truth.

You are also correct, The GB is there to receive God’s message not a court of law.

But since you continue to insinuate about child abuse, then looking at it by your perspective, WE are all GUILTY, including you Butler, since no one has the ability to read minds like Srecko mentioned. Therefore, it falls own all of us in order for the blame game to be effective.

This topic is about Armageddon, will it won't it happen ?  I get moaned at for not keeping on topic. 

Therefore if I reply to your comment I will get shot up by the World News Media police. They seem to love to bully only me in this regard. 

I am actually a 'member' of the JW org web page, with log in details etc. As for it being 'honesty and truth' well that is up to each of us to decide if we believe that.  

I also studied last Sunday's study article in the W/T, which i found amusing. Even though my wife is told by the Elders not to talk to me about spiritual things, as she is not baptised it not for the Elders to decide, so we still converse about such matters. 

Concerning the Child abuse issue, I would love to discuss this but it would probably need to be elsewhere or a new topic. 

As you say, WE are all guilty. That was why I left the Org, so as not to be guilty. But I must leave it there for fear of being shot down. 

8 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Thanks to heaven, people  have no  power to read other people mind and motives.  

But, thanks to heaven too, other people have power to be suspicious about other people words. Also to be stubborn and persistent in that. 

:))))

I say this because of your antics before and the very fact people can point your own words as flawed and or cryptic, for if you truly had respect for people, it would show, rather thank pressing on so an so, perhaps if I link something, you'd be quick to delete it.

Interesting that Mr.Butler agrees when he has not seen what many of us have seen.

Invite you to prove stubbornness, so far you haven't prove your own words before, thus being corrected with something is seen as unfounded, not even close to factual information - remember Chloe?

8 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

... dear Anna, if you open NWT Bible on page 1578 and 1579 (in Croatian edition 2006) authors of translation quoted how John (apostle) wrote 1,2 and 3 John in a year cca 98.

So, book of Revelation is the book that placed on last position of Bible, but last written was those 3 letters, not Revelation, according to WT.

Actually you are missing the point. The original source tells you The Revelation of John and or Apocalypse. It is the last book of the Bible as is in most translations, though not the last written. Another name for it is the Apocalypse of John the Apostle [Apocalypse de Jean l'apôtre].

As for this, Croatian Edition 2006, can you be more specific, granted the language is possibly Croatian - hrvatski? Also regardless of whatever language, this is in fact true with what they say here: https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200003717

And what we see in Bible History: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Revelation (Go to Canonical History)

Fact: Revelation was the last book accepted into the Christian biblical canon, and to the present day some churches that derive from the Church of the East reject it.

So to say according to the Watchtower only proves your ignorance, when outside of the realm of Watchtower, this same information is professed, so I ask you, are you really looking into the Scriptures or simply, trying to be respectful by not telling the truth?

Surely, Srecko, you can do better than that, but to fool people isn't your strong suit. I've also provided another source for you, so you can correct yourself, granted Mr. Butler agrees with you, he himself can learn more about his Bible. Consider this an education process for the both of you.

The next question is... Do you really not know that according to the Book of Revelations, its author was on the island of Patmos for the word of God and for the testimony of Jesus, when he was honored with the vision contained in Revelation?

Everyone knows the last 3 were the Epistles, but the last Book of the Bible is what is being spoken of here, regardless of source or translation, everyone knows this and in that last Book, John was inspired to have seen these visions on the island, thus Revelations.

I mean, Revelations 1:9 was a dead giveaway, I mean, sheesh man:

I, John, your brother and partner in the tribulation and the kingdom and the patient endurance that are in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos on account of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus.

Therefore, I invited, do yourself a favor, and learn more about Apostle John, read it even everything pertaining to this Apostle.

Here is another fact, a brief one: John is the only one who had written the rare conversation Jesus had with a leader of the Jews by the name of Nicodemus. Nicodemus himself played a role in Jesus' burial.

18 hours ago, Anna said:

Really? What scripture is that in?

In another thread @Srecko Sostar made the claim that a woman named Chloe lead the Church of Corinth, basing his own view on a single verse (1 Corinthians 1:11) using this as legitimate proof that somehow Chloe lead the Church. I even told him to prove it, but he as well as Witness failed when the Biblical Facts were placed in front of them, Witness began the thread and yielded upon his own feelings and opinions, even going as far as to say that someone of has the holy spirit on them was only speaking of an opinion when in reality Paul was referring to God's Order by means of Creation, our first human parents.

The funny thing is how the both of them attempt to defend a Tradition of Men regarding women leadership in a church, one of them even stated, out of disdain of the truth, that I am somehow anti-women for making the W in women lowercase, when I type too fast for my own good to even realize that, and I asked him, prove I am against women, of which he cannot prove, nor can Srecko.

What they fail to see is women as roles in the church as well as men, however, according to God's Order, there are roles that are for men that women cannot do, however both men and women help the church out, furthermore, God's Order also reflects the family structure, such as the husband, the wife, the child, hence the family itself and so forth.

But yes, every time a biblical fact is thrown into their face, they are quick to bring up JWs, when I am talking solely about the Church Structure and how things were before people started to change up things to equal that of Traditions of Men. Next thing you know, Srecko and Witness will probably defend Furries taking religious office in a church.

That being said, Srecko has a habit of deleting things, so I make sure to quote him and make a response so his own word does not vanish, as it has last time. This thread was created by Witness regarding women.

9 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

dear Anna, if you open NWT Bible on page 1578 and 1579 (in Croatian edition 2006) authors of translation quoted how John (apostle) wrote 1,2 and 3 John in a year cca 98.

That is what John Butler noticed about comment you gave. And that is just that. Nothing more. Not John Butler not me made up things about this issue. We just read NWT Bible and check information about "last" inspired words that found its place in Bible books.

Yes, I know :). I wasn't disputing that.

Just a couple of points Space Merchant. 

If Hitler had made a comment i thought was true, I would back up the comment, not the man.

If Srecko makes a comment which I agree with I will say that i agree with that comment.. I will judge the comment not the man or woman making it. I will also not go back ten pages to look for other comments they have made. 

I have in fact felt this  "stubborn and persistent"  attitude against me on here, but I'm not moved by it. 

Space Merchant says "But yes, every time a biblical fact is thrown into their face, they are quick to bring up JWs, when I am talking solely about the Church Structure..." 

Um, go to the very top of the page. Read what this site is all about . JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES PUBLIC CLUB.  Then look at the topic heading Jehovah's witnesses ..... Armageddon. What makes THEM  think it will still happen ? It is about the Jehovah's witnesses, not about the Church structure or the early church. 

7 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

If Hitler had made a comment i thought was true, I would back up the comment, not the man.

And your point? I back up a majority of what I say on here, at times being overly factual. Unless you have something else to say, I am waiting.

If Srecko makes a comment which I agree with I will say that i agree with that comment.. I will judge the comment not the man or woman making it. I will also not go back ten pages to look for other comments they have made. 

And yet when he judges me you voted it up. I am not a stubborn person, I am, however, very strict and pressing with information, mainly if something spoken of is untrue, in the realm of religion, I will point something out and make it clear from what is true and not true.

For when a truth is spoken, such of which is too much for one to handle, and there is a whole lot of that.

I have in fact felt this  "stubborn and persistent"  attitude against me on here, but I'm not moved by it. 

Stubbornness and persistence, no. Strict yes, I even told you this the first time I ever made comment to you and to others. If I tell you a truth, an actual truth, you would say something else only to be met with truth, and if anyone has been aware, I always make a response as to where my name is mentioned and if I see something that is not correct, I will make a response.

If Srecko says that God has no problem with men/women physically changing their reproductive system to the opposite sex, of course I will make a response to it - and yes, he did say this before, it caught my eye and I did make the response.

If you believe that someone who speaks truth is stubborn, maybe it would be best to take the time and read Isaiah 28 and see how the leader of Judah responded to Prophet Isaiah, who was not stubborn at all, but very strict on what he says although he kept repeating himself.

You should be moved by what is true and not that of man's understanding, of which the last 2 times, when the truth was sent your way, you seem a bit flustered by it.

As for the strictness, I can get irritated, but this is only towards Trinitarians and anyone who speaks ill of the holy spirit or those who brush over biblical principles that tie in with God's Laws and commandments.

Space Merchant says : "But yes, every time a biblical fact is thrown into their face, they are quick to bring up JWs, when I am talking solely about the Church Structure..." 

This is in fact true, here is the proof of where I posted the Bibical Facts to such ones who attempt to bring up JW every time when the truth of God's Order is presented in their faces, have a look, Mr. Butler:

There are some typos but the response was clear to Srecko, when it comes to facts: Like I told you before, the Jehovah's Witnesses or the Watchtower cannot save you here, and you only proven yourself to be incorrect, granted that anyone even to Theologians know the history of Restorationist.

Um, go to the very top of the page. Read what this site is all about . JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES PUBLIC CLUB.  Then look at the topic heading Jehovah's witnesses ..... Armageddon. What makes THEM  think it will still happen ? It is about the Jehovah's witnesses, not about the Church structure or the early church. 

I know what the topic is about for if it irks you that much you didn't take to task to stop Mr. Srecko now did you? It didn't stop you from going about speaking of inspiration and the other things when, as you put it, the topic is about Armageddon I made my response regarding a specific discussion on this forum, granted what I said was to respond to @Anna to briefly explain the discussion, not to you, of which actually took place.

If it is Armageddon response you seek, it is an Armageddon response you shall have.

Armageddon, spoken of as God's day, his war against the wicked, read in Revelations 16:14, 16 and 19:11-21. It is also in reference to  /meaning Tel [Mount] Megiddo. It is the war of the great day of God, El Shaddai in which the kings and leaders on earth, mainly those who put God's people to task in the worse ways will be getting their dues paid for in full.

As for when it will happen, no one knows for sure, but the Bible tells us it is near and we are to keep on maintain our faith, to be vigilant and so forth, remain steadfast in what is true. We also can't make a claim of it going to happen this year or that year, etc, examples like the whole debacle in 2017 or 2012 where the literal claim of the world will end has been said, proclaimed, movies made, put into video games, etc, even going as far as to get the whole Planet X troop riled up, who they themselves think the earth as a whole would be replaced with another earth, or those who use the Eclipse as an excuse that the world would end. No one knows the day or the hour, but only God knows, the angels, nope, Jesus, nada, no one but Hashem, no one but Jesus' God, my God, your God, the God of each and every one of us here on this forum.

There is no middle ground, you either for life or for death. And the implications and context is as clear as the sky in this sense.

I see the early church as the bread of Christianity, the early Church, they too believed in God's Day and Judgement that will be unleashed unto the wicked for such was spoken on in the Scriptures that they themselves had.

That being said, none of us knows the day or hour, playing the guessing game is of no help either. As for you have mentioned about 1975, that has been debunked for sometime now and the fact that a great deal went about to take down a very credible source on this matter was evident, it only shows who was in the right here, for no JW would be foolish to claim that Armageddon would happen in 1975, if that was the case it would have defeated the purpose of ceasing the gospel and or Great Commission, hence why I took information from the now long gone source and posted it here as legitimate proof.

As for the other thing you mentioned before, Restorationist, as a organized group or a sole individual living in the outskirts of Yemen, none of them never, and ill ever claim to be inspired, it is not in the fabric of their Christology, nor in those who make the attempt to put into application of the early church, thus making any false claim immediately shot down when evidence is in use. If you have people, like Atheists who knows this stuff too, then surely you have a problem trying to make a claim of something that is unfounded, thus making the resolve invalid.