The World News Media

Vladimir Putin discusses Orthodox Church crisis in Ukraine with Russian Security Council

TheWorldNewsOrg

via

A dispute broke out Thursday over whether the Ukrainian Orthodox Church should be independent from the Moscow Patriarchate after the Istanbul-based patriarch recognized several separatist churches and their leaders and gave them back control over parishioners.

The Russian Orthodox Church described the proposed split as catastrophic for the Eastern Orthodoxy and millions of people in Ukraine and beyond. The Moscow-affiliated Ukrainian Orthodox Church said the synod’s decision was a hostile act and threatened the Constantinople patriarch with anathema.

• Views 805
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I go through all of your comments, don’t I?

It reminds me how Emperor Constantine stepped in, about 1700 or so years ago, and decided for warring Christendom, that Jesus "would be" both god and man at the same time .... like HE was and desired to be  viewed ... and under threat of death for disobedience to politically unite the Roman Empire, changed the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday, which was when the pagan roman army worshiped the Sun, and by Imperial military force, consolidated  the Trinity Doctrine for the unified Roman Catholic Church.

Ever wonder why the Catholic Church  leaders have such big hats and unusual "uniforms", and priests wear black ... the color of death ... all as if they were military uniforms denoting rank and position?

Constantine actually created the Roman Catholic Church as a "Universal" Roman EMPIRE based religion based on the organizational structure and titles and uniforms of the Roman Army, and the priests of the Roman sun god "Sol Invictus", and other minor gods.

"Pontifex Maximus" ( Pope ) was a title used by a Roman army general, who would make pontoon bridges across rivers to attack the enemies of Rome.

Constantine  set himself up as "Guardian of the Doctrine", thus insuring people viewed him, the same way they by  Imperial edict, were ordered to view Christ ... to suppress dissent and get the people focused on his political objectives. the chief of which was to consolidate his absolute and total political  power.

He played Christendom like  the famous American pianist Liberace played a piano.

Constantine was a MASTER politician.

So is Putin.

So are most of Christendom's clergy

We are amateurs, by comparison.

... but the Watchtower Society Organization  is  catching up FAST!

On 10/13/2018 at 7:28 AM, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

. but the Watchtower Society Organization  is  catching up FAST!

I liked everything about your post but this. You really should try to be more realistic. Master politicians? (referring to the GB)

1 hour ago, Anna said:
On 10/13/2018 at 7:28 AM, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

. but the Watchtower Society Organization  is  catching up FAST!

I liked everything about your post but this. You really should try to be more realistic. Master politicians? (referring to the GB)

The GB are TRYING to be master politicians, that is why they issued the directive to have 8 million JWs send 10 letters each to the Russian Federation, which had NO EFFECT whatsoever, except transfer about $56.000.000 DOLLAR (equivalent) to the treasury of the Russian Federation via terminal duties to deliver mail via the Universal Postal Union.

NOBODY even CAN read that many letters.

This was OBVIOUSLY a political attempt at influencing the Russian Government.   The name of that... is POLITICS.

If I wanted to bribe the Russkies, this would  an absolutely untraceable way to GIVE them $56 MILLION DOLLARS, in free money.

It is either Master politics if it worked, or incompetent clulessness if it didn't.

Pinky & The Brain - What Do You Want To Do Today_.mp4

On 10/14/2018 at 7:42 PM, TrueTomHarley said:
On 10/14/2018 at 6:15 PM, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

NOBODY even CAN read that many letters.

I go through all of your comments, don’t I?

You are not supposed to go THROUGH them ... you are supposed to splash about in them, marinate in them, wallow in them, luxuriate in them, like a porpoise happily frolicking in the open ocean, with that porpoiseful permanent smile!

13 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

You are not supposed to go THROUGH them ... you are supposed to splash about in them, marinate in them, wallow in them, luxuriate in them, like a porpoise happily frolicking in the open ocean, with that porpoiseful permanent smile!

I am not sure, but I believe my parakeet does all of that before pooping on them.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.