TheWorldNewsOrg

• Views 1.6k
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was once talking to my wife at a restaurant about the disadvantages, physically, of growing old, and a waitress servicing the table, who was listening, asked me "Don't you wish you could be young, a

It is my understanding (?) that SEARS owns Discover Credit Card ... and that for more than 20 years the interest made from Sears Credit Cards, was more than their profits from retail sales. If tr

via .ORGWorld News

Posted Images

During the Obama Administration, here in the small town where I live, there was a Gander Mountain Firearms Superstore that did a terrific business.  A building as large as an average large grocery store.

I was very happy that MY little town could support a firearms superstore!

When Trump came in, people stopped buying massive weaponry, and the company went out of business.

I disagreed with almost everything Obama was, stood for, believed, and practiced, but I will have to admit, for eight years every time he spoke against  guns, he sold another 150,000. 

For eight years stores could not keep stocked with ammunition, even with factories producing 24/7/365., and the prices went up dramatically. 

THAT I did not care for.

I used to go into Gander Mountain and imagine I lived in a house with a closet that well stocked.

80% of non-food things I buy, I buy from Amazon cheaper than at a store, better selection, and delivered to my door for free.

If I wanted a Robot, that is the FIRST place I would look.

The second place would be Hammacher Schlemmer for a genuine 7 foot tall Robby the Robot.

I sleep upstairs, so having a Robot that CANNOT climb stairs, is a plus.

10921A_1000x1000.jpg

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, admin said:

Sears chairman Eddie Lampert's hedge fund, ESL Investments, offered to buy the rest of the bankrupt company in a deal valued at $4.6 billion.

What is up with this guy?

Without doing any research at all ... my best guess is that he intends to act as a "Corporate Raider", and take a business where the parts salvaged are worth more than the whole.  I seem to remember that Sears is the parent company of "Discover" Credit Card, and for some time, Sears has made more money off of their Sears credit card fees than their retail sales.

etc.

etc.

• 2 months later...