The World News Media

Leah Remini Tackles Jehovah's Witnesses for 'Scientology and the Aftermath'

Jack Ryan

On 3/12/2019 at 11:54 AM, Shiwiii said:

you're funny. I mean, you already know that what I said is true. It DOES sound like the wt, because they do exactly that. 

Your statement here is silly. Why? because your feelings are hurt and want to lash out. No one agrees that mainstream Christianity disfellowships or excommunicates or shuns.  You are just hurt, and that's ok. It'll get better. 

You assume way too much my friend. I don't hurt easily, I speak of what is true. It is not unknown to anyone the JW community and their churches profess excommunication, and it is not a shock to anyone who understand where excommunication originated from and how it was practiced. The church of the Christ does expel persons and such a practice is committed by those who applies it. Those of the mainstream practice 2 ill forms of excommunication, something I brought up before, and it waters down and or damages what Jesus entrusted the disciples in this current day and age.

You are confusing Restorationist with mainstream Christendom. For last I checked, they, among a handful of others are not interfaith, nor do they integrate things of this world into their churches.

That being said, you humor me, I invite you to profess how am I hurt and or sad when I shed nothing of the sort in this sense here?

But I do saith, when it comes to forums and communities as such, even for here, regardless of who you are, the rules are sent by the admin here, and we are to abide by them, as with every forum or social space. Going beyond that will result in termination and or being kicked out, thus even goes for educational institutions, governmental, business, religious, etc. Such ones have the ability to bind and loosen said community, just as Jesus commanded his disciples, to bind and loosen, after all, yous aid it best yourself, shouldn't we be following Jesus command?

You are not the first to try me, nor are you the last, but you are free to try.

• Views 2.7k
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No one is forcing anyone to stay in the religion, just like no one is forcing anyone to pay ransom in a kidnapping situation.

Did you forgot when the Pharoah asked Moses why he should let the Jews leave? Moses just replied with "JW.org"

TTH was in LlOYD's  HOUSE. The "homeowner" sets the rules about what speech is permitted. That is also true at the Kingdom Hall, and at my house. It is also true with The Librarian, and

Posted Images

On 3/11/2019 at 10:06 PM, TrueTomHarley said:

Not to mention a wonderful Librarian.

Yes. Not every form is blessed with good folk. For Christian admins at CSE, if you do not have facts to make up your information, you will lose rep and your response removed. If anything you will get a comment follow up that says "lacking in evidence and or information" something of that sort.

So what is said, must be detailed and backed up with clear information. Well here, some of us still cling to the original state of this section, i.e. controversial posts.

But hey, anything goes from time to time on a forum.

15 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

You are confusing Restorationist with mainstream Christendom.

you keep bringing this up, but you know what? No one has mentioned it but you. Seems like you want a discussion on the topic. Do it. 

15 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

But I do saith, when it comes to forums and communities as such, even for here, regardless of who you are, the rules are sent by the admin here, and we are to abide by them, as with every forum or social space. Going beyond that will result in termination and or being kicked out, thus even goes for educational institutions, governmental, business, religious, etc. Such ones have the ability to bind and loosen said community, just as Jesus commanded his disciples, to bind and loosen, after all, yous aid it best yourself, shouldn't we be following Jesus command?

This is straight up comedy.   Since you failed at expanding on the "mainstream Christianity" thing, you've had to resort to fourms and private clubs. Keep going sm, tell us about the knitting circle that won't allow cross stitch and how that ties back to your statement that Christians shun. 

7 hours ago, Shiwiii said:

you keep bringing this up, but you know what? No one has mentioned it but you. Seems like you want a discussion on the topic. Do it. 

Is that a problem? I brought it up because that information is true, something factual. When you study religious theology, things like this is known. And Restorationist are among the fold who are not part of the mainstream, hence why there is always a conflict between they and them.

This is straight up comedy.   Since you failed at expanding on the "mainstream Christianity" thing, you've had to resort to fourms and private clubs.

I have spoken of mainstream Christendom many, many times. It pertains to the threads I've started here on how they twist Scripture into some other form of doctrine, one of which you were in said discussion briefly. And no, I have been preaching and teachings not to the people I help, homeless, youth, what have you, but to those that speak of doctrines that is not of the church. I have even stated I do this publicly in person, etc. Hence why I, as well as many from cse, are often on conversation and or debate when we are met with falsehood.

If I had to resort to forums only, why would I have preached the messages of the gospel to those in Thailand? Africa? Recently the countries of my parents? There are times whereas I am absent, if not work, if not helping young ones or the homeless, I am preaching the gospel to those who want to have a head start in learning the Bible.

Keep going sm, tell us about the knitting circle that won't allow cross stitch and how that ties back to your statement that Christians shun. 

cross stitch? You do realize I am Unitarian, right? If I am not mistaken, you brought this up, and it is not the first time I've explained excommunication and 3 forms practiced by Christians today whereas only one form out of the 3 is correct. If I mention it now, you'd simply equate your comment about a separate discussion.

That being said, I still don't understand your claim of me being hurt. Seems to be the other way around if one such as yourself is irked that easily to even make the first response that brought us to this point. But hey, it is evident when I see people watering down Scripture.

18 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

I have spoken of mainstream Christendom many, many times. It pertains to the threads I've started here on how they twist Scripture into some other form of doctrine, one of which you were in said discussion briefly. And no, I have been preaching and teachings not to the people I help, homeless, youth, what have you, but to those that speak of doctrines that is not of the church. I have even stated I do this publicly in person, etc. Hence why I, as well as many from cse, are often on conversation and or debate when we are met with falsehood.

If I had to resort to forums only, why would I have preached the messages of the gospel to those in Thailand? Africa? Recently the countries of my parents? There are times whereas I am absent, if not work, if not helping young ones or the homeless, I am preaching the gospel to those who want to have a head start in learning the Bible.

you missed my point because I wasn't clear enough. I did not mean that you resort to a forum to discuss topics. I meant was that you are using the concept of a forum or social space, educational institutions, etc. as oppose to the stance of mainstream Christianity, because you failed to support your claim on mainstream Christianity shun's. 

On 3/15/2019 at 2:14 PM, Shiwiii said:

you missed my point because I wasn't clear enough.

Ok. And your point?

I did not mean that you resort to a forum to discuss topics. I meant was that you are using the concept of a forum or social space, educational institutions, etc.

And yet that was of my original response until you equated such to a faith community. Because forums are usually like this. They had guidelines, rules, regulations when it comes to topic focused things, comments, review, etc. in conjunction to that, those who partake in said forum space who can bring forth an opinion, speak their peace, converse, joke and troll, or that one guy who has very little to say but only wants to be notice by his senpai, the admin, etc.

My focus was Admin and Librarian in terms of this forum, and yet, as stated, you threw in a faith community and suddenly assume I am mad, angered or hurt when I show little to no such thing on a forum, or in a public area in the realm of discussion and or debate.

as oppose to the stance of mainstream Christianity, because you failed to support your claim on mainstream Christianity shun's. 

I do not want to find your response in this claim amusing, but I must. Are you aware of what mainstream Christendom is and their practices? Their theological stance and so forth? Mainstream Christendom not only integrates doctrines that are not of Jesus' church, but they tend to water down and twist the teachings and other things concerning the Bible. How are you so sure that mainstream Christendom practices binding and loosening in the church when the majority practices 2 out of 3 excommunication concepts that is not related to what was entrusted to the church?

That being said, I advise you understand the difference between True Christianity and mainstream Christianity being unaware of such will only bring forth confusion on your part when most people who has discernment and understanding can tell the difference.

Other than that, excommunication I had spoken of several times before. Do not get it confuse with the MSC.

18 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

I do not want to find your response in this claim amusing, but I must. Are you aware of what mainstream Christendom is and their practices? Their theological stance and so forth? Mainstream Christendom not only integrates doctrines that are not of Jesus' church, but they tend to water down and twist the teachings and other things concerning the Bible. How are you so sure that mainstream Christendom practices binding and loosening in the church when the majority practices 2 out of 3 excommunication concepts that is not related to what was entrusted to the church?

That being said, I advise you understand the difference between True Christianity and mainstream Christianity being unaware of such will only bring forth confusion on your part when most people who has discernment and understanding can tell the difference.

this is a nice example of not defending your position. My experience in "mainstream Christianity" proves otherwise when it comes to shunning. You again have failed to support your claim. 

On 3/19/2019 at 4:06 PM, Shiwiii said:

this is a nice example of not defending your position. My experience in "mainstream Christianity" proves otherwise when it comes to shunning. You again have failed to support your claim. 

So you are of mainstream Christendom?

My claims are actually true and I have posted information on such because I had brought forth facts in regards to this, elsewhere, there has always been discussion and debate on such. You think that the mainstream does not practice some form of excommunication that is not of the church, but the facts I had professed here several times says otherwise. Watering down the church of the Christ is indefensible.

On 3/19/2019 at 3:24 PM, JOHN BUTLER said:

I advise you understand the difference between True Christianity and mainstream Christianity 

I already know this regarding Christians who do what was done by the early church vs. those that do not and apply to such things such as tradition, i.e. gay marriage, interfaith, sodomy, professing of actions that is unChristian, etc. We have examples, for instance, Kairos Movement, etc.

So SM you are not a JW

Biblical Unitarian, non-denominational. I recall last time you tried to accuse me of being supportive of the interfaith, only to correct and rebuke you on this claim and you apologized to the confusion because you didn't know any better to which I had accepted.

so are JW's True Christianity and if so why are you not one of the m ? :) 

The Jehovah's Witnesses, as much as you heard me say it before, are Restorationist. There are 2 types of Restorationism, lone Christians, and there are organized ones, and of course we know that Jehovah's Witnesses are an organized bunch, and they are everywhere, perhaps you have one at your workplace, institution of any sort, maybe under your bed. Restorationist in a much are consider true Christians because they do anything and everything to strive to be like the True Church itself, some Restorationist take it to the extreme as to live life 100% simple, this picture below is someone who I had a chance to speak to, he is a Restorationist Christian

image.png

image.png

Us Biblical Unitarians, we to strive to be like the church, some better than others, which is the case with me as well. Others outside of Biblical Unitarianism, I see them as those also, like of another nation and or tribe who are doing the same thing regarding God whereas others give in to tradition of men, practices and the like, what have you.

This is why it is very important, all who move away from mainstream Christendom into true Christendom, recognize the teachings and what was spoken of by God himself. And to such it has to be taken very seriously, for doing all things for God and following the teacher, his Son, it requires sacrifice and total devotion and complete servitude to God our Father.

That being said, those among the mainstream crowd tend to confuse the teachings and confuse others on this same notion, like my last discussion with you regarding what nakedness actually is to which you had been corrected on the truth of the matter.