Guest Nicole

Are JWs allowed to get Platelet-rich plasma?

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

Guest Nicole -
JOHN BUTLER -

Top Posters

Guest Nicole

Are JWs   allowed to get this treatment? 

"Platelet-rich plasma (PRP), also known as autologous conditioned plasma, is a concentrate of platelet-rich plasma protein derived from whole blood, centrifuged to remove red blood cells."

For example to reduce wrinkles on the face

On 10/21/2018 at 2:43 AM, Nicole said:

Are JWs   allowed to get this treatment? 

"Platelet-rich plasma (PRP), also known as autologous conditioned plasma

I suppose it is more a question of would a Jehovah's witness want this sort of treatment?

"Autologous Conditioned Plasma or ACP, as it is more commonly known, is plasma that is rich in platelets. Another closely related procedure uses Platelet-rich plasma (PRP). Blood is extracted from a patient and then ACP/PRP is extracted using the process of centrifugation. ACP/PRP is usually used in order to facilitate the process of regeneration in orthopaedic and surgical procedures."

"For the patient, the process is pretty much similar to a regular blood test. A small sample of blood is extracted from the patient’s body using a syringe – just like in a blood test. The blood is drawn from a superficial vein in a small quantity. After the blood is drawn, the role of a patient is over – temporarily. This blood is then passed through the process of centrifugation (rapid spinning to separate out the different elements of the blood). In this process, the autologous conditioned plasma is separated from other components present in the blood. After the ACP/PRP is conditioned, it is then injected back into the body of the patient at the point where it is needed"       

Hello guest!

1. It is a primary blood componet (as are platelets).

2. It is made from the patient's own blood (Autologous).

3. It is separated from the patients circulatory system, processed in a centrifuge, returned later to the patient's body.

Point 3 would be the determining factor in making such a treatment unacceptable to one of Jehovah's witnesses. 

Guest Nicole

Thanks @Gone Away 

22 minutes ago, Gone Away said:

Point 3 would be the determining factor in making such a treatment unacceptable to one of Jehovah's witnesses.

I remember the case of a brother who had a surgery, I don't remember the name of treatment, but doctors used a machine to circulate his blood outside his body, he was not repproved or something else. Elders said that as the blood was still circulating, the machine was considered as an extension of his body, he was not really getting a transfusion. Do you know the name of this treatment? 

I do agree with you that it would be unacceptable when blood is separated from the circulatory system temporarily and then injected back although someone might say that it is not blood anymore, it is only platelets 

11 minutes ago, Nicole said:

Do you know the name of this treatment? 

Hello guest!

As long as the circulation is not interrupted, a Jehovah's witness MAY conscientously submit to the use of a cell saver.

Hello guest!

"Cell salvage in South Tees NHS Trust

Currently the trust has five cell salvage machines. Four are on loan from the company which supply cell salvage equipment, and one is owned by the trust after it was donated by Jehovah’s Witness. The trust pays for the consumables that are used each time cell salvage is performed. The funding for this service comes from the pathology department."   

Hello guest!

Just as serious as whether or not you are going to violate the Scriptural Admonition of "Abstain from blood" ... is the serious problem of semantics ... how words are put together to either reflect existing thinking .. or to try an influence other's thinking.

Are JWs allowed to get Platelet-rich plasma?

That QUESTION scares the hell out of me, as I know how insidious the "environment" has become that generated it.

Allowed by WHO?

God's admonition against his declared personal property, for which he is jealous and possessive, stated "blood" is not to be used except for two things .... sacrifice to God, as was done in ancient Israel, and pouring it out onto the ground, after slaughtering an animal for food or resources needed by humans, which was an acceptable way of "returning the blood to God".

The ONLY reason blood fractions are allowed (ALLOWED!!) by the Governing Body is for better public relations spin, and to try for plausible deniability in today's cultures Earth wide so when sued, they will NOT LOSE MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF MONEY.

They had it right the first time .... but were overwhelmed by greed.

How to have it BOTH ways    .jpg

Yep, I think no blood would mean no blood, but did God actually mean that ?

I've said before, the Jews practice Pikuach Nefesh. Basically 'save a life'.

And the scripture at Matthew 12 v 9-12 shows Jesus viewpoint covering more than the literal Sabbath. 

We have to remember that the 'done thing' back in the days of the disciples was to drink the warm blood of fallen gladiators. So no wonder Jesus' followers said abstain from blood. Other folks were actually drinking it. 

I would have thought the seriousness of the blood was that Jesus gave His blood on our behalf. 

• Similar Content

• By The Librarian
      Certain foods, notably pork and shellfish, are forbidden; meat and dairy may not be combined and meat must be ritually slaughtered and salted to remove all traces of blood. Observant Jews will eat only meat or poultry that is certified kosher.
    • Guest Indiana
      By Guest Indiana
      Question:  Why did Jehovah’s Witnesses  recently organize a worldwide letter writing campaign due to the persecution in Russia and not for other countries where there is also persecution?
    • Guest Indiana
      By Guest Indiana
      Justice has authorized an premature newborn to receive blood transfusions, as opposed to the child's parents, who are Jehovah's Witnesses, a religion that prohibits the procedure. The ban occurred after maternity leave, in Goiânia, to come in with a request. The information is from G1.
      The child was born just 28 weeks and weighs just over 1 kg. Therefore, he was accepted as a bed for neonatal intensive care (ICU). The medical report shows that the baby has anemia and may need a "transfusion" at any time, as it does not show improvement.
      Judge Clauber Costa Abreu stated in his judgment that the release of blood transfusion is a right to life for a person who has not yet received the blood transfusion. can answer for itself. He used the Child and Youth Charter (ECA) to provide security in his decision. The judge also explained that he does not deny the couple's religious freedom, but access to health and life must prevail.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
    • By The Librarian
      An older instructional video a brother made to help others out.
    • Guest Indiana
      By Guest Indiana
      I read this question at another site, it is interesting to me since as far as I know in Spanish we don't use that phrase: 

JWs don't say, "I am a Jehovah's Witness."
      Instead, they say, "I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses."
      What does the second way of saying it convey that the first does not?
      In other words, why does the organization prefer the second formulation?
      This isn't a teaser.
      I really don't know the answer.

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Is not that equivalent to boast about the "many" hours you dedicate preaching about God over others who have not the same agenda?

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      What should I gift a new born of Jehovah's Witnesses?
    • By She
      How can I get comments for watchtower study’s  pictures ?
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Are Jehovah's Witnesses allowed to vote?
    • By James Thomas Rook Jr.
      Why doesn't the Society translate and provide the Russian Court Transcripts for us?
      Since somewhere around 5.5 million Brothers spent somewhere around 20 million hours writing letters to the officials of the Russian Federation mailing an average of somewhere around 4 letters each at an international postage rate of perhaps 80 MILLION DOLLARS, total ... why has the WTB&TS not translated FOR THE BROTHERHOOD, translations of the Russian REAL transcripts, so we will know exactly what is going on?
      You would think that for 80 or so MILLION DOLLARS, some usable hard data would be forthcoming, from people that reportedly are the world's best translators !!
      This affects the Brotherhood worldwide, as well as being banned in the Russian Federation .... I sure hope this is not a repeat of the Haiti Relief Fiasco, where the news was so onerous, the WTB&TS Relief efforts intertwined with the United Nations, and the Red Cross that the news of what really happened throughout the relief effort could not be published on the Society's "News" portion of the web site.
      Why doesn't the Society translate and provide the Russian Court Transcripts for us?.
      ... and the WORLD at large!
      .That is hard news EVERYBODY can use!
    • By The Librarian
      New research in the USA shows that Jehovah's Witnesses who refuse blood transfusions recover from heart surgery faster and with fewer complications than those who have transfusions.
      Patients who are Jehovah's Witnesses had better survival rates, shorter hospital stays, fewer additional operations for bleeding and spent fewer days in the intensive care unit than those who received blood trans­fusions during surgery, a study in the Archives of Internal Medicine shows.
      Jehovah's Witnesses undergo extensive blood conservation before surgery, including red blood-cell boosting erythropoietin drugs, iron and B-complex vitamins to guard against anaemia. The practice offered a "unique natural experiment" for scientists to study the short and long-term effects of the blood management strategy and may point to ways to reduce need for transfusions, researchers said.
      The study included 322 Jehovah's Witness patients and 87,453 other patients who underwent heart surgery at the Cleveland Clinic from 1983 to 2011. All Jehovah's Witness patients refused blood transfusions. In the other group, 38,467 did not receive transfusions while 48,986 did.
      The authors wanted to look at the difference between patients who receive blood transfusions during surgery and Jehovah's Witness patients, who undergo strict blood conservation practices before, during and after surgery, Koch said.
      While many patients do not have blood transfusions during and after heart surgery, they also do not undergo the same blood conservation practices that doctors use for Jehovah's Witness patients.
      Jehovah's Witness patients had an 86 per cent chance of survival at five years and a 34 per cent chance of survival 20 years after surgery, compared with 74 per cent at five years and 23 per cent at 20 years for non-Jehovah's Witness patients who had transfusions.

• By Jack Ryan
  • Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Rodsco
    Newest Member
    Rodsco

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.