The World News Media

The Trinity and Bible Proofs that Jesus Christ is God

Jesus.defender

The Trinity and Bible Proofs that Jesus Christ is God

1. Matthew 28:17-20 “they worshipped him”, “All power is given to me”, “I am with you always” and “baptizing them in the name (one God) of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost” = Trinity.

2. In Matthew 3:1-3, Jesus Christ fulfils Isaiah 40:3 to ‘Prepare the way of Jehovah’ and our God.

3. John 1:1 “the word was God” (KJV, NIV), not ‘a god’ (NWT). a) Isaiah 44:8 ‘Is there a God beside me?’ b) The absence of the article before “theos” (God) identifies “word” as the subject (Colwell’s rule)Ans855

‘The subject is identified by the article (ho logos) and the predicate (theos) without it.’ AT Robertson 5,4.

John did not use the word for “Godlike or a lesser god” (theios) to describe Jesus, but used “theos” (God).

All early writers disagree with JWs. (Irenaeus,Theophilus, Clement,Tertullian, Origen, Cyprian, Tatian).

All modern Greek experts disagree with JWs. (Zodhiates, AT Robertson, Wuest, Vine, Vincent, Mantey)

4. John 1:3 “All things were made by him” Malachi 2:10 “Hath not one God created us?” Jesus is Creator.

5. John 3:13 “Son of man which is in heaven.” Jesus is omnipresent (on earth and in heaven at same time)

6. John 4:42 “Christ, the Saviour of the world.” Isaiah 43:11 “Jehovah; beside me there is no saviour.”

7. John 5:18 “said God was his Father, making himself equal with God”. John believed it and quoted it.

8. John 5:23 “all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father” Do you honour the Son as God?

9. John 6:46 “Not that any man hath seen the Father.” Who did OT saints see who they said was God?Is6:5

10. John 8:24 “If ye believe not that I am, ye shall die in your sins.” Jehovah is “I am” in Exodus 3:1-14.

11. John 8:58,59 “Before Abraham was, I am. They took up stones to cast at him.” Jesus said He is God.

12. John 10:30 “I and my Father are One. They took up stones to stone him.” No stoning if agree with God.

13. John 10:33 “thou being a man, makest thyself God. They sought again to take him (39)”. Why?

14. John 16:15 “All things that the Father hath are mine:” All the Father’s attributes as God are Christ’s.

15. John 17:5 “the glory which I had with thee before the world was.” Isaiah 42:8 “I am Jehovah: my glory will I not give to another.” Jesus is Jehovah because he alone shares Jehovah’s exclusive glory.

16. John 20:28 “Thomas said unto him (Jesus), My Lord and my God.” No rebuke for blasphemy or error.

17. Acts 20:28 “Feed the church of God, which he (God) hath purchased with his own blood.” Jesus =God

18. I Cor. 1:2 “all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ.” Prayer to Jesus makes him God.

19. I Corinthians 15:47 ‘the second man is the Lord from heaven’ This is Jesus. No man is from heaven.

20. II Corinthians 13:14 is the Apostolic Benediction:“The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.” (II Corinthians 13:14).

Why is there a change in the order of the persons of the Trinity, compared to Matthew 28:19, if not to show that in this Trinity none is before or after the other, and none is better than another?

21. Philippians 2:6 “Who being in the form of God (in His pre-incarnate state Christ had the form of God) thought it not robbery to be equal with God.” (a prize to be held on to, not a prize to be won. AT Robertson).

22. Colossians 2:9 “In him (Christ) dwells all the fullness (exhausts the limits) of the Godhead bodily.”

23. I Thes 4:14 “them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.” Jesus returns as God at rapture.

24. I Timothy 3:16 “God was manifest in the flesh.” Jesus is God the Son conceived in Mary.

25. Titus 2:13 “the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.” Granville-Sharp rule: Jesus is God and Saviour.

26. Hebrews 1:6 “Let all the angels of God worship him.” Only worship God. Matt 4:10, Ps97:7 Son is God

27. Hebrews 1:8 “To the Son he saith, ‘Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever’” Psalm 45:6,7. Son is God.

28. Hebrew 1:10 “And (to the Son he saith), Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:.thou art the same.” Son is unchangeable creator. Ps102:24

29. Hebrews 1:13 To which of the angels said he, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool? 35

30. I John 5:7 “There are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.” 
The heavenly and earthly witnesses in v.7,8 are confirmed in v.9 by God and men.

The masculine article (oi) for “that” in v.7 is derived from the masculine nouns “Father and Word” in v.7.

31. Revelation 1:17,18 “I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth and was dead;” Jesus = first and last.

Revelation 1:11 “I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last:” Jesus = first and last = Alpha and Omega.

Revelation 22:12,13 “I come quickly; I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last.” Jesus=Alpha & Omega.

Revelation 1:8 “I am Alpha and Omega, the Almighty.” Jesus = first & last = Alpha & Omega =Almighty

32. Revelation 22:3 “the throne of God and of the Lamb.” Both God and the Lamb equally own the throne.

Revelation 22:3 “his servants shall serve him:” Both God and the Lamb equally own the same servants.

Revelation 22:4 “they shall see his face.” Both God and the Lamb have the same face.

Revelation 22:4 “his name shall be in their foreheads.” Both God and the Lamb have the same name.

Revelation 20:6 “they shall be priests (of God and of Christ), and shall reign with HIM a thousand years” Revelation 21:22 “for (the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb) are the temple of it.” Both are temple of NJ Revelation 21:23 “for (the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light) thereof.” Both light of NJ

33. God identifies Himself as “us” (a Trinity) in:‘God said “let us make man in our image”’ Genesis 1:26 ‘Jehovah God said, “Behold the man is become as one of us . . .’ Genesis 3:22. ‘Jehovah came down … the Lord said, let us go down.’ Genesis 11:5,7 ‘who will go for us?’ Isaiah 6:8. 34. Exodus 3:14 “I AM hath sent me unto you.” ‘I AM’ is the name of the angel of Jehovah, Jehovah, God (2,4,6) & Jesus in John 8:58 “Before Abraham was, I AM” & John 8:24 “If ye believe not that I AM”

35. Psalm 110:1. God told David that David’s son would be David’s God. ‘The LORD (Jehovah) said unto my Lord (Adonai), Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.’ Jesus applied this to Himself in Matthew 22:41-45 as a question: ‘If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?’ This shows that Jesus Christ would be both a man descended from David and David’s God.

36. Isaiah 6:1-8,5. “Mine eyes have seen the King, Jehovah of hosts” on the throne in heaven. God asked Isaiah “who will go for us?” (‘us’ = trinity). In John 12:37-41, John said, “These things said Esaias when he saw his (Jesus) glory, and spake of him (Jesus).” Jesus was the King, Jehovah of hosts that Isaiah saw.

37. Isaiah 9:6 ‘Unto us a child is born (human Jesus),unto us a son is given (God the Son): his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God.” Jehovah is Mighty God in Isaiah 10:21;Jer32:18; Ps 50:1

38. Isaiah 44:6 ‘Thus saith Jehovah the King of Israel (Father) and his redeemer Jehovah of hosts (Son)”

39. Isaiah 48:12,13,16 “Hearken unto me…Mine hand also has laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand has spanned the heavens:…Come ye near unto me,..the Lord GOD, and his Spirit has sent me.”

Me, mine, my and me is God the Son describing his two works of creation and of incarnation to save man.

40. Ezekiel 44:1,2 “This gate shall be shut…because Jehovah, the God of Israel has entered in by it.”

In Luke 19:45-47 Jesus, who is Jehovah, fulfilled this prophecy, entering the east gate on a colt in 33AD.

41. Hosea 4:1 and 5:15. Jehovah will return to ‘my place’ (heaven), till the Jews admit their offence of killing Jesus. “Hear the word of the LORD (Jehovah) (4:1),.I will go and return to my place (heaven), till they (Jews) acknowledge their offence (of killing Jesus), and seek my face: in their affliction (7 year tribulation) they (Jews) will seek me early.” Jehovah the Son came from heaven to be born of Mary as a man, he was rejected and crucified by the Jews. The resurrected Lord Jesus returned to heaven. Jesus will return when the Jews acknowledge their offence of killing Jesus. This occurs after the 7 year tribulation.

42. Zechariah 11:4,12,13. “Thus saith the LORD (Jehovah) my God; (v.4). If ye think good, give me my price; So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver (v.12)….I took the thirty pieces of silver, and cast them to the potter in the house of the LORD’ (Zechariah 11:4,12,13). (silver, temple floor, potter field) These three prophecies were fulfilled in Judas betraying Jesus Christ in Matthew 26:14-16 and 27:3-10.

43. Zechariah 12:9-10. When Jesus Christ returns to earth, He is identified as Jehovah God whom Israel pierced on the cross. “I (Jehovah) will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem (v.9). They (Israel) shall look upon me (Jehovah) whom they have pierced.” Jesus fulfilled this in John 19:37.

44. Zechariah 14:3,4,5,9. When Jesus Christ returns to earth on the Mount of Olives, He is identified as Jehovah God (Zechariah 14:3,4). ‘Then shall the LORD (Jehovah) go forth and fight against those nations, And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives (v.3-4)....the LORD (Jehovah) my God shall come, and all the saints with thee (v.5)….the LORD (Jehovah) shall be king over all the earth.’ When Jesus ascended to heaven from the Mount of Olives, two angels told those witnesses present that “this same Jesus shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.” (Acts 1:10-12).

45. In Zechariah 2:8-11, Jehovah the Son states twice that Jehovah the Father has sent Him to Israel. This proves that there are at least two persons in the Godhead, both called Jehovah.

“For thus saith Jehovah of hosts (the Son).. (v.8) Ye shall know that Jehovah of hosts (the Father) hath sent me (v.9). ‘I (Jehovah the Son) will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that Jehovah of hosts (Father) hath sent me unto thee.” (v.11).

Lesson: Jehovah (the Father) sends Jehovah (the Son). Two persons here are named Jehovah. This clearly proves that Jesus Christ in His pre-incarnate state is fully Jehovah God.

46. In Zechariah 3:2 “Jehovah said unto Satan, Jehovah rebuke thee, O Satan”.

One person in the Jehovah Godhead speaks about another person in the Jehovah Godhead. See Isaiah 48:16 Rules of Grammar dictate that: “Jehovah (the first person = person speaking) said unto Satan (the second person = person spoken to), Jehovah (the third person = person spoken about) rebuke thee.”

• Views 3.1k
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only factor that plays against you is the fact Jesus was/is able to do nothing himself expect the Father who is able to do these things. In the Gospel of John, Jesus insisted that he was not

@BillyTheKid46 Well there is more, including the ones all 3 of us had mentioned. That being, God raised him up again, having loosed the pangs of death, since it was not possible for him to

The Trinity and Bible Proofs that Jesus Christ is God 1. Matthew 28:17-20 “they worshipped him”, “All power is given to me”, “I am with you always” and “baptizing them in the name (one God) of th

2 hours ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

True. Doesn’t scripture refer to Christ as the firstborn (created)? Colossians 1:15 Then as the first created spirit child, he would experience the rest of all creation. Christ would be part of that creation, not as a creator, but the master builder. Once again, how can theologians resolve this conflict, If Jesus is referring to himself? Once again, why didn’t Satan understand he was speaking to God? Trinity is an independent view to oneness. This isn’t new as stated before. The conflict is how this oneness is interpreted. That is the special bond between God and Christ. Just as God the creator of all things, wanted to see that special bond he has with Christ for his chosen people, oneness. It's referring to unity just like a husband an wife become one flesh. all followers of Christ become one body in Christ. This is the correct way to view Tertullian's work.

it all depends on your interpretation of "firstborn" or rather 

G4416

πρωτοτόκος

prōtotokos

pro-tot-ok'-os

From G4413 and the alternate of G5088 ; first born (usually as {noun} literally or figuratively): - firstbegotten (-born).

But if we let scripture speak for itself,  what does John 1:3 say? Does it say that Jesus made everything that has ever been made and nothing that has ever been made was made without Him having made it? I believe it does.

There is no separation from verse 1 through 3 on who is the subject, the subject is Jesus. So with that being said, for Jesus to have been created, He would have to create Himself. 

To add to my last post :

G4413

πρῶτος

prōtos

pro'-tos

Contracted superlative of G4253 ; foremost (in {time} {place} order or importance): - {before} {beginning} {best} chief ({-est}) first (of {all}) former.

G5088

τίκτω

tiktō

tik'-to

A strengthened from of a primary word τέκω tekō (which is used only as an alternate in certain tenses); to produce (from {seed} as a {mother} a {plant} the {earth} {etc.}) literal or figurative: - {bear} be {born} bring {forth} be {delivered} be in travail.

@Jesus.defender Most of the stuff you said is a repeat from last time, Deserter and it has been confuted before and will always be confuted.

God cannot be his own mediator, for this role is for Jesus to the men he made the covenant with and on to the people of that same spiritual house.

God isn't a like a man or a son of man, or as Job puts it, he isn't men like us.

You cannot use Thomas either because Thomas was present when Martha spoke Jesus and Thomas was also there at Pentecost. When Jesus had risen, it was regarding seeing and believing - as to which you have been corrected on before and the final verse Jesus refereed to himself as God's Son.

And lastly, Jesus professed, even affirmed Shema Yisrael.

Your resolve holds no water, Deserter , as it has been before, to now and onward, nothing more than an imitation of the so called Christian known as Bob the Builder, therefore, the Trinity - is unbiblical and Scripturally unsound.

This is all good stuff but it proves to me that God only gives the right information, through Holy spirit, to those whom He chooses. Hence for everyone to read the bible does not always prove good. Even those that study Theology don't get it right all the time.. 

We know of course that The Word / Jesus, was created by God the Father. Jesus made it so clear on many occasions. Such as saying :-

The Father is greater than i am...  And at Mark 13 v 32 

“Concerning that day or the hour nobody knows, neither the angels in heaven nor the Son, but the Father."  

15 hours ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

How else can this be interpreted when it amounts to the same thing. Jesus was first created. Begotten Son, firstborn. The implication is God is recycling himself, for what purpose. If we stick with scripture, once again it becomes a book of deception, not fact. Then, theology has to rethink where it is not making any kind of sense.

We cannot just rely on scripture that might support our personal point of view and nullify the rest. This is unheard of with scholars and theologians.

It is interpreted by means of scripture. 

First we have to agree that scripture does not contradict itself. agreed? 

If that is your belief as well, then great we are on the same page. 

If John 1:3 states that not a single thing came into existence without Jesus, what does that mean to you? Does it mean that Jesus created Himself? Before you jump to your answer, let me just say that I believe that Jesus was begotten. This is evident by scripture. What does that even mean? Begotten? To keep this as simple as we can, lets stick with the book of John for a minute. John 1:14 mentions that Jesus is begotten , the only begotten from the Father.

The word in Greek is:

G3439

μονογενής

monogenēs

mon-og-en-ace

From G3441 and G1096 ; only {born} that {is} sole: - only ({begotten} child).

Which is derived from G3441 and G1096 which are:

G3441

μόνος

monos

mon'-os

Probably from G3306 ; {remaining} that {is} sole or single ; by implication mere: - {alone} {only} by themselves.

and 

G1096

γίνομαι

ginomai

ghin'-om-ahee

A prolonged and middle form of a primary verb; to cause to be ( gen {-erate}) that {is} (reflexively) to become ( come into {being }) used with great latitude ({literally} {figuratively} {intensively} etc.): - arise be {assembled} be ({come} {-fall} -have {self}) be brought (to {pass}) (be) come (to {pass}) {continue} be {divided} be {done} {draw} be {ended} {fall} be {finished} {follow} be {found} be {fulfilled} + God {forbid} {grow} {happen} {have} be {kept} be {made} be {married} be ordained to {be} {partake} {pass} be {performed} be {published} {require} {seem} be {showed} X soon as it {was} {sound} be {taken} be {turned} {use} {wax} {will} {would} be wrought.

As we can see here is means single,only,sole of what? to become, be brought to, to cause to be. Sounds very much like created, I agree. However, within context of John 1:3, it would mean that Jesus created Himself. The writers could have also used a different word in John 1:14 instead of begotten and that would be :

G2936

κτίζω

ktizō

ktid'-zo

Probably akin to G2932 (through the idea of the proprietorship of the manufacturer ); to {fabricate} that {is} found ( form originally): - {create} {Creator} make.

Clearly this kitzo has the meaning of created and it is used throughout the New Testament when read in context. But that wasn't the word used to describe Jesus. The idea of begotten is only found in the New Testament 9 times with 6 of those attributed to Jesus. The other 3 are speaking of a single child of a father or mother. This is true, but if you look at how it is used towards Jesus vs how it is used towards the son or daughter the other three times, you see a vast difference of importance within context.

Did Jesus come from the Father? yes.

Is Jesus unlike ANY other? yes

Was Jesus created? no. 

16 hours ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

The metaphor of firstborn is of course, figurative. God is not male or female. He is internal energy. This makes it clear God creates not gives birth.

I agree with this statement. 

I have provided scripture and definitions from Strong's to support my belief. I haven't nullified any scripture nor ignored any. please demonstrate from your perspective, with Scripture and we can go from there. 

We here seem to agree that this man made doctrine of the trinity is a false one, contradicting itself when read against the entire theme of scripture. Using the context of the sense  "only begotten son" , the only other time this phrase was used in scripture was for the son of Abraham. How do we understand that Isaac was such a child? The same way the only BEGOTTEN, created by the hand of Jehovah God ONLY SON, was in the beginning. After which all other life came into existence through him and by him as scripture states. And Revelation 4:11 tells us that it is by Jehovah God's will that all things were created. ALL THINGS, even his son, the Word, at the start. Jehovah is alone, with a son, no equal. But his son is a chip off the old block. Knows how his Father thinks and feels. They had been together for eons of time before other spirit creatures came to exist. And even longer before physical life came to be. When that spirit son came to exist on earth, he was known by the demonic creatures he encountered and they had no problem with knowing who he really was. Never did they call him God. Gabriel when announcing his birth also knew was coming and it was not the Almighty God from heaven, but he was sending his Son. Gabriel knew that. And it was so recorded in scripture. So why now after his leaving going back to heaven there is this confusion about who Jesus Christ truly is, son of God or God himself? Because of this rancid doctrine that falsely teaches a lie. Jesus prayed at John 17:26 that he had made his Father's name known, not his own. He also prayed that the union he enjoyed with his Father, that his disciples would come to also enjoy with Jehovah. Never taught, never that he was God. The voice from heaven each of the three times it spoke never confirmed that it was talking to God, but 'MY SON' each time. So if the sky is blue and one keeps saying it is not, that person can't be helped. The conversation is hopeless.

4 hours ago, John Houston said:

Revelation 4:11 tells us that it is by Jehovah God's will that all things were created.

I like using the Revelation on this topic. It says at Rev.1:1 that it is "A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him,"

Haven't seen anyone successfully wrestle with this.

5 hours ago, Outta Here said:

I like using the Revelation on this topic. It says at Rev.1:1 that it is "A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him,"

Or this one.... Wait for it.... Acts 2 pretty much tells you God raised Jesus from the Dead, and he made Jesus both Lord and Christ. Trinitarians do not like to go to Acts 1 and 2 at all.

6 hours ago, Outta Here said:

I like that one too

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.