The World News Media

How iconic pastrami sandwich-slinging Katz’s Deli stays in business against the odds:...

TheWorldNewsOrg

• Views 240
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorta like "Pinks" valet service Hot Dog Stand in Hollywood, California, at North La Brea Ave. and Melrose Ave. ... world famous icon.

Posted Images

It was interesting to read how places like these are impossible to build in our modern economy. These places basically exist because they already own outright their own real estate and can survive on super thin margins.

Business in general has just become harder. 

1 hour ago, LNN said:

Business in general has just become harder.

Before Obama, Supermarkets in my town were plentiful, and were open 24 hours a day, and strip malls were fully rented, and apparently making a profit.

8 years of Obama, and half the stores in strip malls are empty and closed, the Supermarkets are open half as long, the Contract Engineering profession was almost totally destroyed, FORCING me to retire early ... and rules and regulations on every aspect of human behavior, and controlling and taxing businesses was rampant.

Obama  even got legislation passed ("If you like your Doctor, you can keep your Doctor" ... NOT) that forced you to BUY INSURANCE you did not want, or pay fines, and like insuring houses that are ALREADY on fire ... insured people with per-existing conditions. ( I am so glad we were not FORCED to buy GM cars.). 

The maximum the economy rose under that regime was 2.2% which he declared as the "New Normal ... get used to it!" (paraphrased), and plunged the economy of the USA into a deep recession.

The only thing that prospered under Obama was his cronies, including Hillary Clinton, who among her contemporaries, considers poverty level to be less than 40 million dollars a year, was the firearms industry, which churned out firearms and ammunition 24/7/365 for eight years.  Even my little town had a Gander Mountie Firearms Superstore as big as a Supermarket.  Every time Obama spoke publicly, he sold another 150,000 weapons .. which I consider a good thing.

When Trump came in, that Superstore had to close ( I think all GOOD men should be armed... not just the Bad Guys ...) and I am sorry about that, but the economy exploded like being shot out of a cannon just ANTICIPATING a promised cutback in regulations and crazy stuff. 

Trump followed through on his promises, and except where deliberately obstructed by Democrats and their conspirators, KEPT OR IS KEEPING ALL OF THEM .... totally unheard of in Washington politics.

Unfortunately, even though the economy is ROARING more than in the past 65 years, with a 4.4+% growth rate, when the price of ammunition went up, it never did go back down, so I have had to cut back on my target practice, off of my back patio deck.

It is fun, however to watch the politically insane consume themselves with hatred and self induced venom, as they did in the Brett Kavanaugh Senate Confirmation Hearings. 

Their public display of brazen concentrated Evil in those Senate Confirmation Hearings ... which was televised, and is archived on YouTube for all to see ... drove MANY Democrats to the Republican Party

The Republicans have serious problems ... but the other side is now quite obviously certified INSANE ... and Obama is giving speeches taking credit for what Trump's deregulation has caused ... with a look of sheer panic on his face, and no Democrat running for office wants Bill Clinton anywhere around them.

Wednesday, November 7 ... three days from now ... will tell if America has learned from the failed social experiment of the previous 8 years.

I am VERY optimistic for the future of the Republic !

I now understand why God allowed the ancient Israeli Kings to be fabulously wealthy ... so they could not be bribed.