• Views 309
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Depends on who you ask!

As i said before the GB of the JW Org do create confusion in people's hearts and minds. The Elders then add to that confusion.  Before i left the Org one of our daughters became 'no longer one of

Posted Images

They mess up family relationships for sure. They get people not really knowing what to do for the best.

For one instance, my brother who is an Elder. I talked through with him before I let the Org, and he agreed that i would get  Disfellowshipped if I shared my views with others before i left....  Since I've left and my brother knows my reason he is not against me, and he said I have not sinned against God, so he knows no reason why he should not talk to me. However he doesn't phone me like he used to and i can't phone him.. He does occasionally send me cuttings from a newspaper that he thinks might interest me, but not spiritual things. It's like he wants to just keep in touch but at a big distance, and of course he has told me that I'm not allowed to mention anything to his wife and grown up children about it. I would have been going to visit him to help him clear out two of his large sheds, but now it will not happen as he's too worried about me telling everything I know to his family.  It's his loss really but i do feel sorry for him. He's 77 years old and has prostate cancer. He wants to sort out his belongings, mainly the big sheds full of stuff, so that his wife isn't left with 'loads of junk' as she would call it. He's probably dying and he's frightened to have me visit him. Why ? All because of the GB rules. 

“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the world. No, I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.  I came to set sons against their fathers, daughters against their mothers, daughters-in-law against their mothers-in-law;  your worst enemies will be the members of your own family."  Matt 10:34,36

“I came to set the earth on fire, and how I wish it were already kindled!  I have a baptism to receive, and how distressed I am until it is over!  Do you suppose that I came to bring peace to the world? No, not peace, but division.  From now on a family of five will be divided, three against two and two against three.  Fathers will be against their sons, and sons against their fathers; mothers will be against their daughters, and daughters against their mothers; mothers-in-law will be against their daughters-in-law, and daughters-in-law against their mothers-in-law.”  Luke 12:49-53

JWs believe this happens when they enter the organization.  Not true.  I believe it would be quite rare for JWs to be  shunned for joining the organization.   It is when people eliminate the "mediator" - the organization, and turn fully to Christ and the Father, his words are realized.  

“Those who love their father or mother more than me are not fit to be my disciples; those who love their son or daughter more than me are not fit to be m disciples.  Those who do not take up their cross and follow in my steps are not fit to be my disciples.  Those who try to gain their own life will lose it; but those who lose their life (the life they have known in the org.) for my sake will gain it."  Matt 10:37-39

“Happy are those who are persecuted because they do what God requires;
    the Kingdom of heaven belongs to them!

“Happy are you when people insult you and persecute you and tell all kinds of evil lies against you because you are my followers.  Be happy and glad, for a great reward is kept for you in heaven. This is how the prophets who lived before you were persecuted."  Matt 5:10-12

What does God require?

"Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on His law day and night."

As i said before the GB of the JW Org do create confusion in people's hearts and minds. The Elders then add to that confusion. 

Before i left the Org one of our daughters became 'no longer one of JW's'. I had no idea why. So if I hadn't talked to her I would not have found out. However I made it clear that i would never stop talking to her and I would always be there if she needed me. 

Each JW is an individual and can act as they want. My brother has chosen to stay in seme-contact with me. However the over 100 JW's in my ex congregation do not talk to me. Even a brother that said he would visit me after 6 months, never has, proving himself a liar.

My feelings are now very mixed. I think God, who's name may be Yahweh or Jehovah, has given Jesus the authority to judge each of us, whether in or out of that Org. I also think there are good and bad people in or out of that Org. 

We allow ourselves to cause division within our families. It doesn't have to happen.  

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.