The World News Media

Are Jehovah’s Witnesses allowed to celebrate Thanksgiving?

The Librarian

• Views 1.8k
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The answer is no. Jehovah's WItnesses do not celebrate Thanksgiving. 
Although to be fair ... I have been to MANY witness gatherings where Turkey was served on Thanksgiving get togethers and we all snickered about actually having Turkey on Thanksgiving.

I imagine Bethel makes a strict rule about NOT having Turkey on "Turkey Day" however. :D

JW.org recently published an article stating the same.

2 hours ago, Melinda Mills said:

Haven't seen a sister in a mini skirt for a long time.

You probably haven't seen a sister in trousers either as here in the UK the sisters are NOT ALLOWED to wear trousers. 

And yes the word is ALLOWED because the GB make the RULES and the ELDERS act like policemen enforcing the RULES. If a person breaks the RULES too often they get Disfellowshipped. 

Deny all you like, you are like an Egyptian having a bath, always in de-nile :) 

Haven't seen any sisters in trousers either in the Kingdom Hall in my country. 

Saw sisters in elegant Punjabi dresses with trousers under them at an international convention in 2009 - not in my country. The country hosting the international convention has people of East Indian descent, so that is normal in that country.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.