The World News Media

Jack Ryan

@limmy  Apostasy is the formal disaffiliation from, or abandonment or renunciation of a religion by a person.

Not necessarily turning away from God, but turning away from a 'religion' 

Jehovah's Witnesses are a religion. but they do not have a monopoly on God. 

Monopoly the exclusive possession or control of the supply of or trade in a commodity or service

Quote: " Paul to was accused of Apostasy by the religious leaders against the mosaic law! "

So no problem in being called an apostate then is there ?  Even Jesus was apostate to the way that God had told the Nation of Israel to serve Him. Turning away from the old, turning toward the new. 

We can tell you are a newbie, you have much to learn.  May you have peace though. 

• Views 5.6k
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Limmy, you have to know the players here. Admin is not a Witness. The Librarian is, but he is certainly not a typical one. Call him avant- garde. Few Witnesses here are typical. This is not Bethel. Ap

To quote Sean Connery as James Bond in the movie "Goldfinger": " ..... Never was a man more misunderstood! ..... " I understand this, as with my size and appearance, and to avoid being misun

As for your idea of the 'truth' and i quote  " It's through meeting  people like this in the "truth", (and there are a few), that  others go apostate." The JW Org is not the 'truth'. Calling it t

Posted Images

To quote Sean Connery as James Bond in the movie "Goldfinger":

" ..... Never was a man more misunderstood! ..... "

I understand this, as with my size and appearance, and to avoid being misunderstood by curious neighbors ... I cannot dig holes in my back yard at night, in the rain, with a flashlight.

I'm only on here this evening as I'm wanting someone to buy the big pram / baby carriage I have on a Buy It Now on ebay UK. I need to be doing something whilst I'm hoping, so this is a good a place as any.  I did say a while back I'm no longer taking it seriously. 

Being on here is helping my keyboard skills, and I was hoping it would improve my spelling too. But ¼ to 10 pm, washing up in the sink, i should go do my job. Wife cooks, i wash up.... Don't look like I'm selling anything tonight, so it's goodnight from me.  Stay cool y'all. 

23 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

I'm only on here this evening as I'm wanting someone to buy the big pram / baby carriage I have on a Buy It Now on ebay UK. I need to be doing something whilst I'm hoping, so this is a good a place as any.  I did say a while back I'm no longer taking it seriously. 

Here in the United States we call them "Baby Buggys". 

I understand in the UK, they call the hood of a car, which covers the engine compartment a "bonnet".

The best way to make a baby buggy, is to continuously tickle its feet.

1 hour ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

We can tell you are a newbie, you have much to learn.

That's a bit rich. You are demonstrating that you area newbie from the nonsense you talk about Jesus being apostate to the way that God had told the Nation of Israel to serve Him.

Don't be deceived @limmy, you ain't gonna learn anything from this John Butler guy, newbie or not. It's through meeting  people like this in the "truth", (and there are a few), that  others go apostate.

12 hours ago, Outta Here said:

That's a bit rich. You are demonstrating that you area newbie from the nonsense you talk about Jesus being apostate to the way that God had told the Nation of Israel to serve Him.

Don't be deceived @limmy, you ain't gonna learn anything from this John Butler guy, newbie or not. It's through meeting  people like this in the "truth", (and there are a few), that  others go apostate.

@Outta Here   You didn't seem to disagree with JTR Jr, though when he said this

Quote : "Remember according to the Theocratic Organization ruling at the time of Jesus' time on Earth ... HE was an Apostate."  

God had placed the religious leaders over the Nation of Israel as spiritual guides but Jesus told them they were hypocrites and 'from their father the devil'  John 8 v 44

You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father

• I think that proves my point of Jesus being apostate to those that were supposed to be the spiritual leaders. 
  •  

12 hours ago, Outta Here said:

As for your idea of the 'truth' and i quote  " It's through meeting  people like this in the "truth", (and there are a few), that  others go apostate."

The JW Org is not the 'truth'. Calling it the 'truth' is just a sales gimmick.  Please remember who and what the truth really is. And i back this up from scripture at John 14 v 6

Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

The JW Org and it's Governing Body are NOT the truth. And Jesus clearly states that NO ONE comes to the Father (Almighty God) except through him (Jesus Christ). 

The JW Org can be likened to a Taxi cab, taking you on a journey. If it was going in the right direction then you would stay in that Taxi no matter what the cost.  However once you know that the Taxi is going in the wrong direction, you get out of it as soon as possible. 

4 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

"truth"

You quoted my "scare quotes" I note. Better check their usage before you take your "Taxi" too far in the wrong direction!

5 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

You didn't seem to disagree with JTR Jr,

But you know that things are not always what they "seem" to be, are they?

5 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

I think that proves my point of Jesus being apostate to those that were supposed to be the spiritual leaders. 

This is more of the faulty logic. Jesus was never apostate to those that were supposed to be spiritual leaders. Even your own insipid definition of apostasy confirms this. They may have believed him to be an apostate ..but they were as wrong as you are.

This isn't really conforming to the thread subject. Perhaps a discussion on the meaning of the term apostasy would be more appropriate elsewhere.

@Outta Here Quote This isn't really conforming to the thread subject. Perhaps a discussion on the meaning of the term apostasy would be more appropriate elsewhere. 

Yes, but you would never agree with me on anything. It seems to be just the way you are. 

"You quoted my "scare quotes" I note. "  I quoted it straight from your comment. 

Have a good day whomever you are. Hiding behind a pussy cat :) and no real name.  Doesn't quite show up as genuine really. but if it keeps you happy so be it.   

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.