Arauna

• Views 8.8k
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Interesting article and video..... On 11 December most countries will sign the UN Compact in Morocco.  It is part of the "Agenda 21" plan for the 21 st century  started in 1992.  Read up about Ag

Will you allow that an interest in history is permissible? Politics is current history, that’s all, or history in the making.  All human governments will drop the ball & usually it is a bowli

Look, I am in no mood for this. I just drove seven times around the mall of Jericho. Furious, I let loose with a mighty horn blast. I still hadn’t found a parking spot.

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

I still hadn’t found a parking spot.

UN Compact 2018 attempts to take care of this through strategic transportation management, making much more use of public transportation systems, and therefore much reduced use of the personal automobile. [If anyone asks, please let the Librarian know that I have successfully (and no doubt permanently) brought the topic back to "UN Compact 2018."]

1 hour ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

where is AllenSmith34 . . . Whatever happened to this person?

I have not mocked him here, nor did I take any cheap shots. But to answer your question, I remember back on August 17, 2018, he was evidently both the writer and upvoter of a comment complaining about the "failures of JWInsider" ("If JWinsider would expose his failure . . .", he said). That was also one of a couple posts where he had pointed out that I (and others) have grammar failures (a fact with which I have always wholeheartedly agreed). Under the name AllenSmith34 and some previous names with AllenSmith followed by a number, he also claimed that I and others 'have tried to push our own idea of proper grammar on others.' But his biggest complaint, of course, about persons like me had always been the my real failure is the inability to understand scripture.  

So although I haven't seen that exact name pop up for a while, I have seen that same series of points made. So at least I am not completely out of touch with those insights. Similar to this one . . .

6 hours ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

Obviously, if you and JWinsider’s attempt, is to force your idea of grammar on others. Keep in mind your own failures in grammar. Everyone has their own style, deal with it. Now if you can't understand scripture, that's a different story. I can understand that handicap that many here have. Matthew 5:29

. . .  and similar, of course, to this from "someone else" on August 17, 2018:

image.png.c74aeae20a7e94274e7bf3985f095a

1 hour ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

Did this person need to resort to another name usage to get access?

By the way, I would not have any problem with any of AllenSmith's monikers returning.  I have no issues with them. I learned a lot from him, and think it's easier for anyone to present a more complete and consistent view with less repetition when one keeps the same name throughout their entire history on a forum. I understand that there might be reasons for "banning" a person, but I think it's ridiculous because anyone can circumvent a banning with another name. Why not just make all banning temporary instead of so permanent?

Anyway, it's just like the UN Compact 2018 (mostly about immigration). I think it should keep the same name of the agenda that it is a part of, and not go under other names like Agenda 21, to be renamed Agenda 2030, etc.

41 minutes ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

The question is, How will the UN include communist nations or nations with extreme human right violations. With this, there is only one logical solution. God's Kingdom.

I was once cleaning my firearms on the dining room table, and my now ex-wife stood behind me, watching .. with a very worried look, and her fingers intertwined, and asked "What would you do is everyone in the world gave up THEIR guns?"

Without pausing or turning around, I said "Rule wisely!"

I forget the name of it, but the Branch Office Correspondence Guide Book even addresses how to reply when there are instances of hermaphrodite (Brothers?, Sisters?), and how they should behave, sexually.

I have a copy, somewhere around here.

It was posted earlier, on the JW-Archive, and I downloaded it.

Oh yes,  I just remembered a good search keyword ....... "Correspondence".

Correspondence Guidelines.pdf

Hermaphrodites are a very small percentage of the population - this is a true physical dilemma which does require special consideration.

However, to 'condone' sexual deviancy is declared to be wicked - Romans 1: 43 King James: " 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them."

True Christians will not compromise on this principal.  We are now being prepared to be under the future government of Jehovah where these things will not be allowed.

If I have a bad temper - I must learn to control it.  If I have deviant sexual desires - I must learn to control it.  Peoples foibles and fetishes differ but in the end self-control is what helps us.

Jesus said that looking at a woman to desire her is adultery and hating someone is like murdering them.  Why? The self-control of our desires, which originates in our deviant hearts, must be controlled.

We must be spiritually circumcised with Jehovah's laws written on our hearts.

What is all this complaint about grammar?  I thought this was a forum where one can have discussions similar to sitting in your lounge with friends.   I did not think this was a place where only the elites congregate to share their extensive scholarly inclinations and have scholarly debates while correcting the language on the contributions of others.

At newspapers they used to have subs to correct the serious language problems and journalists where hired for their knowledge and thinking abilities while reporting on actual events accurately.  This seems to have gone astray in the modern world. 

I have often seen people with little formal education have thinking abilities much better than those of scholars.  One just has to read the theories on theology such as “liberation theology” or the latest theories on how the New Testament was concocted…..by the Creaser’s of Rome…. Crazy stuff... to know there is a screw lose at universities.   The scholars these days really come up with unsubstantiated trash…  

My brother (who is not a JW) had almost 50 engineers working for him – some from Harvard.  He has 5 degrees and retired at age 40.   He always said: “People who cannot make it in the real world become scholars and teach at universities.” 

Depending on the field - I often agree with him… and seeing the level of science and education at universities at present, I totally agree with him.  I will not send my child to such an institution now to be brainwashed by them.  A vocational school is much better!

This is why I am very careful of wiki and many other sites.  It is edited by people with a new world agenda already embedded in their thinking.  Recently a person requested permission to edit what was written about him on Wikipedia.  They refused.  It apparently means that he did not understand his own writings and his own life history is twisted. This is happening much more and is more insidious than people think.  To keep blind to its level of permeation is to deliberately ignore what is in front of you. 

And of course there are people here on this forum who still have OCD – obsessive compulsive disorder – to twist any opportunity to hit back at the GB.

They are the ones hitting back at their brothers and it shows in their writings.

1 hour ago, Arauna said:

What is all this complaint about grammar?  I thought this was a forum where one can have discussions similar to sitting in your lounge with friends.

Exactly so!

What apparently happened is that JTR noticed that if one happened to misread something that BTK said, it could sound painfully funny. There was nothing ungrammatical or funny about what BTK said, and JTR did not say there was anything wrong with BTK's words. BTK probably missed the fact that JTR was only finding a joke in JTR's own potential misreading of it.

Here was the entire exchange:

On 12/23/2018 at 2:10 AM, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:
On 12/23/2018 at 1:57 AM, BillyTheKid46 said:

What is the test without ripping out an obstacle? 

If you have dyslexia when reading that sentence, it can be VERY painful.

I don't think that BTK got the joke, or he would have realized that JTR was making fun of his own self, and his own misreading, rather than making fun of what BTK said. I know that once you explain a joke it won't be as funny any more, but I'll break the unwritten rule. If one were not a good reader, they might take that serious and grammatical sentence: "What is the test without ripping out an obstacle?" and spoonerize it into one that contains the expression "ripping out a test-acle." Of course, this won't strike everyone as funny even if they get the joke. But the main point is to notice that no one was making fun of anyone else's grammar. 

Still, I knew better than to upvote JTR's joke, but I did it anyway and, sure enough, BTK claimed that JTR was making fun of his grammar, and that I was also making fun of it, because I laughed at JTR's "joke" with a "laugh" icon.  I had hesitated to laugh because I've seen this happen before when someone doesn't get someone else's joke and thinks people are laughing at something else. But JTR's joke was funny enough for me. Perhaps I am too easily amused. It reminded me of a experience while driving a car group just last week, when a person cut us off almost hitting us but swerved back into his lane when he realized it. For some reason, I quipped the spoonerism: "Stay in your lane . . . .or lay in your stain." No one laughed. They might have thought I suffered from the first stages of road rage. But if JTR had been in the car group, he might have given me an "upvote" of some kind.

After my upvote of JTR's nearly self-deprecating joke, BTK answered my upvote with:

18 hours ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

Obviously, if you and JWinsider’s attempt, is to force your idea of grammar on others. Keep in mind your own failures in grammar. Everyone has their own style, deal with it.

I completely agree with his sentiment, and only responded because of the false accusation BTK made:  that --by finding JTR's joke funny-- I was somehow forcing my idea of grammar on others, and implying that the joke was about a failure in BTK's grammar. I have never thought grammar was a big deal, and have always thought it was funny that anyone would think grammar or writing style was such a big deal.

(csvsh)

@Arauna I quote you :  "And of course there are people here on this forum who still have OCD – obsessive compulsive disorder – to twist any opportunity to hit back at the GB."

Do you know what you have done here ? Of course you don't. 

You have accepted the brainwashing of the GB and it has affected your thinking.  You are being a parrot, because this is just what the GB says about people who may be of the Anointed.  Mental illness. No. What you have is spiritual illness. 

•  

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.