The World News Media

'Yellow Vest' Protests

Guest Nicole

863F050D-1254-4A47-BA77-4BFD57861CAE_cx0_cy9_cw0_w1023_r1_s.jpg

Protesters wearing yellow vests walk on the Champs-Elysees Avenue with the Arc de Triomphe in the background during a national day of protest by the "yellow vests" movement in Paris, Dec. 8, 2018.

President Emmanuel Macron made an unannounced visit Friday night to a group of anti-riot security officers outside Paris to thank them for their work. 

The protests erupted in November over a fuel tax increase, which was part of Macron's plan to combat global warming. 

French Prime Minister Edouard Philippe called for new talks Saturday with representatives of the "yellow vest" movement. He vowed the government would address their concerns about rising living costs. 

The "yellow vest" movement was named after the safety jackets French motorists are required to keep in their vehicles, which the protesters wear at demonstrations. 

The weeks of protests have exposed intense resentment among non-city residents who feel that Macron, a former investment banker, is out of touch with struggling middle-class and blue-collar workers.

https://www.voanews.com/a/france-braces-for-4th-week-of-violent-protests/4692114.html

• Views 717
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It might be a "stretch", but, how about "The Last Days"? I Corinthians 15:52 states: "Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkl

Posted Images

UPDATED: Armoured vehicles rolled through central Paris on Saturday as riot police clashed with "yellow vest" demonstrators, who set fire to barricades and hurled rocks in the latest demonstrations against President Emmanuel Macron.

LATEST news

• Clashes continue in streets around Champs-Elysees
  • Riot try to disperse rioters with tear gas
  • Over 600 people arrested 
  • Yellow vests try to block Paris motorway
  • Many yellow vests protest peacefully on Champs Elysees

Here is the latest round-up from AFP

Armoured vehicles rolled through central Paris  on Saturday as riot police clashed with "yellow vest" demonstrators, who set fire to barricades and hurled rocks in the latest demonstrations against President Emmanuel Macron.

Shouts of "Macron, resign" mingled with tear gas on the Champs-Elysees avenue, which was the scene of the worst rioting in Paris in decades last week.

5fdc2a07cdeaebf57c3d28c6be27077960abd0af8a3ec80652763751386e4aed.jpg

https://www.thelocal.fr/20181208/police-in-paris-detain-278-people-ahead-of-yellow-vest-protest

50 minutes ago, admin said:

The people in the US are also fed up ....

This populist movement is fighting the corporate fascist movement ....

Not sure what it will be called in the USA yet though. 

Any ideas?

It might be a "stretch", but, how about "The Last Days"?

I Corinthians 15:52 states: "Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."

Historian David Montaigne noted that it is possible to look into such verses and explore what they might be saying about God's plans concerning Trump.

"I am not suggesting that Donald Trump absolutely *IS* the last trump – but since the LAST TRUMP is one of the most clear and final signs in end times prophecy, can we overlook the possibility that a presidential candidate named Trump is being used as a sign by God?" he posed.

Coincidence?

Do you REALLY think it's a coincidence that Elizabeth Taylor and Ernest Borgnine were NEVER shown in the same photograph?

I think NOT!

• 4 weeks later...