The World News Media

How To Improve Your Mornings

Guest Nicole SG

Guest Nicole SG

1. Practice gratitude.

Sounds simple, but the act of practicing gratitude helps put an end to anxious thoughts by forcing your brain to focus on the positive. Anxiety can often make you feel cut off from the world around you, and cultivating gratitude actively fights against that feeling. Plus, it works: Studies have shown that practicing gratitude daily positively affects mental health, reducing anxiety and stress and even making you a bit happier.

2. Start each day with intention.

Whether you're meditating, stating affirmations, or setting a daily intention, this short and sweet practice has one goal: to stop thoughts that lead to anxiety dead in their tracks.

Here are some suggestions:

• Whatever I do today, it's enough. And so am I.
  • I have the power to make changes.
  • I decide how my story is told.
  • Today, I choose joy.

3. Get CBD involved.

Ever heard of the endocannabinoid system? It's a network of cannabinoid receptors in the cells of our nervous system, immune system, digestive system, and many of the body's major organs. These receptors interact with the natural cannabinoid-like chemicals our bodies produce—and yes, the cannabinoid content from the cannabis plant—to help our systems keep calm and carry on under stress. 

4. Move a little.
Walk, run, burpee, cat/cow—do whatever your body likes to do, and make it a habit: Research proves over and over that exercise can help your brain cope with stress because physically active people have lower rates of anxiety than more sedentary people.

5. Get your internal dialogue on paper.

Keeping a bedside journal or thought diary is another useful way to manage stress and anxiety. Writing can be a healing practice, especially if you find it a bit difficult to talk about your anxious thoughts or are facing a new challenge or big decision that's causing overwhelm. Jotting down your thoughts on paper can give you clarity and a heightened view of your internal dialogue and release pent-up feelings and negative thoughts.

https://www.mindbodygreen.com/articles/how-to-improve-your-mornings-in-2019-if-youre-constantly-stressed-out

• Views 591
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

Popular Days