The World News Media

Thursday, 24. Jan. 2019 - Photo & Text of today...

Queen Esther

50428470_2385264191548387_8533127795469975552_n ---.jpg

Thursday,  24. Jan. 2019

Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, so that I can make a reply to him who taunts me.—Prov. 27:11.

Why is it comforting to reflect on the value of our faithfulness? Because it means that our trials serve a purpose. Far from indicating Jehovah’s displeasure, they provide for us a means to show that we support God’s sovereignty. Our endurance produces “an approved condition” and strengthens our hope. (Rom. 5:3-5) The record of Job bears out that “Jehovah is very tender in affection and merciful.” (Jas. 5:11) So we can be sure that he will reward us and all who uphold his sovereignty. Knowing this helps us “endure fully with patience and joy.” (Col. 1:11) Granted, keeping our eyes on the vindication of Jehovah’s sovereignty can be challenging. Therefore, we do well to remind ourselves regularly of the importance of supporting God’s sovereignty when we face difficult circumstances. w17.06 26 ¶15-16

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/dt/r1/lp-e/2019/1/24

• Views 328
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thursday,  24. Jan. 2019 Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, so that I can make a reply to him who taunts me.—Prov. 27:11. Why is it comforting to reflect on the value of our faithfu

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.